a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USS Fitzgerald

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
First, Irish, are you O-dox?
To whom this is?

So, considering what you said its almost impossible for USS to collide with huge vessel as tanker. And we have 4 collisions only this year (half year). I think they know what happening. Maybe is not for public.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusaboss,

I wrote a recent article on FB reference strength and aspirations of the Chinese Navy.
By 2030 they wish to rival the USN globally.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
That's are wishes. It's not achievable until 2030. But they will definitely chase out US from south China sea until that year, globally, no way. Unless something dramatic don't happen.

So Chas, what your boss says about China rising in recent years? ;)

Biggest irony is that all of that is directly enabled by US with their greed and chase for ewer greater profit regardless of any other norms or values. I think that will cause fall of American Empire.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That's are wishes. It's not achievable until 2030. But they will definitely chase out US from south China sea until that year, globally, no way. Unless something dramatic don't happen.

So Chas, what your boss says about China rising in recent years? ;)

Biggest irony is that all of that is directly enabled by US with their greed and chase for ewer greater profit regardless of any other norms or values. I think that will cause fall of American Empire.

Were the Serbs any better back in the day??

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Were the Serbs any better back in the day??

Don't know on what exactly you pointing. If Serbs under Slobodan Milošević had power as US, Russia or China today... OMG :)... god help us all. World today wouldn't look like this.

Ok, we are not so bad as western media portrait us at the time, but we were good neither.

Have in mind that there was some bad, evil men on all 3 sides (4 with Albanians). Worst thing today is that many people on all 4 sides have strong persuasion that their sides didn't do anything wrong.
Don't accept own war crimes and overly condemned everyone else's.

First step towards reconciliation is to accept your responsibility and to condemn every bad thing which happened regardless of side (especially your own side). Unfortunately most do people don't do that.

If you think about greed, corruption and not giving f*ck if people lose job and house and everything because bank have to do little bit better than last year ... Ye back in the day (before 90s) Serbs ( Yugoslavians) were much better than US today. I'm not talking that people are genetically better, but political system did have less failures in that direction.

There is many other thing which for much worse than in US. Communism isn't good system, fail all over the world. In that particular aspect, at the time it was better in my country.

Mark you should not take personally what I said. If you think that Multinational company CEOs, Goldman Sachs bankers, Pharmaceutical Mafia and Military–industrial complex thugs have one atom of patriotism it them, than fine. Defend them, take their side. They are good people, fellow Americans ;)

Man, we live in global village. Nationality has nothing to do with that.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Don't know on what exactly you pointing. If Serbs under Slobodan Milošević had power as US, Russia or China today... OMG :)... god help us all. World today wouldn't look like this.

Ok, we are not so bad as western media portrait us at the time, but we were good neither.

Have in mind that there was some bad, evil men on all 3 sides (4 with Albanians). Worst thing today is that many people on all 4 sides have strong persuasion that their sides didn't do anything wrong.
Don't accept own war crimes and overly condemned everyone else's.

First step towards reconciliation is to accept your responsibility and to condemn every bad thing which happened regardless of side (especially your own side). Unfortunately most do people don't do that.

If you think about greed, corruption and not giving f*ck if people lose job and house and everything because bank have to do little bit better than last year ... Ye back in the day (before 90s) Serbs ( Yugoslavians) were much better than US today. I'm not talking that people are genetically better, but political system did have less failures in that direction.

There is many other thing which for much worse than in US. Communism isn't good system, fail all over the world. In that particular aspect, at the time it was better in my country.

Mark you should not take personally what I said. If you think that Multinational company CEOs, Goldman Sachs bankers, Pharmaceutical Mafia and Military–industrial complex thugs have one atom of patriotism it them, than fine. Defend them, take their side. They are good people, fellow Americans ;)

Man, we live in global village. Nationality has nothing to do with that.

Some good thinking there dusa! Do you think Americans are happy with our political system? Two parties who can't get their act together! Do you think we love those elites who control everything!? Wether it's in the United States or elsewhere in the world? I have seen the best and worst of humanity in the world. That's our makeup and will never change! All we can do is make something of our own lives! I could go on but it's getting late and I'm in no mood for a political discussion!

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Some good thinking there dusa! Do you think Americans are happy with our political system? Two parties who can't get their act together! Do you think we love those elites who control everything!? Wether it's in the United States or elsewhere in the world? I have seen the best and worst of humanity in the world. That's our makeup and will never change! All we can do is make something of our own lives! I could go on but it's getting late and I'm in no mood for a political discussion!

Bravo Mark!

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
There are talks of possible hacking of computers. As one retired admiral stated you do not go through the straights of Malacca without doubling your lookouts and manning the radars. I am only repeating what I've read, I have no idea if a naval ship can be steered without computer technology. Of course we may never know what actuallly happened which would be a shame for the victimes families.

Joe, I have read that too, there is no way these types of collisions happen this way. Now I did talk to one of my employees, he was Navy, and he told me that many times our War Ships do not run active radar and they are in complete blacked out mode. But in the Area the USS McCain was struck makes no sense. In a small active straight like that they would have been fully on watch with watch standers at the bow, mid ship, and aft on 100% watch.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Mark I know that regular people are something completely different from political and other elites. In US even more than in rest of the world. In this age of internet I'm more connected with US then with my own country so, socio-political situation there is more familiar to me than to many Americans.

On the contrary, I think that Americans are great folks. Of course ,there is idiots like everywhere (much less than among some other nations), but generally people there are OK.

That's why when I'm criticize US foreign policy I'm specifying that i don't have nothing against people of USA. That message doesn't always pass through, so Americans on this form get offended when I'm criticizing policy. So, Mark have that on mind next time, please. ;)

Many people from many countries, even those which you calling allay, don't like Americans. Mostly because of American foreign policy. Is important to distinguish politicians and elites from regular people. I mean, what you guys could do when choice is between Hillary and Trump. :)

Crotalus Atrox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
If we dont want to look military we just turn on a civi RADAR. We ALWAYS have a civi RADAR on. It has alarms and stuff (civi IFF)and it is full technocolor, which is what the officers really like about it... Oooh, Ahhh... Hahaha...
We button everything up and have a picnic only when transiting Suez or Panama. The boys in Jibouti have us covered... Plus we pay millons to the Egyptian Government every year to not be messed with or what ever (just an opinion). They have guard shacks every klick or less... 5 times a day though, they are not watching. Hahaha...
I think Chas knows more than I do about the Egyptians though...

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Mark I know that regular people are something completely different from political and other elites. In US even more than in rest of the world. In this age of internet I'm more connected with US then with my own country so, socio-political situation there is more familiar to me than to many Americans.

On the contrary, I think that Americans are great folks. Of course ,there is idiots like everywhere (much less than among some other nations), but generally people there are OK.

That's why when I'm criticize US foreign policy I'm specifying that i don't have nothing against people of USA. That message doesn't always pass through, so Americans on this form get offended when I'm criticizing policy. So, Mark have that on mind next time, please. ;)

Many people from many countries, even those which you calling allay, don't like Americans. Mostly because of American foreign policy. Is important to distinguish politicians and elites from regular people. I mean, what you guys could do when choice is between Hillary and Trump. :)

lecture me one more time and i shall jump on you from a great height! now piss off and join the legion!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
lecture me one more time and i shall jump on you from a great height! now piss off and join the legion!

C'mon Mark that was not a lecturing. I'm just trying not to be misunderstood in future.