a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Padre introducing himself

Padre

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Hi everybody !

happy to be member of this forum !
I'm pastor and I was chaplain in the French Foreign Legion for ten years between 1992 and 2002. I use to visit (pastoraly) 2eREP in Calvi, 4eRe in Castelnaudary, 2eREG. And I was with the Legion in Djibouti, Tchad, CentreAfrique, Sarajevo (twice, 1995-96, 1997).
My office was in Aubagne (COMLE).
Actually, I'm Acupuncturist working in my clinic in Aubagne.

Padre

corvee de chotte

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Welcome Padre, i remember your predecessor at Calvi. He was not to enamoured with my crèche de Noël as I placed the baby Jesus and his entourage inside an empty case of Kronenbourg. I have now repented and in my defence it was the Jews that made me do it.

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
the padre fom calvi will be in his seventys by now he used to drink with us at camerone and xmas if its you glade to see you still kicking mon pere

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bienvenue mon pere. Nous desirons votre sagesse et confort spirituel.
Of course I only speak pour moi meme ! As for the others what can I say ?

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Woaow... Welcome aboard mon Père... The standing of the forum has suddenly made a significant step forward. If we have a Chaplain now, what it will be in the future ? The COMLE registering to the board to police the whole stuff ? Let's be careful guys...

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Woaow... Welcome aboard mon Père... The standing of the forum has suddenly made a significant step forward. If we have a Chaplain now, what it will be in the future ? The COMLE registering to the board to police the whole stuff ? Let's be careful guys...

Given the ages of some of us, GLE may be more appropriate to police it LOL:)

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Reaction score
Hello from an ex legionnaire who spent 10 years in the Legion from 1992 - 2002.

Also living in Aubagne ;) I knew a good pastor in the legion "He had a beard, a goatee if I remember correctly" and he liked changing dollars into Francs LOL..... Those were the days in the Foyer in 1°RE..

Cpl K...

PS: Nice place the Résidence Grand Cèdre ;)

Madmonk 7.5

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
Welcome to this forum Padre, I have tried in vain to reform these heathens and they drove me nuts! (in the Legion and on this forum) Maybe you will have better luck. :D

Last edited:

RadioTex

Crusty Caporal
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
We are all beyond reform. The best thing to do is keep us in alchohol and surrounded by the ladies.