a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some (American) political humor..

joette ✞

In Memoriam....Retired and missed Mod ...
Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Just a little chuckle for the day!!! I think more people would watch this than any of the debates!!! We are all tried of hearing the political debates..I wish it was over!!:) They make a cute couple tho..LOL

Mise

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Ye must have been at it now for over a year and a half, other countries have had 2 elections and a yank sponsored coup in that time. HURRY THE FECK UP, the world only has so many revolutions

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
I sick of the bloody thing. Get it over with and see what special relationship developes between the White House and Number 10.Oncew again the Uk will be the Usa Lapdog me thinks

Pagoda_Warrior

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Too true..... ie GIVE US MORE TROOPS IN THE STAN AS EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO SHIT TO DO THE JOB.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Our election cycle is FAR too long. Presidents spend more time campaigning than running the country properly it sometimes seems.

We need to shorten it by a LONG MARGIN.

It must be brutally exhausting for the candidates, hell even watching it is tiring.
I'm sick of it.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Too true..... ie GIVE US MORE TROOPS IN THE STAN AS EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO SHIT TO DO THE JOB.

Or pull the British guys and girls out and let the yanks take over. A mate who is still serving in the Grens is going on his third tour in 2 years........
Weve lost to many good peeps... Or pull out completely and let the ragheads shoot each other.

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Or pull the British guys and girls out and let the yanks take over. A mate who is still serving in the Grens is going on his third tour in 2 years........
Weve lost to many good peeps... Or pull out completely and let the ragheads shoot each other.

We've lost alot too Martin I agree with the latter..pull everyone out and let them blow each other up.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
I disagree...pulling out is a horrible idea for anyone there. WE CAN 'win' the war there. It was just neglected for too long while all the funding and troops and equipment went to Iraq. We HAVE made amazing progress in Iraq when we turned away from just straight conventional military force and started working closely with different groups within Iraq and working to build the institutions in Iraq.

We need more military forces in Afghanistan, however that alone won't solve the Taliban and A.Q. problem. It is a hard nut to crack. The government is weak and if we left it would absolutely fall apart (or just hold onto Kabul). We have to do it all there, fight the insurgents, stop more from coming over from the Pakistan Tribal areas. Go after the leadership and training centers where ever they are. Build the Government institutions in Afghanistan, build the military, police, courts...Build more schools. Build the infrastructure, offer alternatives to farmers besides poppies to get money for their families....

If we leave it will go back to being a breeding/training ground for extremists and will be worse than before as AQ will have won a coup telling the world they defeated the US AND NATO....We will have given them the victory they want and made the sacrifices of so many men and women meaningless.

But then that is just my opinion and I haven't served over there so take it as you will (though am trying to find a way to go).

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Tuesday it will be all over. :)

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
More humor..........

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
I disagree...pulling out is a horrible idea for anyone there. WE CAN 'win' the war there. It was just neglected for too long while all the funding and troops and equipment went to Iraq. We HAVE made amazing progress in Iraq when we turned away from just straight conventional military force and started working closely with different groups within Iraq and working to build the institutions in Iraq.

We need more military forces in Afghanistan, however that alone won't solve the Taliban and A.Q. problem. It is a hard nut to crack. The government is weak and if we left it would absolutely fall apart (or just hold onto Kabul). We have to do it all there, fight the insurgents, stop more from coming over from the Pakistan Tribal areas. Go after the leadership and training centers where ever they are. Build the Government institutions in Afghanistan, build the military, police, courts...Build more schools. Build the infrastructure, offer alternatives to farmers besides poppies to get money for their families....

If we leave it will go back to being a breeding/training ground for extremists and will be worse than before as AQ will have won a coup telling the world they defeated the US AND NATO....We will have given them the victory they want and made the sacrifices of so many men and women meaningless.

But then that is just my opinion and I haven't served over there so take it as you will (though am trying to find a way to go).

NICK. Having read your reply with great interest I have to come to a conclusion that I cannot agree with what you said on some points and agree on others. But history tells us that the British in the 1800,s. The USSR as was and now both the British agian and whoever else are being fucked over in the Stan. Get all the lads and ladies out and let the Bastards blow each other to bits... Dont want to get in a debate with you mate just my humble option thats all.

Last edited:

suttongm

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The jordan shoe thing is about to make my blood boil. great posts I am reading, good input, outside and inside people aware of the issues in this country and then the jordan shoes again. I would like to see those shoes dance to the tune of a 5.56 X 45 stutter, ass.
Greg

repman86

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I sick of the bloody thing. Get it over with and see what special relationship developes between the White House and Number 10.Oncew again the Uk will be the Usa Lapdog me thinks

F;KIN L Martin yur engwish iz shyte, you now write and sound like a Londoner.:D:D

repman86

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Have to agree with sutt on this, the americans/brits and the few other nationalities over there are doing a great job, thing is the border crossings of the foreign fighters, if they could seal up the borders for a good length of time and carry on with the kill ratio they are acheiving it could be a possibility, but, the border regions down there are a major factor in this conflict, I suppose also if they could get the border tribes onside that would be a major blow to the insurgents,
Whatever happens down there the troops of all the nationalities are doing a great job and deserve all our support whichever way the bastard politicians decide to go.

suttongm

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Now someone has got a plan. Repman send that last post to the big house here and sign "concerned member of the planet".

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
F;KIN L Martin yur engwish iz shyte, you now write and sound like a Londoner.:D:D

My English isnt shite old bean. I do speak like a fing Londoner. lol.
Still cant agree with some things but the world would be a bloody boring place if we all agreed all the time