a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top anti-Taliban rebel pins his hopes on France--->News Headline

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

What you guys think about it.
Maybe France becomes the new USA in the region to fight againist -Taliban-
And i hope France wont do same mistakes as USA.
İ hope Legion gives them hell...
And they shall give...

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
"In my opinion" ... Middle East / Africa is a never ending war, specially because of religion or poor countries and people that can control
the majorities / tribes, or whatever the hell drives them to keep fighting for forever.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Some regions lack of education makes these countries destabilize.
Example in ottoman lack of secular education leads to Religious leaders become so powerful because of it in the independence war of Turkey these leaders helped invader forces.
So never ending fights happens because of the wheel of hate turns and these kind of religious leaders, ideologies and other destabilizing subjects leads this countries to total destruction and hurts their past; another example when Turks accepted islam they rejected their past because these religious leader said its haram : ) )
These kind of things will stops whenever equality and quality in the education becomes availible all around the world.

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
If France gives assistance to any anti Taliban out fit
We will expect terror attacks on our terriority
though things look caotic(Just looking the news not a professional political economic or something lol)

Even if france do it (or not) whats the point of view of an ancien legionaire(Is that correct?) on that matter?

Does it mean something for the troops or for the legion right now?

Saw a instagram post, something about french forces rescuing french personnel in afeganistan, and got me curious about what that means in the large scale

or if it means nothing too lol

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
If the Talibans accord to the U.K. and France, the security enclave for the air port...as they have requested, then, french troops will be présent, to evacuate more Afghans
More than doubtful
France pulled out of Afghanistan in 2010...

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It's an évacuation mission and the last flight out was friday... might be extented if the Talibans agree to the safe zone at the air port but unlikely

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Looks like Taliban is saying yes to Turkey to handle the kabul airport.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
If the Talibans accord to the U.K. and France, the security enclave for the air port...as they have requested, then, french troops will be présent, to evacuate more Afghans
More than doubtful
France pulled out of Afghanistan in 2010...
I believe it was 2014. They are now trying to get their old interpreters and their families out. A bit late. since then the people have moved on and ideas and ideologies have changed.

I don't like getting into politics, but what on earth is France doing trying to meddle with other countries. Since it lost its colonies in Africa in 1960, they have continued to pile money into these corrupt governments. Pdt Macron has allowed them to print their own money, where as before it was done in France under strict control.

The Afghans who come to France will be given everything, from free lodgings, schooling and the dole. When France pulled out of Afghanistan it was for a reason. I can understand that it wont be easy for those who stay. However there is such a culture difference between the two countries, I wonder if they will appreciate it? I mean there are Arabs living in France who cannot speak a single sentence in French.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I mean there are Arabs living in France who cannot speak a single sentence in French.
These people are like living in a certain area and they dont go out most often.
They buy from Muslim markets etc.
And they dont bother adapt to society because they distinguish themselves from Christian French people.
The reason because i say Christian French people because they dont look from a good perspective to people from other religions.
Some of those Afghan families dont send their children to school because of the education system there.

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Its all about power, influence and control, religion is just a tool in their hands, which makes it easier to manipulate
and keep control in poor countries. It doesnt matter if its christian, islam, or whatever religion they are related to,
When Germany received refuges, I really thought they would get a harsh period of civilian conflicts, cultural, religion etc

As le petit cap has mentioned, or at least what I could understand, in politics matter, France would avoid any part of all that.
Obviously, if anything result in more jobs for FFL, I am in completely in favor of their choice.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
religion is just a tool in their hands
İ can agree with you in a particular way.
Yes France is using this tool but i dont think they are sucesfull about it.
Because of it there is plenty of cells in France and they are well hidden.
You cant win againist Radical İslamist by fighting you have to win the war in head.
Because when they start they wont stop until the last man and they will proud of fighting againist nonsense fight againist western countries.
Because its their holy war in their mind :)

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
oh just to clarify, I am not saying France is using religion as tool, just saying in Middle East or any other part of the globe,
radicalism use it as tool.
I think France has been good and in a grey area of not taking sides and avoiding conflicts.
Politically speaking, I wouldnt touch anything from Middle East.

US has been in Afghanistan for a long time, and look what the mess it is now and real quickly.
(not saying its because US, but because the culture in these regions).

And you are godamn right, forgot that expression, Holy War. All I am focused is having opportunities to enter in FFL
no matter what political decision France will take.

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Pdt Macron announced the other day in IRAQ that a french présence will continue in IRAQ even with the depature of the Américains
Approx : 800 pax

just curiosity, which regiments would probably go to these regions?
Infantary, parachutists, engineers, or its a mix/sum of personnel from each regiment?
Historically, there is any regiment with lack of personnel (people who move to another, or don't want to join, etc)?

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
My experience of the French and French politics is they would sell their sole to the devil to save themselves, some of the deals the French government has done over the years just takes your breath away, their is a reason the French have the FFL as most of them have zero balls!

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
My experience of the French and French politics is they would sell their sole to the devil to save themselves, some of the deals the French government has done over the years just takes your breath away, their is a reason the French have the FFL as most of them have zero balls!
Agreed - FFL has always been cannon fodder for the ambition of French politicians.
But isn't it exactly that, that made the FFL fun with gungo outings over the years to exotic places like Zaire, Chad etc... et les primes putain ! :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
And you are godamn right, forgot that expression
İt was Jihad
US has been in Afghanistan for a long time, and look what the mess it is now and real quickly.
İ think they could end it way sooner just like in Vietnam.
The politics slows down sh$t and when stuff slow down people dies when people dies public opinion goes when it happens you lose the fighting spirit and bam!!!
You lost the war dude.
Even Turkey did amazing job clearing those mountains with low skilled manpower. The tip is political support : )

Last edited by a moderator: