a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Workout routine

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
It sounds like it shouldn't be too big a problem for me. At least, they "shouldn't" turn me around on questioning. Sounds pretty Lax.

I'll take some Train routes with me in the event the Immigration Officer is having a bad day.

8 days to go !!

You will be OK for entering country. Keep us informed. Do you have booked flight? You probably going before me. I got some problem with leg. So that will delay my week or two, again :(.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Will France care that I only have a 1 way ticket on arrival ? I know other countries get pissy over not having round trip tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you get checked by border agents, they will question you on how long you are planning to stay, and if you have the funds to cover your stay.
At least this is the way in Canada and I assume it is the same in France.
In Canada they won't let you enter the country if you do not have a clear plan.
Better be safe then sorry and have a return ticket.

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Dusa, "ditto" is used as an expression for "same".

Example: Person 1; "Wow, that was difficult"
Person 2; "Ditto"

Pronounced; Dit-toe (like Zit (pimple) followed by a very soft spoken toe)

jszy92

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Will France care that I only have a 1 way ticket on arrival ? I know other countries get pissy over not having round trip tickets.

when i asked at the consulate in Chicago they told me i wouldn't have any problems with a one way ticket at immigration.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
when i asked at the consulate in Chicago they told me i wouldn't have any problems with a one way ticket at immigration.

jszy92, thank you for the direct answer. I will report back with my experience, as well as a picture of myself at the gates, before knocking on the gates.

1 week to go !

If I make the pre-selection,
I'm 100% confident I will make selection as I really want this, and have for a very long portion of my life.

It will show, that my tattoos and my physical scars are looked past since nothing broken and no surgeries. The usmc didn't look twice at my scars, so I'm sure the FFL won't ask twice either.

jszy92

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
jszy92, thank you for the direct answer. I will report back with my experience, as well as a picture of myself at the gates, before knocking on the gates.

1 week to go !

If I make the pre-selection,
I'm 100% confident I will make selection as I really want this.

It will show, that my tattoos and my physical scars are looked past since nothing broken and no surgeries. The usmc didn't look twice at my scars, so I'm sure the FFL won't ask twice either.

no problem man, the consulate said they will most likely just want to be sure you can afford to fly back if you get rejected, But good luck man! i wish you the best.

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
if you get rejected

So ... I was under the impression that if one told the Immigration Officer, they would be turned around at the airport.

One can openly talk about, and attempt to sign up with the FFL, in front of police and the population ?

I know it's not a secret society, but I thought it was not smiled upon and could bring trouble as I would be a foreigner and they wouldn't want a foreigner to openly join their military.

Maybe I read too many stories as a kid.

jszy92

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
So ... I was under the impression that if one told the Immigration Officer, they would be turned around at the airport.

One can openly talk about, and attempt to sign up with the FFL, in front of police and the population ?

I know it's not a secret society, but I thought it was not smiled upon and could bring trouble as I would be a foreigner and they wouldn't want a foreigner to openly join their military.

i haven't heard that before. that seems like it would defeat the purpose of a foreign legion. but im not french so i dont know forsure.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa

Just keep your mouth shut about the Legion to any immigration officer, it's better to be safe than sorry. Youre a student that's going backpacking through France, keep it simple.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

There's no problems with telling the police that you want to join the legion. In fact at one time you could apply at any police station in France. they would get in touch with the nearest PILE or PRLE so that they would come and pick you up.

If I've read correctly your question is immigration which are Police also. They are there to check people's story of why they want to enter France. Just saying that you want to join the FFL may not be enough. I agree that you are not from Mali or Algeria, but would it not be easier to say that you are hoping to travel around the country and intend to travel to another country before flying home. Or even have the return ticket which sometimes costs less then a oneway ?

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Tomorrow is the big day.

Fly out in the 28th, arrive on the 29th.
Take a train, transfer to another, walk for 30-40 minutes to explore, then knock on the big gates.
I'm more excited now than I was at 18 to stand on the yellow foot prints.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Good luck man. Keep in touch with us whatever happens.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Tomorrow is the big day.

Fly out in the 28th, arrive on the 29th.
Take a train, transfer to another, walk for 30-40 minutes to explore, then knock on the big gates.
I'm more excited now than I was at 18 to stand on the yellow foot prints.

Good luck mate hope we dont hear from you in 4 months ;D

sombrerox

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I believe one of the "punishments" for Germany after WW2 was soldier limit of 100,000 people, so I don't know how big they can get for the next ~38 years.

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
To those I've reached out to, you know my reasons, you also know I'll be going with my choice of my story, the real story, and I thank you for your time, and your input, and all your insights, encouragements, and advice.
(Holy run on sentences batman !)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I believe one of the "punishments" for Germany after WW2 was soldier limit of 100,000 people, so I don't know how big they can get for the next ~38 years.

They already have 180 000 thousands in active service and they planning to increase the number up to 200 000 in next couple years.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...my-200000-troops-amid-growing-concern-donald/

Numbers don't telling mach .They really do serious modernization and strengthening of armed forces.