a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube fraud named Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Thanks DCLXVI for pointing this out. For further information, people can refer to the thread mentioned by Tammerfors on the same subject.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
So, I wanted to bring it to the attention of everyone here. There is a Nepalese dude called Ryan who has a channel on YOUTUBE. He was in first company and went civil before he ever got the Képi or even made the remise. He has dozens of absurd videos, and makes these really whacko videos of his "Jungle training" while wearing the tenue de sport (PT outfit) and crawling around the ground with an airsoft pistol.

Please, all these videos are complete shit and entirely full of misinformation.

I could point out everything wrong, but it would take to long. He never earned his képi, he never made it through Castel and went civil. He has dozens of his, what he calls, GOLD info. It's all a load of shit guys. He has 2,942 Subscribers on his channel. How many of you have subscribed? He never finished anything and has defrauded people by selling tips and shit, so people, don't be fooled. That is all.

https://youtu.be/JUkFgr4hizk

This is the funnier of all the ridiculous videos this clown makes. He is wearing the tenue de sport top and his moron friend is wearing the bottoms, so funny.

Ye he is goofy guy :) while thinking about himself that he is really smart.

So he didn't even finish basics? He saying everyone that he finished basics and then didn't renew contract before going to regament. We talked here about him and usually not good things.

Yep, that jungle surviving video is ... interesting. What he do with the poor chicken, man :). If you're hungry and you have one chicken you don't want to skin it and lose many calories. I think that is his first time of preparing chicken which is not filleted and from super market. poor bird.

And yes I subscribed on his channel. Doesn't mean that I support him or that I'm agreeing with him. Simply there's no many youtube channels about FFL in english.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Perhaps I'm in the wrong business, not even got his kepi and selling tips on how to be a legionnaire?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Not sure why he is teaching jungle survival when he didn't make it any further than Castel. However, as we're on a rambling session, here's some tips about jungle survival.

Killing chickens in the jungle to survive. Are you kidding, do you think that in the jungle you are just going to come across a chicken in the jungle? seriously, if the said chicken has escaped all the cats and snakes and caimans do you really think she is going to stroll into your trap?

But it's the weekend so we can pretend that you're smarter than the chicken. Next thing is to kill it. No point in trying to saw through its neck with your rusty legion issue tattoo or your blunt foyer bought opinel. No wring the little f*ckers neck. How to do this : put the chicken under the crotch of your arm and hold it fast with your elbow, be careful of it's feet! Place the hand that is hold the chicken around it's neck. place the opposite hand above so that your two thumbs are touching. Wring her neck (the chicken's) hard and pull until it separates from the body. This is important, because if you are not used to it, the chicken, rightfully gets annoyed and will struggle like hell to get away.

Once you have pulled its head off, if you are not used to doing it, place it on the ground and step back. We've all heard the expression of 'running around like a headless chicken' or 'running around like a fut fut in Castel', (actually I just made the latter one up today).

So we've got a dead chicken the next thing is to empty its insides. Heart and liver are usually all that 1st world people will eat. Here in Asia, practically everything including its feet is eaten. Worth remembering because if it should come down to a survival situation, remember that on other animals such as wild pig, you can eat practically everything.

If you were born on a farm you will know how to pluck a chicken, If not, it's best to skin it. True, it loses taste but believe me it's a lot less hassle. Which is why you should always have a razor blade in you survival kit, or even better a scalpel blade.

Make a fire and put on the skin to cook to let all the animals know that "legionnaire Sander's Kentucky fried chicken is open". Next put the head of the chicken on a stick and singe it. The head and the entrails will be used to bait other animals - away from your base camp. In your survival tin you should have snares, -as well as 100 US dollars, a preservative, magnesium fire lighter, water purifying tables, malaria tablets, disinfectant tables (I'll explain that later) wire saw, suture material...

The fire:
Dig a hole and line it with rocks, use your bowie knife to cut the driest dead branches down the middle and then down the middle again. Keep doing this until you get to the dry inner core of the branch. Remember the jungle, especially the rain forests stay wet on the ground. Instead of making the boyscout type of fire in a tepee shape, place four of the outer pieces of the branch (the wettest part) in a square, two on the bottom and two on top to form the sides. Next place a piece of candle in the middle. If you are in the jungle you will have candles, or a can of kiwi boot polish or anything else that burns slowly for a long time. Then fill in the square with a layer of dry wood. Light the candle. Then criss cross this with another layer and so on. Once the fire is going allow it to burn down to charcoal/coals. next place a layer of rocks over the charcoal.

If there isn't many rocks around, any really wet branches will do the trick. 'IF' you brought some folded up tin foil with you place the cut up pieces of chicken inside and add the salt 'If' you brought any, remembering that you will be sweating and need to replace the salt you're losing. Place large green leaves over the chicken and cover with dirt. This stops the smell from telling the animals where your dinner is and allows you to go off to lay your snares. A bit like going off to the pub on a Sunday and coming home to your Sunday lunch and you wife nagging because you’re late.

The next meal:
Take the skin that was on fire and rub it on your hands. This is to get rid of the smell of dettol soap or your Clive Christian No 1 aftershave from giving you away. Go up wind and set your snares.

Survival tin:
basically it’s up to you and easy to make. An old fashioned tobacco tin was the favorite on the All Arms Commando Course. The tin could be used as a cup or to scoop water into a recipient. Wrapped in black masking tape to waterproof it and to come in handy later on.
A preservative. Water is your main need. Placing a preservative in a sock will enable you to carry water.
Tin foil, folds up easily and can be used for signaling.
USDollars. In a strange place you may have difficulty in explaining that you are in a survival situation, let Benjamin Franklin do the talking for you.
Cotton, fill in the space you have left with cotton, it catches alight very easily. Place on some crumpled up paper, scrape the magnesium from you magnesium lighter strike the flight on the other side.
Wire saw, a must for making a shelter.
Potassium permanganate tablets. (permi tabs) 1 tablet = 4 liters of désinfectant.
Button compass, Mini-mag light, fish hooks and line, dextrose tablets (energy), salt, water purifying tablets, razor blade, malaria tablets, suture material… and the liste goes on.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Why to skin a chicken? If you have enough water (undrinkable is fine too) and time scalding is good idea.

Killing chickens in the jungle to survive. Are you kidding, do you think that in the jungle you are just going to come across a chicken in the jungle? seriously, if the said chicken has escaped all the cats and snakes and caimans do you really think she is going to stroll into your trap?.

If you came across that kind of angry, badass chicken you better run. It's more likely that you gonna get eaten by it. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Dussa, you have more chance of coming across a "bad ass chicken" in the jungle than a cooking pot. But the same method applies for rodents: rabbits, hares, (although the killing is different ) hence the French expression 'un coup de lapin' i.e. breaking the back of it's neck. Skinning is slightly different too
"But more of that in a later lesson" as one of my army instructors used to say, where it got to the point that we never thought we would finish our basic training because there were to be so many "later lessons".

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I know how to kill and skin rabbit. I guess many guys do. But I would like to hear armies method.

If you are in survival situation hardest thing would be to catch damn thing. All looks so easy when you watch Bear Grylls."It the eyes first, they are full of proteins, vultures always first eat eyes (he found perfectly good dead deer and he ate F-ing eyes. :))...
and don't forget to drink your pee,
" Thats his holy grail of survive. :)

Any way, looks like guy have high respect for FFL. Or just use popularity of legion to increase his own popularity.

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England
I know how to kill and skin rabbit. I guess many guys do. But I would like to hear armies method.

If you are in survival situation hardest thing would be to catch damn thing. All looks so easy when you watch Bear Grylls."It the eyes first, they are full of proteins, vultures always first eat eyes (he found perfectly good dead deer and he ate F-ing eyes. :))...
and don't forget to drink your pee,
" Thats his holy grail of survive. :)

Any way, looks like guy have high respect for FFL. Or just use popularity of legion to increase his own popularity.

You should only drink urine if you drink a lot of water as a healthy persons urine contains 95% sterile water but 5% nitrogen, potassium, and calcium (and too much of them can cause problems).
Though I'd much rather eat plants to get my water than drink my own piss.
Call me squeamish but the idea of drinking urine is somewhat off-putting to me.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You should only drink urine if you drink a lot of water as a healthy persons urine contains 95% sterile water but 5% nitrogen, potassium, and calcium (and too much of them can cause problems).
Though I'd much rather eat plants to get my water than drink my own piss.
Call me squeamish but the idea of drinking urine is somewhat off-putting to me.

Piss really can help, but there is limited time how much you can drink your urine. Once it became to concentrate drinking will make you more harm than good.

Reason why I mentioned that is because looks like Bear Grylls really enjoy to drink urine and other disgusting stuff. I understand if he did that once for a show, but man, he do that pretty often.

I imagine him doing some survival shit next to some crystal clear mountain river and saying to itself. "No Bear, you will not drink that water, that's for pussies. Real men drink urine!" :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I don't know about Bear Grylls but I can tell you now, never drink your own urine, never. Do not forget that you are illuminating all the used fluid waste in your body. Hello kidneys! which has already filtered it. It's like sea water, it gives the impression that it has quenched your thirst for only a couple of minutes, most. The same as snow (thirst wise) because of all the air trapped inside, it will make you feel even more thirsty. Snow should be melted before drinking.

Urine can be used on sores as long as it is still warm. If there is nothing else available.

Anyone who does not believe me, ask Ryan.

IrishHermit

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I don't know about Bear Grylls but I can tell you now, never drink your own urine, never. Do not forget that you are illuminating all the used fluid waste in your body. Hello kidneys! which has already filtered it. It's like sea water, it gives the impression that it has quenched your thirst for only a couple of minutes, most. The same as snow (thirst wise) because of all the air trapped inside, it will make you feel even more thirsty. Snow should be melted before drinking.

Urine can be used on sores as long as it is still warm. If there is nothing else available.

You can make a solar still to purify urine.
Solar still.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Joe, after 10 Chang's your urine would be perfectly fine for drinking. Problem is where to find beer in survival situation. :)

I will ask Ryan now what he thinks on this subject. :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
2 empty plastique water bottles (piss in 1 and join the 2 together with tape...incline slightly and let the sun do the rest...will condensate the piss and run off into the empty bottle

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I wanted to stay on topic, about ryan the fraud. He never earned his Kepi and he was in the first compagnie. He has not one picture of him at his Kepi remise, because it doesn't exist. Sure, he has pics of him and even wears the kepi because he probably bought it. He wears the chin strap too like a ******* moron. All of us know, if you wear the strap it is for parade and parade only.

I will explain how he has these pictures, but none documenting the kepi remise. What happens is, each section has a photographer come at different phase of Castel. He comes for the Farm, raid march and the kepi remise.

Now the reason he has ONLY farm pics is because the photographer was taking pics of the section within the first few weeks of the farm. He went civil at this point. Because the kepi remise is AFTER the farm.

He most likely asked a friend he stayed in contact with and had him send the pics. How to get the pics?.

You can but them at the END of instruction, not before or during.

This is how he received the pics. There is not one pic of him with the Kepi or even at the remise let along in a real regiment.

So, just be aware. He is a fraud and has no advice to offer.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ryan's newest fraud video, who ever listen to this guy is a f** retard. This is all absolute garbage:

[video=youtube_share;iPhpA_DvSCE]https://youtu.be/iPhpA_DvSCE[/video]

No man in the Legion will ever wear his képi en civil (in civilan clothes). No one wears a TDF. This Ryan is a fraud!!

Hawkeye47

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I actually believed this guy, at first.
Good thing I never bought those "gold PDFs"

F

Frank81

Unregistered
Can't stand those who seek for glory or simply money with videos like that showing very little respect for the Institution (or any other branch). Usually in life the more a person talks the less he knows : )))).

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I already made a thread on this guy. He is an entire fraud and went civil from 1st Company, Never got the Képi. I've put him on blast, he won't answer me. Scum bag. Anyway, go watch all his videos if you, jokes on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.