a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wake up call for pretending candidates

Reaction score
Home Country
Kenya
GOING THROUGH THE ABOVE POSTS ONLY MAKES ME WONDER?,GUYS GOT A LOT OF MONEY TO THROW,CANT YOU JUST EAT ONCE A WEEK,,DRINK A LOT OF WATER AFTER,,SLEEP OUTSIDE AND BE COMFORTABLE?,SOME PEOPLE DO,,,I HAVE DONE THAT NOT EVEN ONCE OR TWICE,,,ANYWAY STILL PLANNING ON THE JOURNEY EVEN IF IT MEANS ROWING A BOAT...

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
GOING THROUGH THE ABOVE POSTS ONLY MAKES ME WONDER?,GUYS GOT A LOT OF MONEY TO THROW,CANT YOU JUST EAT ONCE A WEEK,,DRINK A LOT OF WATER AFTER,,SLEEP OUTSIDE AND BE COMFORTABLE?,SOME PEOPLE DO,,,I HAVE DONE THAT NOT EVEN ONCE OR TWICE,,,ANYWAY STILL PLANNING ON THE JOURNEY EVEN IF IT MEANS ROWING A BOAT...
I guess I could eat once a week and sleep outside, but wouldn't call that comfortable at all. ;)

I know you want to show how tough you are, but eating just once a week before selection isn't good idea especially for someone who had 3 meals a day until that moment. That would be shock for body and one would feel very weak.
Are you sure you don't meant once a day instead of week? I mean there is no need for such extreme behavior. If someone really don't have money for food I'm sure he can found some leftovers somewhere. Much better than to eat just once a week.

As for rowing a boat. Legion won't take you if you came to country illegally. I don't know what is policy towards asylum seekers, but even if FFL taking those men they probably have to have their asylum granted.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusa,

It is always refreshing to read your pearls of wisdom.:unsure:

As a point of interest only 7 out of 100 after PRMC obtain our Coveted Green Beret. The rest drop by the wayside. Our Mod Joe won his Green Beret with the Brit Army prior to joining the FFL. Hat tipped to him.(y)

Once more we are rehashing old posts. My heroes as posted above in sarcasm were Martin Scott and Loustic.:mad:

When are you going ? As you know I am 80 next b/day. So I read your posts with ever increasing wonder.

Chas. To quote Sinatra; "I did it my way".

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Eat when you can
Shit when you can
Drink when you can
Pish when you can
Work if you want ,(or have to)
Sleep when you can
Fight if you have to
Win if you can
Survive if you want to
Post if you must
Shut the fucque up if you can

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Eat when you can
Shit when you can
Drink when you can
Pish when you can
Work if you want ,(or have to)
Sleep when you can
Fight if you have to
Win if you can
Survive if you want to
Post if you must
Shut the fucque up if you can
Interesting proverb mon le petit.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusa,

It is always refreshing to read your pearls of wisdom.:unsure:

As a point of interest only 7 out of 100 after PRMC obtain our Coveted Green Beret. The rest drop by the wayside. Our Mod Joe won his Green Beret with the Brit Army prior to joining the FFL. Hat tipped to him.(y)

Once more we are rehashing old posts. My heroes as posted above in sarcasm were Martin Scott and Loustic.:mad:

When are you going ? As you know I am 80 next b/day. So I read your posts with ever increasing wonder.

Chas. To quote Sinatra; "I did it my way".

I promise you Charles you will live to see me going through FLL gates. Of course I'm betting on your toughness here. ;)!

Don't worry Chas, we would both live to see me with white kepi. ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
ANYWAY STILL PLANNING ON THE JOURNEY EVEN IF IT MEANS ROWING A BOAT...
If I may give you some advice :unsure: If rowing to France is your intended way of travelling, get a plane to England and then all that you have left to do is row the Manche.:geek:One day you will thank me for this piece of advice.

Reaction score
Home Country
Kenya
I guess I could eat once a week and sleep outside, but wouldn't call that comfortable at all. ;)

I know you want to show how tough you are, but eating just once a week before selection isn't good idea especially for someone who had 3 meals a day until that moment. That would be shock for body and one would feel very weak.
Are you sure you don't meant once a day instead of week? I mean there is no need for such extreme behavior. If someone really don't have money for food I'm sure he can found some leftovers somewhere. Much better than to eat just once a week.

As for rowing a boat. Legion won't take you if you came to country illegally. I don't know what is policy towards asylum seekers, but even if FFL taking those men they probably have to have their asylum granted.
THANKS FOR YOUR WISDOM,,AND ADVICE.
THANK YOU.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
CANT YOU JUST EAT ONCE A WEEK,,,,,ANYWAY STILL PLANNING ON THE JOURNEY EVEN IF IT MEANS ROWING A BOAT...

Yeah, well is not the ideal, in fact there a few books that talk only about the History of Military nutrition. How they went from "Ok, find your food or die" to "It looks like food, but is not actually" to finally "Hey here is your MRE, it will fullful your daily diet"

About the journey, for what you told us, i think the cheapest way and one of the fastest

-Get a Visa from Germany.

-Find a flight to Cologne Bonn Airport

-From Cologne, you can take the thalys and in 4 hours more or less you are going to be in Paris Central Station, There is a train that leaves like 6 in the morning and reahs paris about 10 something
If you buy the ticket with anticipation you can get them quite cheap.

-Walk 10 km to Fort de Nogent. In the route you are going to find some Dia Discount supermarkets, there you can get cheap food and something to drink.. Even if you can live Ghandi style is better to eat something.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yeah, well is not the ideal, in fact there a few books that talk only about the History of Military nutrition. How they went from "Ok, find your food or die" to "It looks like food, but is not actually" to finally "Hey here is your MRE, it will fullful your daily diet"

Actually even Romans had very well organized feeding of their troops. It's far from "Ok, find your food or die". It's pretty impressive when you read how many of Roman inventions are still used in armies today.Basically army's are still organized by system introduced by Romans. Some later armyes did not do quite well

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Actually even Romans had very well organized feeding of their troops. It's far from "Ok, find your food or die". It's pretty impressive when you read how many of Roman inventions are still used in armies today.Basically army's are still organized by system introduced by Romans. Some later armyes did not do quite well

The British Army marches on its stomach and its tea. During a lull in fighting there is always time for a brew up and a cup of char. Known to some as Nato standard. Tea, condensed milk, sugar and boiling water mixed and stirred in a massive container. Then served and good for morale.

Last edited:

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Actually even Romans had very well organized feeding of their troops. It's far from "Ok, find your food or die".
Check a bit more of the history in the Military nutrition. It was not always a very well organized feeding.. In fact sometimes keeping the supply of food was not easy. or not posible for some armies.

The British Army marches on stomach and its tea.
This has nothing to do with the Topic, but now that you did mention TEA. Is it true, that if you accept to drink a cup of tea with a British then you have to take a second one or it will taken as a disrespect.. This is something that my grandfather used to say, i just find hard to belive it.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Check a bit more of the history in the Military nutrition. It was not always a very well organized feeding.. In fact sometimes keeping the supply of food was not easy. or not posible for some armies.

This has nothing to do with the Topic, but now that you did mention TEA. Is it true, that if you accept to drink a cup of tea with a British then you have to take a second one or it will taken as a disrespect.. This is something that my grandfather used to say, i just find hard to belive it.

I have never heard of this. That does not mean to say that it is untrue.:unsure: