a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French Peace Keepers Injured in Mali

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Last night there was a report French Peace Keepers were injured in a mortar attack in Mali, Timbuktu. I can only imagine the injured were legionnaires?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
(...) I can only imagine the injured were legionnaires?
Doesn't have to be legionnaires. There is a significant number of French regular army troops in Mali.

a1b2c3

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Nations
Technically not French "peacekeepers", they were Barkhane not MINUSMA. Slightly different job description...

From one of the RIMa's, via OSINT.

4x mortar impacts.

5x WIA...1x Alpha, 4x Bravo.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I only assumed they were legionnaires, the report did not specify, “French Soldiersâ€￾ part of a Peacekeeping force. I assumed legionnaires because of people like Loustic who have served there.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I only assumed they were Legionnaires, the report did not specify, "French Soldiers" part of a Peacekeeping force. I assumed Legionnaires because of people like Loustic whom have served there.

The Legion was not alone when I was in Mali. After us (2 REP) other regiments came. Legion and non Legion

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Joe, on which picture we can see Night Jumper? :)

Dusa, he was otherwise engaged. Whilst the rest of them are laying around getting their photos taken the Night Jumper was occupied elsewhere in hush hush business. Certainly not one to get his photo taken as a legionnaire. The Night Jumper, beware he may be lurking out there as a guest.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Joe, on which picture we can see Night Jumper? :)
Oh my God... Come on Dusaboss, move on, instead of reopening again and again this can of worms at every possible opportunity. Haven't I said it already several times? Next time similar post will be simply deleted.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Oh my God... Come on Dusaboss, move on, instead of reopening again and again this can of worms at every possible opportunity. Haven't I said it already several times? Next time similar post will be simply deleted.

Yea, sorry Rapace, I am just as much to blame. Mea culpa.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Why!? We did not mention him for whole 2 months. Not like we talk about him regularly. It's not my fault. Any time I hear about Mali engagement it rings a bell in my head about legend of one whose name is forbidden :). I will do my best to stay off that subject.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
For those who read my last post, which I have deleted, after some searching I found it to be false news. It's from a satiric site mocking Africans. My apologies.