a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flying out today

Gallowglass

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
I’ve got to go. Here’s the arch.
So not to poke the bear, (or the Papillon) but it's been over three months since Galgano supposedly walked through the gates at Fort de Nogent. Am I right in thinking we haven't heard from him since? If not, then he was either a complete bullsh$tter, got kicked out and is too embarrassed to show his face on the forum again or he's in the system and about two months into Instruction. I'm with Kronenberg in that I think he actually did join, but as to whether he made it or not, who knows? Would be great to hear from him again, telling us about his Kepi march, (from a French IP address 😂)

Over to you Papillon ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
So not to poke the bear, (or the Papillon) but it's been over three months since Galgano supposedly walked through the gates at Fort de Nogent. Am I right in thinking we haven't heard from him since? If not, then he was either a complete bullshitter, got kicked out and is too embarrassed to show his face on the forum again or he's in the system and about two months into Instruction. I'm with Kronenberg in that I think he actually did join, but as to whether he made it or not, who knows? Would be great to hear from him again, telling us about his Kepi march, (from a French IP address 😂)

Over to you Papillon ;)
Don’t think he could help himself and not come back!

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
So not to poke the bear, (or the Papillon) but it's been over three months since Galgano supposedly walked through the gates at Fort de Nogent. Am I right in thinking we haven't heard from him since? If not, then he was either a complete bullshitter, got kicked out and is too embarrassed to show his face on the forum again or he's in the system and about two months into Instruction. I'm with Kronenberg in that I think he actually did join, but as to whether he made it or not, who knows? Would be great to hear from him again, telling us about his Kepi march, (from a French IP address 😂)

Over to you Papillon ;)

Over 3 months? Didn’t he go end of september?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I did join, but went civil before meeting with the Gestapo. Unfortunately I have unfinished business in Europe. They tried 3 times to stop me from going civil, but finally gave me an ultimatum. Regardless I wrote to the general, a true badass ( St. Cyr 2Rep 3Rei ) because as far as I am concerned if I ever hear my legion name, it’s stand up straight, slap my thighs, and present corporal chef. Coincidentally I went civil on the feast of the rosary. I say coincidentally because I lost all track of date in Paradise. I had actually tried to go civil the day before but was sent back to paradise. You’d have to be a moron to not know where I am right now or where I’m going. Unfortunately I could not commit to the 5 years. My situation does not afford me the luxury of time.

Attachments

• F893F486-464B-4128-9629-DD1F51621D17.jpeg
    F893F486-464B-4128-9629-DD1F51621D17.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 17AB8E2D-7230-417D-A082-90CCDF21D3DD.jpeg
    17AB8E2D-7230-417D-A082-90CCDF21D3DD.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 18

Gallowglass

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Over 3 months? Didn’t he go end of september?
Yes, you're right. I was looking at his "joining the forum" date instead of the post's date. His post with the photo of Fort de Nogent is dated 20th September so a month ago. So he's about due to either resurface here or head to Castel.

Gallowglass

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
I did join, but went civil before meeting with the Gestapo. Unfortunately I have unfinished business in Europe. They tried 3 times to stop me from going civil, but finally gave me an ultimatum. Regardless I wrote to the general, a true badass ( St. Cyr 2Rep 3Rei ) because as far as I am concerned if I ever hear my legion name, it’s stand up straight, slap my thighs, and present corporal chef. Coincidentally I went civil on the feast of the rosary. I say coincidentally because I lost all track of date in Paradise. I had actually tried to go civil the day before but was sent back to paradise. You’d have to be a moron to not know where I am right now or where I’m going. Unfortunately I could not commit to the 5 years. My situation does not afford me the luxury of time.
Unbelievable! I just don't get it :unsure:

Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
So not to poke the bear, (or the Papillon) but it's been over three months since Galgano supposedly walked through the gates at Fort de Nogent. Am I right in thinking we haven't heard from him since? If not, then he was either a complete bullsh$tter, got kicked out and is too embarrassed to show his face on the forum again or he's in the system and about two months into Instruction. I'm with Kronenberg in that I think he actually did join, but as to whether he made it or not, who knows? Would be great to hear from him again, telling us about his Kepi march, (from a French IP address 😂)

Over to you Papillon ;)
why not STFU you moron. who gives a shit what you or anyone else here thinks.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Back to my stated mantra.

" To join the Foreign Legion, you need the Want Factor " backed by sound reasoning.

As a wiry little squirt, I wanted to become a commando or para. After over two years in the RM ranks I was offered a commission in the paras after having passed selection. However I obtained 4th and last vacancy for the RM. I suspect the para offer swung in my favour. Une guerre des boutons. Other RM officer cadets went to the Army but not Paras.

After commando service, I considered the FFL, since I was footloose and fancy free. However I was given the choice of a commission with the Australian Army or the Colonial Police. I chose the latter.

My interest in the FFL stemmed from my various commando friends who during Operation Musketeer stated that the Foreign Legion were the most battle hardened troops in the world. Some even rode on Legion tanks and Nick Vaux a later Major General RM was attached.

Later I volunteered again as a local Captain Mainwaring.

RMV202910- Mne- 20/06/1956.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Rest assured that is crystal clear to everybody who is the moron in this story mate.
Perhaps your right. I did not mean to be insulting. I’m in Italy and I am headed to Rome. To those who want to join the legion my advice is to do it now.

Reaction score
Home Country
India
Perhaps your right. I did not mean to be insulting. I’m in Italy and I am headed to Rome. To those who want to join the legion my advice is to do it now.
Could you please elaborate on the "do it now" part?