a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube fraud named Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Greetings Gents,
Came across this chap on YouTube, he claims to be an ex-legionnaire not sure if he's a Walt that bought gear on eBay. However he sells PDF's on how to get into the Legion and so forth. Personally I believe that buying anything to ensure you get into the Legion is a load of hog wash, it's your character and determination that counts. However some of his videos elaborate certain things to an extent and might be a interesting thing to see for the blues.

His channel link is below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtih0lhfFp68VNvToZFrmKg

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
Yeah he's even SELLING a youtube video (something I didn't even know was possible).
He said in a video that he went civil after basic.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'm following that Ryan-chap basically from his first video. I have already mentioned him here (in a negative connotation) because he really like to shit on FFL. Many times about things he know little or nothing about. He is "legit legionnaire". I mean he passed selection, finished his basic training and decided that FFL is not for him.

What I concluded well watching his videos is that he was one of the worst (if not d worst) candidates in his group. He often try to put blame of his failure to adapt and endure legion challenges on many different factors. From racist caporals to he's injured knee, etc.

To be honest I think he is one spelled little cry baby which somehow strayed in FFL.

I don't respect him because of that, but I think his videos are worth of watching. He gives some interesting insides and informations. Just don't take him to seriously, especially when he start to trow crap on legion.

As for his "Gold PDFs" (as he call it) I don't know how big difference that can make. I also heard that some guys didn't get it after paying him cash. ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm following that Ryan-chap basically from his first video. I have already mentioned him here (in a negative connotation) because he really like to shit on FFL. Many times about things he know little or nothing about. He is "legit legionnaire". I mean he passed selection, finished his basic training and decided that FFL is not for him.

What I concluded well watching his videos is that he was one of the worst (if not d worst) candidates in his group. He often try to put blame of his failure to adapt and endure legion challenges on many different factors. From racist caporals to he's injured knee, etc.

To be honest I think he is one spelled little cry baby which somehow strayed in FFL.

I don't respect him because of that, but I think his videos are worth of watching. He gives some interesting insides and informations. Just don't take him to seriously, especially when he start to trow crap on legion.

As for his "Gold PDFs" (as he call it) I don't know how big difference that can make. I also heard that some guys didn't get it after paying him cash. ;)

If you've got money to spend for information on the legion then make a donation to the cerven's forum. I'm sure that you will get a lot more information on here than from someone who could not even get past basic training. And it won't cost you anything. Basic training is just that. Forging raw steel into a knife blade during basic..."And that knife has to be beat and hammered into shape."

Our man Ryan may be selling tips on how to get into the legion, but he can't sell anything that will make you stay the full five. He only lasted as long as basic. Once you have done that there's a lot of other courses to do and various career directions to follow.

I could sell you tips on being a para, perhaps even give you a written test at the end of it. For those getting more than 50% correct (and for a lttle extra, tell you where you can get a para brevet) Not French, I'm not going to stoop that low.
first lesson: how to wait in a line to get your training 'chute.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa

I figured this chap might be a bit on the dodgy side but at least he had the balls to go an try and pass selection which is a lot more than most blues or wafflers,as Chas likes to call us ;), can say.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
If you've got money to spend for information on the legion then make a donation to the cerven's forum. I'm sure that you will get a lot more information on here than from someone who could not even get past basic training. And it won't cost you anything. Basic training is just that. Forging raw steel into a knife blade during basic..."And that knife has to be beat and hammered into shape."

Our man Ryan may be selling tips on how to get into the legion, but he can't sell anything that will make you stay the full five. He only lasted as long as basic. Once you have done that there's a lot of other courses to do and various career directions to follow.

I could sell you tips on being a para, perhaps even give you a written test at the end of it. For those getting more than 50% correct (and for a lttle extra, tell you where you can get a para brevet) Not French, I'm not going to stoop that low.

No PDF can teach you a mindset, way of thinking or pure grit and determination. One things for sure Cervens is an incredible resource, thanks to all the greens and anciens for making it possible, for most of you, you had no idea what was in store for you and thanks to your insights it gives us wafflers some info on what lies in store or if we are truly Legion material.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I figured this chap might be a bit on the dodgy side but at least he had the balls to go an try and pass selection which is a lot more than most blues or wafflers,as Chas likes to call us ;), can say.

I don't know if he even tried ! What he tells and shows looks like BS to me !

176607Mick

Unregistered
It's funny. Some berk trying to make money out of something you can get for free on here? I will ask my mate who works at BALE

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

SnafuSmite, i'm not chewing you up in particluar here. It's just that a lot of people are hailing those who pass selection and then finish basic before asking to go back to being a couch potatoe, as being the man. No! He would have given his word that he will do 5 years. At this moment in time no-one is talking about 15 years- FIVE years, The selection and basic training are part of your contract. YOU break your contract by asking to leave. You willl give the story about the gradmother needing to be taken care of. The family buisness can't cope with out you, Your younger brother needs you to to wipe his a** every time he has a sh*t

But in the end we all know what it is, you just weren't man enough to hack it. You tried to play in the big boys court yard and did not make the grade.

This wasn't directed at you SnafuSmite,

176607Mick

Unregistered
If anyone is in the UK Forces TV is now showing The Legion a 3 part documentary. Enjoy

176607Mick

Unregistered
913926627ce5246a39dd08e276d659ce.jpg
Camerone 2013 The Magnificent Seven.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Hmm! Do that and you will be persona none grata!

176607Mick

Unregistered
It is indeed. This was the 150th anniversary. I joined up with the guy far right and in 2013 he was still in!!

176607Mick

Unregistered
Mine, I'm in the middle wearing the girly pink shirt we went to Duncan's bar after..:)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Joe Cos, yes it is Pinky...and a few other Anciens from 2REP (3 and 4Cie). Who's photo is it?

Plonker seems to have put on a couple of kilos, then haven't we all. But when you remember that this guy was a crossman hors norme, it wouldn't surprise me if he left a lot of todays legionnaires far behind him.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
SnafuSmite, i'm not chewing you up in particluar here. It's just that a lot of people are hailing those who pass selection and then finish basic before asking to go back to being a couch potatoe, as being the man. No! He would have given his word that he will do 5 years. At this moment in time no-one is talking about 15 years- FIVE years, The selection and basic training are part of your contract. YOU break your contract by asking to leave. You willl give the story about the gradmother needing to be taken care of. The family buisness can't cope with out you, Your younger brother needs you to to wipe his a** every time he has a sh*t

But in the end we all know what it is, you just weren't man enough to hack it. You tried to play in the big boys court yard and did not make the grade.

This wasn't directed at you SnafuSmite,

No offence taken, all I was trying to get at is that at least he went and tried, which is a lot more than most of us blues can say. Going civil is very disappointing because he also probably took the place of someone that would've probably stayed the full 5.

O

Ossie O

Unregistered
Castel's function is to make and break. When you return to Aubagne after 4 months, have a look at all the missing faces! What a man makes of his time in the Legion is entirely up to the individual. If you go to a Regiment and haven't been deployed in your first 2 years of service, then change Regiments (mine was with 6 months service). From my instruction only four of us went to Calvi, two of those were former red beret Paras from the regular French army, Kiwi Trem and me. We all had plenty of previous military experience. My only small regret was that 2REP stopped the 4-5 month company tours of French Guyana during my stint. Strangely, I never saw any of the others I did instruction with that went to other regiments, even during my last week at Aubagne (fin de contrat)

Status
Not open for further replies.