a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Legion in the media

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
2 REI regimental run, (in combats) today in the town center, (Esplanade Charles de Gaule)
Source : Objectif Gard (photo)

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Coup in Gabon.
Military have seized control of State television and state Radio. Claim to be restoring democracy as President is unable to fulfill his duties.
Coup is a failure, Presidential Guard and loyal forces retook control in the capital and have arrested 4/5 plotters, 5th is on the run.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Oity there is usually a legion company in the vicinity if not the country itself.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Was Adjudant S. , ex 2 REI, who was in charge of the garde républicain : Lieutenant Colonel
Gabon is and always has been a source of financement for french political parties...(Ultra right Identitaires?)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks for posting this Dusa. I've got to admit that I can't watch all the videos, but like to come back to them when I can. I've just forwarded this to Erika. I used to be proud of joining the Brit army at 16, going on to being part of the AMF (L) L being logistics. Going on to doing my All Arms Commando Course - basically an all round tough nut !o_O
Now all I'm waiting for is" Watch and shoot. Watch and shoot from Erika.:cautious:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well that didn't take long. Erika (between fits of laughter) was asking me if it was the same when I joined up? Do I regret not having stayed when it got better? Is the legion going to follow suit?
Thanks again for posting the video Dusa :rolleyes:
Naw, you're alright mate, it was my own fault:p I suppose that'll teach me:unsure:.

Lessons learned = Don't supply your Mrs with the stick to beat you with.
Also anyone coming from the UK and asked why you didn't join the Brit army...;)

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Well that didn't take long. Erika (between fits of laughter) was asking me if it was the same when I joined up? Do I regret not having stayed when it got better? Is the legion going to follow suit?
Naw, you're alright mate, it was my own fault:p I suppose that'll teach me:unsure:.

The current state of affairs is a joke, I recently caught up with 2 mates from school, one is RN and other the Army. Its a joke what these chaps have to do, at least if the military doesnt work out you can become a PC social worker. Only the RM have any semblance of normality left.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Actually those ridiculous posters hit me quite good. I was a kind of class clown in school and also binge gamer in one period of my life. Now I'm a binge drinker :), Just kidding, usually I drink responsibly and moderately. Never get visibly drunk .

Only if I'm Muslim,gay, black woman I would be perfect for UK forces. :)

Last edited:

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
"When asked the legion said it had no records of the man. " , Is that not the standard answer to anyone asking about someone in the Legion ?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

You know the British Army was not like this before. I'm sure there are a few " luminous pebbles" in the Legion. Not all switched on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Check out 1;33. so I guess the Legion has followed Suit Joe. Not all big tough men. :D

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yes very sad to see but remind US of your Service?
Have non. Is that preventing me from having good laugh on this? Why did you take it personally? I didn't shamed whole UK army, only this obviously ridiculous campaign.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Check out 1;33. so I guess the Legion has followed Suit Joe. Not all big tough men. :D
Couldn't really find anything wrong at 1:33. Do you mean the black guy? His probably from Africa and for the moment overwhelmed by events. He'll settle in.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Have non. Is that preventing me from having good laugh on this? Why did you take it personally? I didn't shamed whole UK army, only this obviously ridiculous campaign.
No i don't take it Personal but I think it's the people up top who are to blame for this sort of thing not the troops on the ground. Just annoys me that they end up getting slagged off.