a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2018

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Sitting at my Doctors waiting & there is a girl who works there 26 (she told me) ..i'm sure she likes Military guys, her boyfriend is in the Bundeswehr. I'm sure she wants it...her glasses make her nerdy but sexy. Maybe I need shock therapy...:D:D

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I remember when we were in RCA (Central Africa), we were all in the foyer (I think we'd won the intervention :unsure:) waiting to go back to Calvi. There was a rugby 7s match between a NZ team and a French team. All the legionnaires were cheering for the NZ. Probably just to p*ss off the shlabhors (nickname for the French regulars) :ROFLMAO:
Yeh rugby is a man's game. My older brother played in the Army & was by all accounts not bad. I took up Judo. Football is or has got too poofy for me.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
so i will support England Tonight even though i am a scotsman. Got my fridge bombed up with Corona & Sol beer…. let the fun begin…...
Hoyayh Serbia... Oops... Croatia! Hard to keep up with those piscoes changing the name at the drap of a hat.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Yeh rugby is a man's game. My older brother played in the Army & was by all accounts not bad. I took up Judo. Football is or has got too poofy for me.
“Rugby is a thug's game played by gentlemen and football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.”

The issue with football is now that everyone is looking for a free kick and most important screen time for their careers... Neymar being the worst offender...

It's a shame that England lost, because a France vs England would have been a true classic.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
" Rugby is a thug's game played by gentlemen and football is a gentleman's game played by thugs"

The issue with football is now that everyone is looking for a free kick and most important screen time for their careers
Neymar being the worst offender....

It's a shame that England lost, because a France vs England would have been a true classic..
Judo... My boyhood hero was Neil Adams.

Neil Adams... Great Ground work.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hoyayh Serbia... Oops... Croatia! Hard to keep up with those piscoes changing the name at the drap of a hat.
Some Croats don't get that joke (Serbs too, if it's the other way around). They even get that as offense. It's a curse word to call someone Croat in Serbia. :)
Sport commentators doing that trick pretty often, sometimes intentionally, sometimes by mistake. I still think that Croats and Serbs or the same nation divided by religion and politics.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Some Croats don't get that joke (Serbs too, if it's the other way around). They even get that as offense. It's a curse word to call someone Croat in Serbia. :)
Sport commentators doing that trick pretty often, sometimes intentionally, sometimes by mistake. I still think that Croats and Serbs or the same nation divided by religion and politics.
Oh well, since I’m of a good friend of Queen Alexandria, I might cons

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well done Croatia. They dominated the second half and showed great determination. That said, our inexperienced and young team produced a brave effort. I am supporting Croatia in the final... just to annoy my d-in-law. :mad:

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
– “Hey mate, you should wait before making this new tatoo”
– "Naah, that's fine”...

worldcuptattoo2706a.jpg

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The Senegalese peddlers (selling sun glasses, lighters, necklaces reggae style etc., all made in China) have a hoard of stock : France t-shirts with the 2nd star.
Dodji Hrvatska republika : the world is waiting on you...

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The Senegalese peddlers (selling sun glasses, lighters, necklaces reggae style etc., all made in China) have a hoard of stock : France t-shirts with the 2nd star.
Dodji Hrvatska republika : the world is waiting on you...
I will now call you the Riddler... lol

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I don't know much about football. Someone have to go home, I would have been satisfied if Serbia had passed group phase, but... How do you call Croats in final..? Ostashe (“they stayed” in Serbo-Croatian) sounding same as Ustasha except first letter. :)
Hmmm trying to translate language related joke. :)