a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of 13e DBLE in Djibouti....

Padre

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Re-bonjour,

pour ce qui est des E.A.U., et pour répondre à Stoeng, rien n'est moins certain.
Revirement de situation...
Il se pourrait que la 13 soit tout simplement dissoute. Grave !

Amitiés

Stoeng

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Bien sure je peux me tromper, mais je pense vraiment qu’un régiment tellement prestigieux ne serra pas tout simplement dissoute.

L’appui « politique » des anciens dans les hautes sphères est toujours forte et ça serra plus tout une question d’où ira le 13.

Padre

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ce sont des rumeurs, seulement des rumeurs...
Mais tu sais, les Troupes de Marines sont bien placées à Paris auprès des hautes sphères, bien mieux que la Légion...
L'avenir le dira.
Mais nous perdons un Régiment (les dernier) stationné dans un pays étranger.
Ils seront tous en métropole (et Guyane)

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
WOW !!!!!! Lost for words....

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Reaction score
Ok I'm going to buy Arta Plage and open a desert survival centre or a hotel LOL.....

Cpl K....

homercleese

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
desole gents, but my google translator doesnt work on that link, does it say those rumours that 13dble is closing and moving to the desert are true?

THanks

Mise

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Ok I'm going to buy Arta Plage and open a desert survival centre or a hotel LOL.....

Cpl K....

Not a hotel, K, they'll all be looking for deals. Open a health spa, where weight loss is guaranteed. Some will pay any money for that.

Samtoo

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
Home Country
United States
It is more than the end of an era for the Legion, it is the end of tradition; the Legion is synonymous with Africa. The Chef du Corps really nailed it in his Ordre du Jour.....he said it all actually. I wonder how he stood when he read it aloud to his Legionnaires......and how they re-acted to the ordre.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It is more than the end of an era for the Legion, it is the end of tradition; the Legion is synonymous with Africa. The Chef du Corps really nailed it in his Ordre du Jour.....he said it all actually. I wonder how he stood when he read it aloud to his Legionnaires......and how they re-acted to the ordre.

I can hardly believe this Samtoo. The world has gone mad. To start with, how are all those pretty young girls going to support their families with our boys gone?

More seriously - I agree - the Ch du Corps must have had lump in his throat as big as the Eiffel Tower having to read that out.

It will only be question of time before it all kicks off again over there with the Legion gone....

Hroflr Grimm

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Si j'ai comprendé le francais vraiment (doubtful), it seems they intend to place French Air Force in Djibouti to fill the gap left by la légion? And that the whole deal could still fall through if France is unable to negotiate the new defence agreement that will now obviously have to include air rights and fly zones...

As sad as the last page of la légion dans l'Afrique history is (at least for the first tome..), I am sure for the newest generation of les enfants the 13dble will now become an even more sought after regiment.

C'est fou! Mais, c'est la vie.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Dans la "guerre des boutons" qui s'est jouée à Djibouti les TDM ont donc manifestement "gagné"... A mon avis, une façon de compenser les fermetures annoncées du 43° BIMa à Port-Bouët (près d'Abidjan, en Côte d'Ivoire) et du 23° BIMa à Dakar (Sénégal). Il faut bien conserver quelques postes outre-mer "intéressants" pour ces chers "coloniaux"... Cela étant, dans l'ordre du jour du chef de corps, rien ne dit pour l'instant que la 13°DBLE sera dissoute. Elle sera peut-être simplement transférée ailleurs.

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Reaction score
A little video of the Légion when they arrived in Djibouti in 1962 / 1963...

Feck Djibouti was clean back then ;)

[video]http://lalegion.tv/video/559/Djibouti1962[/video]

Cpl K.....