Will this get me to the Legion without eye surgery?

Ratings
74 1
Home Country
Egypt
Hello guys, I read the requirements for the eyesight but I didn't understand a thing. My brother is a doctor but when I sent him the link to the foreign legion eyesight requirement page he didn't answer me because he is pretty pissed off at me that I want to join the legion. So, Here is my latest prescription may someone tell me if this will get me to the legion without having a Lisek? that way I wouldn't have to wait a whole year before applying. I want to get out of this shithole (Egypt) as soon as possible. If I get accepted will be allowed to, later on, say after a couple of years perform an eye correction surgery inside the legion or do I have to finish my contract first? The strange alphabet up top is Arabic in case you're wondering it says Dr ahmed el zawawy
Any help is much-appreciated guys, and thank you for taking the time to read and reply. 26857660_180837882665305_1985281195_n.jpg

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
http://foreignlegion.info/french-foreign-legion-eyesight-vision-requirements/

According to this you should pass with no problem. Legion accepts men with up to -10 or +8 diopters and you have -4.75 so you should be fine.

You could google this yourself, but I guess it's easier when someone else do that for you? :) Nevermind I'm glad to help.

So no need for surgery. Or you going now? What also do you need , visa? Do you have cash for plane ticket?

Ratings
74 1
Home Country
Egypt
Thank you very much! I actually needed a reassurance I read the y-5 part and figured I'd be like y-4 I think with my -4.75 but I wasn't sure I got it right so needed to double check.
No sir, not going now I can't. I need to clear my legal situation with the military conscription here first so that I can be allowed to leave the country legally and obtain a visa that will be in next september after my final semester in college.
Just one final question. Do I have hope to join 2rep if I perform a PRK? I know I need a Y-3 which is minus 3. Can I perform the surgery during the time of my contract or that is not possible?If I perform it I'll have to wait a full extra year though. But would I be able to join 2rep if i perform the eye surgery? I understand from google that in other armies you can join elite units provided you go for the PRK not Lasik

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Ratings
88 2
Home Country
Canada
Hello guys, I read the requirements for the eyesight but I didn't understand a thing. My brother is a doctor but when I sent him the link to the foreign legion eyesight requirement page he didn't answer me because he is pretty pissed off at me that I want to join the legion. So, Here is my latest prescription may someone tell me if this will get me to the legion without having a Lisek? that way I wouldn't have to wait a whole year before applying. I want to get out of this shithole (Egypt) as soon as possible. If I get accepted will be allowed to, later on, say after a couple of years perform an eye correction surgery inside the legion or do I have to finish my contract first? The strange alphabet up top is Arabic in case you're wondering it says Dr ahmed el zawawy
Any help is much-appreciated guys, and thank you for taking the time to read and reply. View attachment 3316
This info was included in attachment of e-mail sent by recruiting office of FFL. I
dont`t understand what those other numbers mean but there is mentioned
correction in dioptres of -10, sounds bit heavy to me.

2 – Medical aptitude:

Minimum visual acuity:

* uncorrected: minimum 0,5 for each eye

* corrected: or [7/10 and 2/10], or [6/10 and 3/10] or [5/10 and 4/10] (total: 9/10
with the two eyes)

Correction in dioptres:

* near-sighted: -10

* far-sighted: +8

Ratings
28 1 1
Home Country
Finland
Near sight -10 is literally half-blind. Literally. You cant see clearly in 1 meter. Put your arm straight and cant see the fingers, its alla blurry. I had those numbers as kid, it was messed up. Of course i was bullied by it especially at school. Laser eye surgery was a god given miracle to me, got rid of the glasses and have a eyesight like a mofokin owl now.
If they let -10 people in, then glasses are NOT a problem to anyone. Also no doctor asked me about the laser surgery, all they want to see is that you pass the eye sight test, its the one with the "E" letters up and down, whatyoucallit.. I bet you can handle it.(edit:you can hace the glasses on) The only time glasses might be a problem are for exapmle in the winter when your breath makes them foggy and you cant see what you shooting at

Nickfury

Top Member
Ratings
62 1
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Yeah I used to have -4 to 4.75 in my eyes and was pretty blind without glasses, I even had to fumble around in the morning to find my glasses it was that bad. Made dating easy since I could just take off my glasses and every girl looked the same. :D
I finally got lasik and it was amazing. Though slowly over time you lose perfect vision, but it is still very good.

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom