a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello & Family Blog Information

FFLVIE

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi Everyone,
I've been on cervens.net for many years but have always just read through other threads. I'm the wife of a Sergeant in the French Foreign Legion and I also run my own blog to support spouses and wives.
Feel free to send me a message or take a look at my site!

Bonne courage à vous tous!

Meghan
https://FFLVIE.BLOGSPOT.COM

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Welcome! I read your old blog and it was great stuff. You didn't update for a long time so I wasn't sure your husband was still in the Legion. Good to see you are both well. :)

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Good to have little feminine energy on forum. Moms, girlfriends, effeminate boyfriends ;) (least one is joke)

I really feel little bit better when someone from opposite gender post on this forum. Men need women, and not only in way you guys thinking right now. ;) There is need in any human collective for both poles. And in FFL that's less feasible.

Anyway FFLVIE, how long do you have that web site?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello, I suppose it can't be easy for the wife of a legionnaire, or any military for that matter. Which regiment is your husband in?

FFLVIE

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Thank you everyone! Yes, three dogs, a baby, and a military transfer later and I'm back up and at it! Thanks for sharing, it always reassures me to know people have appreciated our story. He started 2REP and now 3REI. The heat isn't as bad as they say ;)
I had my first blog at wordpress since 2011 I think, but I switched to blogspot in 2014 and I've tried to keep it going.

FFLVIE

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I've started a Whatsapp group with weekly or bi-weekly live chat sessions for those with questions or to share advice. Men, women, families welcome. Just send me an email at fflvie@gmail.com or visit my site fflvie.blogspot.com and I'll add you to the group :). Bonne journée!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hats off to you FELVI. It seems he's serving in two very good regiments. Also the collective of the legion wives, helping each outher sounds great. Well done.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Welcome back Meghan. I also remember your blog.

Salutations to both you and your husband.

I am sure the Aspirants will take due note of your posts as will the 'oldies' !

FFLVIE

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hm I don't remember that at all. I was looking through old posts trying to see where I wrote that. No, he hadn't considered leaving the Legion if GCP didn't pan out. There are always lots of other career options.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Hm I don't remember that at all. I was looking through old posts trying to see where I wrote that. No, he hadn't considered leaving the Legion if GCP didn't pan out. There are always lots of other career options.

I'll go reread. But I think you had said he was unsure about signing on for more time unless he was getting another shot at the GCP. Anyway I'll go back and have a look. :) So he obviously seems to be enjoying his time. You guys have both had quite the journey.