a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England
Cernunnos Is my flag associate you on that song :). I'm not nostalgic towards communism. Missing only country in which I was born.

This was in comments beneath that song. I couldn't describe lyrics better my self. ;)

'Hopefully after this he stuck to singing about cowboys and drifters and stayed away from politics.'

Nah, I like Marty Robbins and I dislike Communism so I like the song.
And Yugoslavia was a Kingdom named the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes was it not?
It only became Communist after it was taken from the Axis, that were occupying it.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Nah, I like Marty Robbins and I dislike Communism so I like the song.
And Yugoslavia was a Kingdom named the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes was it not?
It only became Communist after it was taken from the Axis, that were occupying it.

Axis powers were fascists mate.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yep, you are correct Cernunnos. Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (Kraljevina Srba, Hrvata I Slovenaca) came to be after WW1 (1918) big part from ex-Austro Hungarian territories as war prize to Yugoslavians. It was actually renamed "Jugoslavja" in 1929. but it was still under king until start of WW2.

During WW2 there was 2 major resistance movements. One, made of generals and soldiers from kings army "Chetniks" and other made of communist party members and leaders. UK supported both movements until near end of war.

In reality they are fighting each other more than they was fighting Germans :). I think similar situation we had in France and their numbers resistance movements.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
[video=youtube_share;n19gx30sGIE]https://youtu.be/n19gx30sGIE[/video]

Better put your Shitting pants on and snap out of your fairy tale about god and the after life, you are all FU*CKED, Pussies!.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Better put your Shitting pants on and snap out of your fairy tale about god and the after life, you are all FU*CKED, Pussies!.

I was atheist for a good part of my life. Last couple years I started to question things on that subject. I still don't believe what organized, dogmatic religions talk, but idea of god is such complicated issue that I'm convinced many people (believers or not) don't get it right.

666 I guess your answer will probably be continuum of your "pussy rampage".

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
For the Brits and Dads Army.

Private Frazer : You are all doomed, doomed I say. And with a Jock accent.
Now Capt. Mainwaring that could be me. A short, portly gentleman and with glasses. Hopefully not pompous however.
A superb programme for the middle aged and over ! Dussaboss might be Private Pike. " Silly boy".

Addition for Dusaboss. Pike worked as a junior clerk in Mainwaring's bank. He was often abused by the term; Stupid boy. In fact like you he was not stupid just prone to come out with odd statements.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Now Capt. Mainwaring that could be me. A short, portly gentleman and with glasses. Hopefully not pompous however.
A superb programme for the middle aged and over ! Dussaboss might be Private Pike " Silly boy".

I didn't watched the show, but looks to me like some good old English humor. Something similar to 'Allo 'Allo ? But all about army.

I watched couple clips on Youtube and it looks pretty good me. I could watch that. Thanks Chas.

There is also a movie from 2016. , but without watching it I can tell is probably piece of crap (as all new comedy movies).

"Private Pike", Realy? Is that impression that I make on people? What to say ... I like to joke and sometimes like to talk silly things, but I'm not a idiot and I can be totally different person when situation requires that.

For humor you need intelligence. Are my jokes stupid to everyone here? Some of them probably are. It's not easy to tell a joke over internet, in language which is not your first and to guys from all over the globe. How many of them will get it right way?

I know many people that will label "Idiot" mark on everyone who makes any kind of jokes. But, whatever ... maybe I'm really some real life Private Pike.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusaboss- see addition. Chas.

I don't know :) I'm downloading first serial of "Dad's Army" so I will tell after watching.

Anyway, I don't mind a joke. I'm joking all the time on someone's account. It would be stupid to get mad when I'm part of joke.

Just don't like when people (not you Chas) consider me for a idiot for completely wrong reasons. And that happens a lot on this forum (in real life too :))

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
But it's a free world (they say). So everyone can say what he want (to some extent) and there is no such thing as thought crime (for now!).

Sometimes it's get eerie how close we coming to George Orwell's "1984".

OMG, that's not a joke at all! Once they start to persecute people for something they wrote on internet 15 years ago, we are doomed. And that day is closer and closer.

Now it's that kind of prosecutions only for serious death threats (I think), but they will start slowly to sue people for hate speech (Only if its not serve current political views of state), then for offending someone online, etc ... etc. and we are in "1984".

When state have right to prosecute citizens for something they wrote online, drunk in 3 AM (as me now :)) 15 years ago .... we are totally f*cked. That's "thought crime". There is no other explanation. And we heading in that direction. I really hope that day will not come but if do comes I'm afraid that majority of population will not resist at all. We will just bluntly watch as hypnotized chickens. Exactly like in 1984 movie !

F man I'm going to sleep. I think too much

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

A superb programme for the middle aged and over ! Dussaboss might be Private Pike. " Silly boy".

Addition for Dusaboss. Pike worked as a junior clerk in Mainwaring's bank. He was often abused by the term; Stupid boy. In fact like you he was not stupid just prone to come out with odd statements.

I watched one episodes. I know what you mean when you say that I might be Private Pike. Hahah. You old .... :)

I'm not like Private Pike. I gonna join FFL right now! Mom will put on me my scarf and I'm good to go! :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
[video=youtube_share;n19gx30sGIE]https://youtu.be/n19gx30sGIE[/video]

Don't follow the fallen one my child! Only way to heaven is through the Jesus Christ! Now give generous donation to your local church and Christ will forgive you your sins. ;) Also pay bus ticket to that poor boy from Serbia. Christ will shine his light upon you if you do that! (although Jesus appreciate airplanes more ;))

[video=youtube;u1xrNaTO1bI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI[/video]

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England
Don't follow the fallen one my child! Only way to heaven is through the Jesus Christ! Now give generous donation to your local church and Christ will forgive you your sins. ;) Also pay bus ticket to that poor boy from Serbia. Christ will shine his light upon you if you do that! (although Jesus appreciate airplanes more ;))

[video=youtube;u1xrNaTO1bI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI[/video]

This threads got a whole lot of heresy going on, time to set it on the straight and narrow! /s

[video=youtube;isxvXITTLLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY[/video]

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
War Pigs! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w

Black Sabbath, the psychological music of choice in the Marine Corps when in battle.

Gen'rals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction,
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning,
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh Lord yeah

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role for the poor, yeah

Time will tell on their power minds,
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess,
Wait 'till their judgment day comes, yeah

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qanF-91aJo

If this does not get your blood pumped up, the adrenalin flowing, and setting your mind for the task at hand, Killing.

Aspirants, WHAT do you think the true purpose is for La Legion, Marine Corps, Royal Marines, US Army, the French Army, Rapace, and the most advanced militaries in the world? like Mad Dog General Mattis said in a quote, (I am paraphrasing) I beg you, I implore you, I am here to talk please do what is right, but if you choose the opposite, I will kill you and destroy you in such a fashion scholars will read about this battle for 10,000 years."

North Korea is begging for this lesson and Mad Dog is about to give it to Lil Rocket Man

176607Mick

Unregistered
On audible. Graham Masterton ‘The Pariah’[emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanSorin

Reaction score
Home Country
Antarctica
[video=youtube;gy5Ve3338-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy5Ve3338-E[/video]