a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion Way ?????

L

legion hopefull

Unregistered
I have not read anything on this so my apologies if it has been posted before.
How should one act when at attention ? Should one be loud and allways sound-off ?? Or do they want something a bit more calm heh.

Ex: During role-call: Private Second Class, *Blah* Sir !!!!!!!!!!!
Basically scream or no scream, I know its a bad example but in America and yes I know the Legion is NOT america they expected you to sound-off as loud as possible.

I know its a minor question, but I am running-out of questions here ! Thats a good thing !

Last edited:

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
At first parade of the day at 0730, the duty corporal or sergeant (caporal and sergent du jour) has the platoon manpower number in mind (legionnaires present, those on courses and absent) from the 'billet d'appel' (morning roll call paper given to the company admin office at 0600) and presents this number to the platoon commander. Then, the adjudant de compagnie (senior warrant officer) presents the tally of the manpower of company platoons from the sum of platoon billets d'appel to the company commander. During this short period, the company stands to attention. When your name is called on parade, it's normally at ease and then you stand to attention without saying anything. If you're required to step out of the platoon formation you're given the "sort des rangs" instruction/order. Only if there is a doubt that you're in the ranks do you reply 'sergent' or 'mon lieutenant' but don't scream. Noone is deaf in the FFL...

Last edited:

Mark

Reaction score
Not to smeg'an Eagle:

In selection dont shout, just advance your voice.
Just pernounce "Presont Caperal Chief!" with clearity, and precance.

And Learn "Bone Newie Caperal Chief"
;~{) (mustace is growing back nicly thank you!)