a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any restrictions for Russians in the Legion?

Yulia

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question to you who knows about it. Are there any restrictions or special rules for Russian men joining the Legion, or are they the same? I mean possible restrictions at joining and then service there, or signing contracts? I was told about it by the man- a guide who often goes to France, but he is not from the Legion. I don't know where he knew that from, but maybe that is true? If you know, please, can you answer?
Thank you, Yulia

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
There are no special rules for any Nationality, but being accepted or not, could depend on whether the people in power to make the decicions like the guy or not.

yfwu

Reaction score
Home Country
Just one thing, prepare your "act de naissance" (I don't know the words in English) in your home. After one year service, you can use this to demand RSM.

californiajai

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
There are no special rules fo any nationality, however the Legion is trying to limit the amount of Eastern Block nationals that join, meaning if you happen to join at the same time as say the usual 40 Russians, your chances are slim to NONE!!!

mle 187-828

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
The Legion's policy is to keep a balanced situation as far as the 'ethnic' origin of the recruits is concerned. Since in the last 10-15 years there were many volunteers from Russia or other Eastern Europe countries, they try now to limit the flow. That doesn't mean that a Russian will be for sure rejected, it's only that he'll have a disadvantage over other volunteers.

Zigliara

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Costa Rica
....speaking a litte French might give you an advantage in the selection process...

Arnaude Renoir

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sdrasti Tavarish!

All i can tell you is that the French Foreign Legion looks sometimes down upon Russian EVs and some of them are not even welcome to stay in the REP, one thing it is because of their lack of military conduct in the field. But I'm not saying that all Russians are bad, it's just that some join from Russia for the wrong reasons, majority from Russia do it for simply ONE THING ONLY! MONEY! And they don't join the regular Russian Federation army because they dont get paid a dime or their duties. Some of them think it is joke and don't take it serously and the CCH's know this and the next time they see a Russian EV they turn them away without reason just because the past majority didn't behave. All I'm saying is work your ass off and prepare for the best and worse.

Spasiba dla tvayo vrema,
MAA