a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visiting my Son after basic training

robnunya

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
In my time only the combat rations were geared for Muslims and non Muslims.
For the rest in camp or Caserne you ate what was served or went hungry.

That's interesting. I guess that as a result there must be very few of any observant Muslims or Jews who join the FFL?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
That's interesting. I guess that as a result there must be very few of any observant Muslims or Jews who join the FFL?

I've nothing against either religion but I can't see the legion going as far as buying kasher and whatever the muslims call their way of killing animals and cooking them. And a week into instruction I doubt if Jacob or Mohamed care either 'just give it me, I'm starving'.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada

There are many Muslims, and as far as I know some Jews, in the Legion. After the farm, they eat what they get : Halal rations if they get some (and these are not bad) or any other food because they want to survive. They usually serve with Honor !

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
you eat what your given religion don't come into it in the field or barracks for that matter.