a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things have changed

sombrerox

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I had my tickets rebooked for September 20th, so I'll be out on my way in 2 days, no special reasons, I figured out there's no reason to wait any longer. On 20th at 09:00 I'm heading to Frankfurt and then to Paris. I will try to update you when I arrive in Paris but I doubt I'll be able to do so unless I decide in the last minute to book a hotel for the night (Will be in Paris at ~19:30).

I have one quick question, as my first destination will be hospital Bégin and I read they work 24/7, do you think I'll be able to head straight there after my trip or I'll have to wait for the next day, and also I wonder if they will be able to do my ECG without me having to wait for a few days or even more, should I call and tell them when to expect me?

I also just saw Mick is leaving, that's sad, I wanted to rub it in his face once I'm in Calvi with flying dagger on my green beret. Hope he sees this and stays for a few more months.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
I had my tickets rebooked for September 20th, so I'll be out on my way in 2 days, no special reasons, I figured out there's no reason to wait any longer. On 20th at 09:00 I'm heading to Frankfurt and then to Paris. I will try to update you when I arrive in Paris but I doubt I'll be able to do so unless I decide in the last minute to book a hotel for the night (Will be in Paris at ~19:30).

I have one quick question, as my first destination will be hospital Begin and I read they work 24/7, do you think I'll be able to head straight there after my trip or I'll have to wait for the next day, and also I wonder if they will be able to do my ECG without me having to wait for a few days or even more, should I call and tell them when to expect me ?

I also just saw Mick is leaving, that's sad, I wanted to rub it in his face once I'm in Calvi with flying dagger on my green beret. Hope he sees this and stays for a few more months.

Great, glad you pulled the trigger and hope you do well. I still think you are a good guy, even before your run in with Mick. Though think you are a complete and utter cnut in regards to your disagreement with Mick. I hope you can keep your mouth shut and head down and play the grey man in selection and basic.

As for the hospital, best to call ahead, always. Tell them what you need and ask if can literally come anytime or if you need an appointment. They probably want an appointment or will give you a time frame that is best. Good luck.

sombrerox

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Great, glad you pulled the trigger and hope you do well. I still think you are a good guy, even before your run in with Mick.

Thanks.

Though think you are a complete and utter cnut in regards to your disagreement with Mick. I hope you can keep your mouth shut and head down and play the grey man in selection and basic.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

As for the hospital, best to call ahead, always. Tell them what you need and ask if can literally come anytime or if you need an appointment. They probably want an appointment or will give you a time frame that is best. Good luck.

Yea I'll call just in case. Thanks.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
(...) I have one quick question, as my first destination will be hospital Begin and I read they work 24/7, do you think I'll be able to head straight there after my trip or I'll have to wait for the next day, and also I wonder if they will be able to do my ECG without me having to wait for a few days or even more, should I call and tell them when to expect me ?

Well although you want to rub Mick's face in it, you may be a bit premature. For one you are on your last cartouche and secondly you will know what Mick went through and will show a lot more respect when you have done the same (more or less, Mick went to Lapasset). And also it seems that you have not really planned out your trip. Turning up at Bégin in the middle of the night for an unscheduled ECG shows that there has not been any planning beforehand. Saying that, I really do wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out. The REP is still a long way away, but not impossible to reach. Good luck.

sombrerox

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well although you want to rub Mick's face in it, you may be a bit premature. For one you are on your last cartouche and secondly you will know what Mick went through and will show a lot more respect when you have done the same (more or less, Mick went to Lapasset). And also it seems that you have not really planned out your trip. Turning up at Bégin in the middle of the night for an unscheduled ECG shows that there has not been any planning beforehand. Saying that, I really do wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out. The REP is still a long way away, but not impossible to reach. Good luck.
I never brought to question his hardships with the Legion, but if one served the Legion it doesn't give him right to act like douche. I mean sure you can, but don't call the Legion card, be a douche because that's who you are.

And it's not like I had any control over my trip, there is one single bus line from Bosnia to Paris and that's what they offer (thus the reason I mentioned possible hotel booking overnight), last time I had to buy multiple tickets for buses, planes, taxis to get to Paris, I'm glad FlixBus finally got to Bosnia a few months ago.

ANYWAY, I'm sure no one needs to act guardian angel for Mick or anyone else on this forum, let the man reply if he wants and tell what he wants, I'm sure if anyone needed a representative they would hire a lawyer.

Highlander

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
I think you should wait the next morning to do you ECG. Without stress and with a good night sleep. Dont drink, dont smoke... eat well, enjoy paris and good luck in everything.

sombrerox

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I think you should wait the next morning to do you ECG. Without stress and with a good night sleep. Dont drink, dont smoke... eat well, enjoy paris and good luck in everything.

Thank you, I don't smoke nor drink.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I never brought to question his hardships with the Legion, but if one served the Legion it doesn't give him right to act like douche. I mean sure you can, but don't call the Legion card, be a douche because that's who you are.

And it's not like I had any control over my trip, there is one single bus line from Bosnia to Paris and that's what they offer (thus the reason I mentioned possible hotel booking overnight), last time I had to buy multiple tickets for buses, planes, taxis to get to Paris, I'm glad FlixBus finally got to Bosnia a few months ago.

ANYWAY, I'm sure no one needs to act guardian angel for Mick or anyone else on this forum, let the man reply if he wants and tell what he wants, I'm sure if anyone needed a representative they would hire a lawyer.
Sombrerox, you have to take things easy. No one is talking about lawyers, you got off on the wrong foot with a Cervens member, so what? It should stay there because you will meet others in a couple of days that you will take an instant disliking to. What then?
A word of advice, wind your neck in and be the grey man. And PLEASE give it a rest, i.e. don't keep on going on about it. Bring it up again in 6 months - when we've all forgotten about it and you are in the REP. OK?

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) I also just saw Mick is leaving, that's sad, I wanted to rub it in his face once I'm in Calvi with flying dagger on my green beret. Hope he sees this and stays for a few more months.
Why bring up again and again this menial ‘cyber-squabble’..? Strange to see how many people nowadays seem to be living their life through the various social media... Anyway, good luck in your quest for the képi blanc and learn how to manage your anger. Not being able to do so in the Legion will cause you trouble, and may well get you out, even before entering...

MacedonianGr

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Hello guys i want to ask about ECG, if legion in the medical test send me to hospital for ECG, how much does it cost an ECG in France? Is it good idea to do ECG in french hospital before i join the legion? Do the legion accepts ECG from my country? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Home Country
San Marino
Hello guys i want to ask about ECG, if legion in the medical test send me to hospital for ECG, how much does it cost an ECG in France? Is it good idea to do ECG in french hospital before i join the legion? Do the legion accepts ECG from my country? Thanks in advance for your answers.

They will only send you if they find an anomaly. Are you expecting them to find a problem or something unusual with your heart? Otherwise no need to get one in France before you go or in your home country...it will raise questions. If you are healthy why are you bringing in an extra test? It will invite extra scrutiny.

MacedonianGr

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
I have heart murmur but my personal doctor never stop me from sports, i was taking part for years in weightlifting championships, i do 25 pull ups and level 11 beep test, i read they send a guy for ECG because murmur thats i ask this question about the cost of ECG if they send you.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Home Country
San Marino
I have heart murmur but my personal doctor never stop me from sports, i was taking part for years in weightlifting championships, i do 25 pull ups and level 11 beep test, i read they send a guy for ECG because murmur thats i ask this question about the cost of ECG if they send you.

In that case bring all the medical documents and tests that you can.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Sombrerox,

All the very best and good luck.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
MacedonianGr that question is best to ask Sombrerox, but hopefully he is now doing tests in France and we won't hear from him for a long time (couple months) so you are little bit too late.

He talked about ECG in France and will do it himself now (if they ask ). As for price, think he said something about 100-150 €. He also did ECG in home country, but they didn't accept it.

You can find more on that subject if you go through Sombrerox's old posts.

MacedonianGr

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Thanks for the info dusaboss, too expensive in my country it is free in public hospital. 150 euro costs the whole trip with my airline tickets :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Thanks for the info dusaboss, too expensive in my country it is free in public hospital. 150 euro costs the whole trip with my airline tickets :)
Do you live in Macedonia or in Greece and what are you by nationality?

150 euro costs the whole trip with my airline tickets :)
I don't really understand this, can you explain?

Last edited by a moderator: