a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

The Legion in the media

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
There was a case of prostitution ring in Calvi, quite some time back now. Eastern block guys (Bulgarians if I remember correctly). They were in a residential area, which did not get noticed until the winter months when the neighbours became suspicious of a group of girls and the coming and goings of legionnaires. They tipped off the Legion, but someone leaked it to the press.
The bad part of it all is that it made it harder for the locals to rent out to legionnaires for a while who had brought over their families.
When did the brothel close about a mile down from the camp on other side of the road, we’ll Bar with some rooms think it was the first place we hit after we got our wings sort of right of passage and on that note is the one in Djibouti their up at Arta? Forgive my spelling but think your all used to it by now.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
When did the brothel close about a mile down from the camp on other side of the road, we’ll Bar with some rooms think it was the first place we hit after we got our wings sort of right of passage and on that note is the one in Djibouti their up at Arta? Forgive my spelling but think your all used to it by now.
There was a 'disco' when you used to go out of the camp through the zig zag of barbed wire, the name will come to me later. It was closed before I got there, my claim to fame is 'dropping in' there one day, when it was closed. It was actually on the road leading up to Calenzara, but close enough.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The Dolca Vita, it came to me half way on my circuit :).
That was it Joe it was a bar but they had a few rooms, when we got our first night out if I’m remembering it was sort of half organised we all ended up their, as for the bar/ brothel In Djibouti well never forget the company game we played against sections crazy times.
Another thing we’re you all still using the blue 3 stripe trainers for sport to be honest they were not a bad shoe for running compared to what’s about today!

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
That was it Joe it was a bar but they had a few rooms, when we got our first night out if I’m remembering it was sort of half organised we all ended up their, as for the bar/ brothel In Djibouti well never forget the company game we played against sections crazy times.
Another thing we’re you all still using the blue 3 stripe trainers for sport to be honest they were not a bad shoe for running compared to what’s about today!
Fortunately they had stopped the obligation about half way through my first time in Calvi. Then one bright day someone came up with the idea that the whole regiment should wear the Adidas blue trainers, for the Monday morning rassemblement.
(RIP Bernard Tapis.)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Fortunately they had stopped the obligation about half way through my first time in Calvi. Then one bright day someone came up with the idea that the whole regiment should wear the Adidas blue trainers, for the Monday morning rassemblement.
(RIP Bernard Tapis.)
We wore them every day

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
A student...not a légionnaire
Since 20 years or more, school kids can do a stage en entreprise...as from, 2nd or 3 rd year...
The student, 19 years auld...was in a lycée professionnel...Mechanics
Almost the same thingy