a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what is the next step for Vlad ?

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
The downing of that aircraft with so many Wagner head honchos onboard is Putin's equivalent to Hitler's "Night of the Long Knives" 1934
Ossie isn't spices that all of them fly in one plane over Russia one month after mutiny. Basically acting as sitting ducks for Putin. They know better than we what could happen.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Hmmm. He says, "it's weekend second half of august"-. It could be the he is talking about 19. or 20. august, but it's also could be 26. - 27. And plan crash was on 23.
Why he doesn't use the actual date is anybody's guess.

Surely the black boxes will have revealed the pilots' voices at the time the time of the crash.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

But Mr Peskov *(the Kremlin Spokesman) responded to the decision by saying: "We of course see it in a negative light, and any facilities for the production of weaponry, particularly if that weaponry shoots at us, do of course become an object of special attention for our military".

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I could be wrong, but I think that Russia could over run the Ukraine if they finally decide to do so.
Maybe they are just training their soldiers for a real large-scale war.
However, they would inherit a devasted infra structure and most likely encounter a strong partisan resistance.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I could be wrong, but I think that Russia could over run the Ukraine if they finally decide to do so.
Maybe they are just training their soldiers for a real large-scale war.
However, they would inherit a devasted infra structure and most likely encounter a strong partisan resistance.
I think you are wrong volt..Russia has squandered some if not most of their best troops in this stupid bloody war..airborne/armoured /infantry assault troops are nothing but a former shadow of themselves!..man for man on the battlefield my money is on the Ukrainians.. case of good French congnac volt!?..having said that the Russians are not to be underestimated!.. Putins a crafty little bugger and for some reason I have a sense that this is just a big game of chess for him!

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
In Putin's own words "betrayal is unacceptable". The Wagner boss was a dead man walking the moment he stopped Wagner troops entering Moscow. Lesson here is if you're going to start a coup...go all the way. One only has to look at abysmal, disorganised Generals Putsch of April 1961 in Algeria...
My thoughts exactly!..had Putin done nothing we would be talking about his demise!. For the Russians strength is everything!..but to show weakness. then you are living on borrowed time!..

Last edited:

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I think you are wrong volt..Russia has squandered some if not most of their best troops in this stupid bloody war..airborne/armoured /infantry assault troops are nothing but a former shadow of themselves!..man for man on the battlefield my money is on the Ukrainians.. case of good French congnac volt!?..having said that the Russians are not to be underestimated!.. Putins a crafty little bugger and for some reason I have a sense that this is just a big game of chess for him!
Damn, a case of good cognac sounds inviting.
However, I am not much of a gambling man.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
"Russia's mobilised forces remain under-trained, under-equipped and unprepared for combat, as was the case during their failed winter offensive last year," National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said in a briefing on Thursday.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Similarly to Wagner's prisoner units, Storm-Z detachments are reportedly often treated as an expendable force thrown into battle - with little consideration for the lives of their servicemen.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
"Russia's mobilised forces remain under-trained, under-equipped and unprepared for combat, as was the case during their failed winter offensive last year," National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said in a briefing on Thursday.

If John Kirby says, it's not that we have any reason to doubt his statements. But only if we do not know who he is and what was his agenda in last close to 10 y.
That guy is war monger as you get. Especially when come to US-Russia Conflicts. I watched those guy's statements for a long time and boy, he don't wanna any peace ##especially with Russia. Also i don't understand why he is so important? Why do always is him who telling us what we need to know about American military s#it.
If someone have explanation, I'm glad to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
So, yeah Mr. John Kirby is just a spokesman, but he do spoke for someone. Someone who want war at any cost.
Similarly to Wagner's prisoner units, Storm-Z detachments are reportedly often treated as an expendable force thrown into battle - with little consideration for the lives of their servicemen.
Same as FFL fighters are treated in France army. Isn't it Joe?
Let be honest, not like there's blood in France have same weight of young Frenchmen dying in same conflict?
I have to say! If I had to choose I would be rather be cannon fodder for French than for Russians.
But I hope that some older guys will start thinking with their own minds, Not trough BBC prisma

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
So, yeah Mr. John Kirby is just a spokesman, but he do spoke for someone. Someone who want war at any cost.
John F. Kirby (born June 3, 1963) is a retired United States Navy rear admiral serving as Coordinator for Strategic Communications at the National Security Council in the White House since late May 2022. He previously served as Pentagon Press Secretary for the first year and a half of the Biden administration and worked as a military and diplomatic analyst for CNN from 2017 to 2021. He served in the Obama administration as the spokesperson for the United States Department of State from 2015 to 2017.

I think that he knows what he's talking about, Dusa

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
First Joe sorry, about bad language I was having one of mine drunken rants. :)

As for John Kirby I'm sure he knows what he talking about and he knows stuff, but that doesn't make him less of a warmonger, war hawk as he is. For some reason guy is absolutely arrogant to me. As for his function I think he is primarily spokesman of military industrial complex, then everything else.

As for story of Russians killing retreating soldiers that's old cold war propaganda used shortly after WW2 ended. I'm not saying that is not true, but way it's presented is kind of slimy. Everything in that text could be also said for Ukrainians. But you can't hear that on western media. Only "Brave Ukrainians", "Fighting like lions for their motherland" Etc.
Also I think that penalty for desertion in war time in many countries is still death by firing squad. Well not in Russia, so if someone really doing that he can be charged. I know Wagner had that practice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Malta
If John Kirby says, it's not that we have any reason to doubt his statements. But only if we do not know who he is and what was his agenda in last close to 10 y.
That guy is war monger as you get. Especially when come to US-Russia Conflicts. I watched those guy's statements for a long time and boy, he don't wanna any peace ##especially with Russia. Also i don't understand why he is so important? Why do always is him who telling us what we need to know about American military s#it.
If someone have explanation, I'm glad to hear.
If I may put my two cents in, based on the fact (1) I have a Masters in International Relations and that (2) among all the teachers I had during that program, I was fortunate enough to find one single teacher who was no fool.

People want to see everything, especially politics, leaders, media, wars, peace, treaties---- in black and white. They say there are black hats and there are white hats. Unfortunately, what you see is not what you get. Doubt everything you hear and see. A spokesman, whatever his background, may be sincere but that doesn’t mean he really knows the “what and why” of what is really going on.

After all, there is a whole “staircase” of need-to-know levels above the elected leaders of nations. Which begs the question: “Do the nations’ leaders really know what they are saying and doing.?”