a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mihc117

Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
Good morning!
I have a medical question, it's about the knees. First let me tell you that i can do anything. Jump, hike, run for kilometers, squat, deadlift, press (180 kg) i have been on two mountains (2600m) with a 20kg backpack with no problem. Overall no pain. What im considering a problem is that when i go from crouch to standing position it pops. Tiny crackling sound. I also visited the doctor to check it out and he said that it's nothing wrong. Mobility and functions are full and completely normal.

Can this be a problem at the medical checkup?

Thank you for all the answers.

Sorry for bad english.

Highlander

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Its crack everytime or just when you start exercising or when you wake up in the morning? First of all, its normal por articulations with fluid (like knees, shoulders, and anklees and many others) its just the fluid (synovial fluid) moving around that make that sound, just like snaping your fingers.

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
That happens to me sometimes as well, I've been told that as long as you don't feel any pain in the knee then it's pretty normal.

Mihc117

Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
highlander: i know what you mean, but its a different kind of crack, the sound is a bit different. It cracks every time. In the morning, evening, cold, warmed up, even if i walk upstairs (two steps at the time). I got concerned because ive read an article about the knee check and that many people get rejected because of them.

Highlander

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Ok... only your knee crack or other articulations too? When it happened, any time of day, does happen one after other or it takes a little time to happen again? Can you make it crack with some especific move of your knee ou leg?

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
highlander: i know what you mean, but its a different kind of crack, the sound is a bit different. It cracks every time. In the morning, evening, cold, warmed up, even if i walk upstairs (two steps at the time). I got concerned because ive read an article about the knee check and that many people get rejected because of them.

If it is like that, you risk being rejected. But it is to the Legion Doctor to decide, and his decision is (nearly) final : never heard of a successful appeal.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'd advise against anything that puts strain on the knees such as squats, jumping etc. until you get in. I'm not a doctor but I would advise rest on your knees. Among the greens who remembers “la marche canardâ€￾?

C

cujo6688

Unregistered
I'd advise against anything that puts strain on the knees such as squats, jumping etc. until you get in. I'm not a doctor but I would advise rest on your knees. Among the greens who remembers “la marche canardâ€￾?
I've seen a legion documentary, if someone did something bad (punishment) they made them do the duck walking and they had to kwak like a duck while marching.(I think maybe this is the "la marche canard")

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) First let me tell you that I can do anything. Jump, hike, run for kilometers, squat, deadlift, press (180 kg) i have been on two mountains (2600m) with a 20kg backpack with no problem. Overall no pain. (...) I also visited the doctor to check it out and he said that it's nothing wrong. Mobility and functions are full and completely normal. (...)
Fine, so tell me one thing : what is your f*cking problem? :rolleyes:

AYF1993

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Go and see a good chiropractor, maybe your tibia , femur and patella are shifted and your "clicking" is the sign that they are not in the right places.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I've seen a legion documentary, if someone did something bad (punishment) they made them do the duck walking and they had to kwak like a duck while marching.(I think maybe this is the "la marche canard")

That's exactly what it is, killed your knees. The medecin en chef in the REP put a stop to it.

C

cujo6688

Unregistered
That's exactly what it is, killed your knees. The medecin en chef in the REP put a stop to it.
its truly painful, my first teacher sometimes made us do the same thing for warming up exercises (kung fu) but without sounding like a duck and also allot of frog leaps. it really takes a heavy toll on the knees.

Mihc117

Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
It cliks every time, if I move upstairs or climb higher ledges. One click after another, it's only my left knee. I'm really worried because I trained so hard for the last six months and don't want to be rejected because of some stupid sound. I tried to do the quack march, it didn't pop, no sound. It pops only at specific angle.

The captain: i have a friend that has the same problem. but with no pain or any other disabilities.
Rapace: My sound making knee could be a problem at the doctors office. I've read many articles about doctors check up so I became worried because I really want to join the FFL.

Mihc117

Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
Fine, so tell me one thing : what is your f*cking problem? :rolleyes:
Your question keeps rolling in my head and now I will answer it honestly. I'm sick and tired of my back stabbing friends, my drug abusive mother, my drug dealing gangsta bullshit father. I'm sick of my job, my boss. All I care is getting in better shape, spend those two free days a week in the woods. 6 months ago I've said to myself, fu^#k this shit I i will do anything to get in the FFL. All i do is work, eat, train, sleep, work, eat, train... and so became worried about the knee because I've read a lot about FFL. I'd rather spend 300 € on a gun and blow my brain out then on a train ticket just to find out that I can't join because of a stupid sound making knee.
That's is my problem, sir.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
It cliks every time, if I move upstairs or climb higher ledges. One click after another, it's only my left knee. (...)
Did you ask your doctor if anything can be done about it? Maybe a cortisone injection?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Mihc117 I don't think Rapace meant about that problems.

Idea of blowing brains out Is not good, especially for someone who want to be legionar.

Status
Not open for further replies.