a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I like putting on Nice French songs here, but occasionally it's worth getting a taste of the other French songs:

Eat your hearts out Butthole Surfer fans.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Eat your hearts out Butthole Surfer fans.

:) I'm not really a fun. Just like that one song. But, yes they have catchy name. :) Well I'm sure no gay band wouldn't call it self that way. Gay bands have names like ... I dunno Scissor Sisters

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
She is simply hot! Princess Taarna.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
And those god damn Scots make some really good music. :) They have many very good bands disproportionately to size of country. Le petit you are Scot?

If there's something inside that you want to say
Say it out loud it'll be okay
I will be your light
I will be your light
I will be your light
I will be your light

Last edited:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Thé climate must have some responsibilty (always raining, drinking in the same pub, because its too dam cauld and pishing doon,oot side. ..most of the scots bands began their carear, playing gigs in pubs and clubs
Simple minds
Texas
Run right
Jimmy Page of led zep
Franz Ferdinand. ...plenty more

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Thé climate must have some responsibilty (always raining, drinking in the same pub, because its too dam cauld and pishing doon,oot side. ..most of the scots bands began their carear, playing gigs in pubs and clubs
Simple minds
Texas
Run right
Jimmy Page of led zep
Franz Ferdinand. ...plenty more

Swedes have cold climate too and what they beget to the world? ABBA :)

UK overall have a lot of good bands. I mean, almost all top rock bands are from there. It's hard to name 10 great banda which ain't from Britain. Language is limiting factor, but still there is whole North America, Australia and few more places in the game.

Australia have AC/DC there is some American bands and then disproportionately to number of citizens so many Brits (with Scots making good share)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Also, back in the day (post 2nd world war) Production,marketing and studios, were UK /USA and of course the language. Fashion industery, new tendances, was us and the rest of the world simply followed

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Also, back in the day (post 2nd world war) Production,marketing and studios, were UK /USA and of course the language. Fashion industery, new tendances, was us and the rest of the world simply followed
Maybe more France and Italy for high fashion, but yes styles for youth was copied from US/UK.

They say that there was a time when blue jeans (levis 501) was a big thing. If you had a pair you would certainly get more pussy. :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Have just bought myself another pair of 501s and am still waiting. ..looking cool in De Nîmes, is a way of life for this dude

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Actually I met fair number of Scots (and Scottish girls) on EXIT music festival here in Serbia. Most of the were punks (positive)

I would say that we (Scots and Serbs) have comun mentality. Much more similarity between us then between Serbs and Englishmen, especially those from south.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
A serbian group i listen to, Orthodoxe Celts
We have a word for them, who come from the south, "sassenachs"...and the futher south you go, the worst they are (and they talk in a silly way)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
A serbian group i listen to, Orthodoxe Celts
We have a word for them, who come from the south, "sassenachs"...and the futher south you go, the worst they are (and they talk in a silly way)
Yep they are good, watched them live many times. They play Irish folk - rock influenced by The Pogues.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
The name comes from group of eastern Celts who lived in this area until arrival of Slavic tribes in 6th and 7th century.

They mixed with Celtic population so we have genetic connections to. Old name of Belgrade was Singidunum which was ancient Celtic city.