a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors of the French Foreign Legion

unknown

Reaction score
There was no mention of dates of production for this doco (documentary).

I was watching National Geographic on optus vision here in Oz. Basically it's pay T.V. and they aired a doco called, 'Warriors of the French Foreign Legion'. I watched and taped it.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this doco or know when it was made?

Mick

Reaction score
I saw it too....I think it was 2000 or matbe 2001!

kiwi

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I've seen it as well and have a digital copy of it (if anyone wants it). I believe it was produced by the Discovery Channel in 2002. Not the best recruiting tool, but it does give some insight.

slimness

Reaction score
Eagle eye said:
Robert Petersen, a Canadian legionnaire was most likely involved with it.
Robert's a good friend of mine who i served with. He's known as cpl Roy Porter ex 13eme/2eme rep and wasn't involved with the program.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
slimness said:
Robert's a good friend of mine who i served with. He's known as cpl Roy Porter ex 13eme/2eme rep and wasn't involved with the program.
OK. But I've been in contact with him regarding a script researcher; and he was involved in some Discovery Channel programme - again most likely - regarding the Legion. This is why I raised it here.

unknown

Reaction score
Mad shit thanks guys! I watched it a couple of times and for those who have seen it, there is a part of the doco that refers to a legionnaire called Thomas Kadish (the surname I am sure is not spelt accurately, it sounds like ka-dish). Anyways, the doco said his name was changed to Jeffery Keiths. Again there may be variations on this. Geoffery Keiths, Jeffery Keats, Geoffery Keats. It was reported by the narrator that he served 4.5 years in the U.S. Marines and 'when the proud lost it's edge' he went looking for something more adventurous. He served between 1980-1985.

Ye I think that some of the information is out-dated in terms of selection processes, although I thought that it was good how they interviewed some of the 'higher ups', giving an insight of the qualities a legionnaire should posses, all of which are stated in this forum.

arrichion

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
It was good documentary, it was made in 2002. Although some information was inoccurate- atleast it was translated that way. For an example the narrator said that you can keep your legion name and become a french citizen. We already know that is impossible. It seemed a little bit recruitment film for me. You should watch it with reservations on my opinion.

slimness

Reaction score
Eagle eye said:
OK. But I've been in contact with him regarding a script researcher; and he was involved in some Discovery Channel programme - again most likely - regarding the Legion. This is why I raised it here.

eagle if im right porter knew kadish.

jock

Reaction score
unknown said:
Mad shit thanks guys! I watched it a couple of times and for those who have seen it, there is a part of the doco that refers to a legionnaire called Thomas Kadish (the surname I am sure is not spelt accurately, it sounds like ka-dish). Anyways, the doco said his name was changed to Jeffery Keiths. Again there may be variations on this. Geoffery Keiths, Jeffery Keats, Geoffery Keats. It was reported by the narrator that he served 4.5 years in the U.S. Marines and 'when the proud lost it's edge' he went looking for something more adventurous. He served between 1980-1985.
I shit you not !!! I just posted a reply to on of Buea's mails on the the thread about Americans the one called American law or something about this guy . I couldn't remember if he was called 'kieth allen '
So where is this documentary ? ??

spooky or what :eek:

sikter

Reaction score
While we're at it, I just got a documentary US Special Forces Inside that I'd like to share (SF operations in Afganistan an Iraq). Anyone with a high band drive space where I could upload it?

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
jock said:
I shit you not !!! I just posted a reply to on of Buea's mails on the the thread about Americans the one called American law or something about this guy . I couldn't remember if he was called 'kieth allen '

spooky or what :eek:
here is the url on the Amicale on line from Keith: http://www.amicale-online.ca/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia&op=content&tid=207
Keith is one of the three Anciens who set up the Amicale On Line web site

kiwi

Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
sikter said:
While we're at it, I just got a documentary US Special Forces Inside that I'd like to share (SF operations in Afganistan an Iraq). Anyone with a high band drive space where I could upload it?
Is that the one where U.S. Special Forces go around from town to town beating up Farmers and taking them off with hoods covering their head?

sikter

Reaction score
Nope, just some history of SF and present operations in Iraq. I'ts not anti war.

unknown

Reaction score
jock said:

Ye some freaky shit has been happening to me. I was pretty sore from working out lately and went for a run last night, wanting to give up i looked up at the moon and saw some clouds that resembled FFL insignia. (7 flames-2 pointing down) and I thought...FLUCK mate its a sign mate! That kept me going. Anyways, the doco, I have on VHS, taped from the land of Oz. Ask and I can dub it for anyone willing to pay the cost of postage. I have a better idea, I think Kiwi has it on digi format, so maybe he can rip it onto a cd or something.

Chris_Lee

Reaction score
kiwi said:
I've seen it as well and have a digital copy of it (if anyone wants it). I believe it was produced by the Discovery Channel in 2002. Not the best recruiting tool, but it does give some insight.

How can I get a copy? I've been looking all over for it.

sikter

Reaction score
The easiest way would be through DC++ http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ (direct connect, it's a file share program). It's here i found few documentaries, two of them in swedish.
Just download the program and follow the procedure. After you're done with installation join two or three main hubs (with most users). Now here's the catch. You gotta share something, programs, games, films...whatever. Once you're in do a search for key words: legion, foreign, or any of the following:

Främlingslegionen - En flykt från svensk vardag VHSRip XviD ( swedish with interviews in swedish, danish and norwegan)
De.fordomdas.legion-Documentary about the French foreign legion.mpg (narration in swedish, interview in english)
Discovery.Warriors.of.the.French.Foreign.Legion-LYmdG
Des hommes sen passé Legion étrangére {le droit de savoir}
Dien Bien Phu

Double klick do download. If there is more then one file with same size in the search field, mark them then right klick--> download to..(there should be multiple choise, choose the one with the name of the file)

I belive the last two can be found on a Legion homepage (2eme REP?????)

Last edited: