a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The absurdist

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I just joined this site earlier this month and, so far, I have seemed to leave quite the impression. Some good, others not so good. Well I figured after running such a muck within the past month that I would introduce myself a little better. I think all of you know, but for those of you who don't I'm a former U.S. Marine who is currently awaiting his flight to Paris France this August, where I'll be attempting to join the French Foreign Legion and hopefully make it through selections. I believe in myself and have been avidly exercising and feel that I have the right stuff to make the cut.
I also plan on sending them some Hustler mags and energy drinks, in the mail in order to hopefully sway them in my direction. I would have sent them some alcohol and tobacco but you can't send them through the mail.
Anyway finally here are some of my pics.

View attachment 5849 View attachment 5850 View attachment 5851 :rolleyes:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
So, on first picture are you some 4y ago and on second and third is your dad or big brother? :)

Kidding. thanks for sharing pics with us.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
(...) I also plan on sending them some Hustler mags and energy drinks, in the mail in order to hopefully sway them in my direction. (...)
My God! Someone call the Samaritans, Auroris56 is trying to chop his head off before even stepping foot on French soil. Don't send them anything! Wise up a bit here. Hustler or 1960's Playboy and Redbull? Please..!

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Good luck, I bet you will do great. I get your sense of humor but then I'm American...It's obvious some members missed the humor train. Keep training hard and convince them that you have nothing to keep you at home in the US and intend to stay for the long term in the Legion. You got this.

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Good luck, I bet you will do great. I get your sense of humor but then I'm American...It's obvious some members missed the humor train. Keep training hard and convince them that you have nothing to keep you at home in the US and intend to stay for the long term in the Legion. You got this.

Thanks for the support. Weather the comments are good or bad I find it all very motivating. In real life it's a dog eat dog world. And no likes giving out hand outs. I like to earn my keep, first it was my Eagle Globe and Anchor. Now it's the coveted Kepi Blanc. If can't handle a few negative people on the internet, then I might as well turn my happy ass around and go home. It's going to be tough and I like it that way.:mad:

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) I also plan on sending them some Hustler mags and energy drinks, in the mail in order to hopefully sway them in my direction. I would have sent them some alcohol and tobacco but you can't send them through the mail.(...)
I don't get it. Who are “themâ€￾, who do you want to send this stuff to? :confused:

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I don't get it. Who are “themâ€￾, who do you want to send this stuff to? :confused:

To the address listed on the french foreign legion contact us page. I don't know to whom specifically

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
To the address listed on the french foreign legion contact us page. I don't know to whom specifically

'To whomever it may concern' ? In French 'A qui de droit' Just put your real name on and let them know why you are...
Bloody hell !
Nick, I'm glad you get this guy's sense of humour. Just make sure that he's not dumb enough to actually do it, will you?