a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tucking

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Rucking today, roughly 130-140lbs of gear on me. Been awhile since I rucked this much weight, even in the fire fighting world. I may have to build my way up to 25-30 mile day ruck. I'm man enough to admit that. Sitting here taking a break right now. I thinking I'm gonna ruck every day for the next 7 days and just add 2-2.5 miles each day. I got about 3 weeks before I fly out. And I'm assuming that if selected in boot we will ruck often to build up to the 120km ruck?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Is that a condor pc? You must be running steel plates, what brand of plates and are they anti spalling layered?

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Man, im also going to Aubagne in 3 weeks and i didnt even try to carry that weight. im rucking half of that haha.
As petit caporal says run more. Be sure you can do at least 7 well done pull ups, practice your IQ test and your beep test.
Basically focus on passing all the test first, basic training is progressive. First ruck marches are from 8km to 30km i think, so i wouldnt kill myself rucking that much weight for that long.
Again, i would focus more in the selection tests, i dont think its that hard but lots of people fail because of silly mistakes.
And as Joseph Cosgrove told me "You have to let the legion have something to work on". So dont worry about marching 120km with a 60kg ruck, they will prepare you for that once you pass selection.
This is just my advice, hope to see you at 4e RE. Bonne chance.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Whats your AR? can you carry it around in your state?
Forged lower and upper looks like moe grip and stock not sure on the rail system but it’s not free float or continuous looks like a sure fire muzzle device maybe, carbine length gas system, magpul flip ups. that’s what every man should have, not that in particular but something close.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Man, im also going to Aubagne in 3 weeks and i didnt even try to carry that weight. im rucking half of that haha.
As petit caporal says run more. Be sure you can do at least 7 well done pull ups, practice your IQ test and your beep test.
Basically focus on passing all the test first, basic training is progressive. First ruck marches are from 8km to 30km i think, so i wouldnt kill myself rucking that much weight for that long.
Again, i would focus more in the selection tests, i dont think its that hard but lots of people fail because of silly mistakes.
And as Joseph Cosgrove told me "You have to let the legion have something to work on". So dont worry about marching 120km with a 60kg ruck, they will prepare you for that once you pass selection.
If he gets an injury it could plague him later on. See nö need to run with weights the legion will slowly build him up to it. Just get in first.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Was the same in the British army they build it up. It's like you won't do an assualt course straight off. They have their Programm they follow. Same as anything. Like people say on here pass the entrance Tests first, people thinking too far ahead here.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Is that a condor pc? You must be running steel plates, what brand of plates and are they anti spalling layered?
Yes, it's a condor vest. AR500 front, back and side plates level 4 plates.

It's DPMS with 1:7 Twist, moe system.

Looks like he’s running a build to me, maybe even an 80% build probably around 600$ Just my guess though.
Only thing that is custom that I did was drill the bullet button out and Install a regular mag ejection button.

Forged lower and upper looks like moe grip and stock not sure on the rail system but it’s not free float or continuous looks like a sure fire muzzle device maybe, carbine length gas system, magpul flip ups. that’s what every man should have, not that in particular but something close.
Yeah the magpul stuff is all after market.

I'm in Kansas. You can open and conceal carry pretty much anywhere anytime no license.

I can do 7 pulls up. Just trying to get back in Infantry shape.

Yeah I called it at 12.6 miles today, that 130lbs whooped my ass I aint gonna lie. It's been just been awhile since I rucked that much for a long distance. I've been out the Infantry since November 2009. I just really wanted to get a gather of where I was sitting at today. To get you're expert Infantry badge part of it is a 12 mile ruck in under 3 hrs but it's at 45lbs total gear weight. I'm just trying to get use to that pain pain again ya know. I've hiked in some sh$tty steep place in America but it's usually 40-60lbs at 1-3 hrs hiking in ya know. My longest hike in was 8 hrs straight up. I'll prob run tomorrow and hit the weight room ruck again in couple days. My body is pretty sore right now. Not making any excuses def going to have to build back up to that 20-30 mile day ruck. I just can't fail selection or anything I want to earn this so badly. I'm stressing and I just can't fail.

Last edited by a moderator: