a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paris Bound

Geneticcz

Reaction score
Home Country
Antarctica
too bad to hear he didnt make it. curious as to why. read a lot of stories from people who are heading there but few about failed attempts. which is understandable, if they are not going for a 2nd attempt, they most likely dont come back here.

which makes me more curious as this guy for example has military experience, seemed fit enough after prepping for 6 months, learned basic french so did pretty much everything u can do to prepare? do these people fail on the "IQ" tests? they leave on their own because its not what they experienced? failed the medical for an unexpected reason?

Theuglyfriend

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
too bad to hear he didnt make it. curious as to why. read a lot of stories from people who are heading there but few about failed attempts. which is understandable, if they are not going for a 2nd attempt, they most likely dont come back here.

which makes me more curious as this guy for example has military experience, seemed fit enough after prepping for 6 months, learned basic french so did pretty much everything u can do to prepare? do these people fail on the "IQ" tests? they leave on their own because its not what they experienced? failed the medical for an unexpected reason?
I wish he would share with everyone why he didn’t make. There are a million reasons why he didn’t. I’ve been at this since 1996. He seemed super prepared.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I wish he would share with everyone why he didn’t make. There are a million reasons why he didn’t. I’ve been at this since 1996. He seemed super prepared.
Perhaps he was super prepared physical wise. But it is the mental side that is the most difficult. When you are waiting around in Aubagne or doing mundane jobs it's easy to find the grass greener on the other side. Also if you compare Aubagne and Castel to the rest of the 5 years, you have already given in.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino

Good to hear that you are going this month. It's a good time to go for less competition since it will be freezing, but luckily it will warm up a bit while you are in training if you make it in.
Good luck.

The link in my previous post led to the thread where he talks about it. He got cut for scarification body art.

Theuglyfriend

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Good to hear that you are going this month. It's a good time to go for less competition since it will be freezing, but luckily it will warm up a bit while you are in training if you make it in.
Good luck.

The link in my previous post led to the thread where he talks about it. He got cut for scarification body art.
Can you shoot me a link? I’m on an iPhone at work.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I sent you a message or I think I did, not used to the new board.

I will post it again here as well.

Click the link below:
Thread about Rockitz return from Aubagne
Thanks for posting this Nick. It kind of highlights what I've said before about disinfectant soap. It may not sound like a big deal but as Rockitz points out, there are people from all walks of life who go to join. Wash your hands at all times. French and French ex-colonies have a habit of shaking hands. It's difficult to avoid. But make sure that when you go to eat you will be scrapping up any gravy or other sauce with a piece of French loaf. With your bare hands. The same ones that you have been working with and maybe shaking hands with someone who does not have the same hygiene standards as you.

This is in the beginning, and those that make it through will be taught. But in the mean time make sure that you don't turn up in Aubagne about to do the Luc Leger or tractions with the 'wildies'.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
French and French ex-colonies have a habit of shaking hands. It's difficult to avoid.
What? You Anglos don't have that custom? Come on, English practise that too. Kissing is another thing.

Last edited by a moderator: