a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test de Léger (Luc-Léger) app

AYF1993

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Hello to everyone,

I found an application on Android Play named “Test de Légerâ€￾ and I want to know if the app is good for practicing the test ! I will leave below a photo with this app !

View attachment 5694

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
AYF1993,

Can resist it; A play station warrior! For a fitness regime see Charles Stoeng's post.
At 77 + I can't operate a computer let alone check out all the various Apps available.
What is an App ? Now is this a bite ?
Finally good luck AYF1993.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Well... The description of the application at least matches the title... Should be Ok. Not sure how you'll hear the beeps through a smartphone though, maybe you need to run with headphones or put the smartphone on loudspeaker...

AYF1993

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
AYF1993,

Can resist it; A play station warrior! For a fitness regime see Charles Stoeng's post.
At 77 + I can't operate a computer let alone check out all the various Apps available.
What is an App ? Now is this a bite ?
Finally good luck AYF1993.

Mr. Chas i never owned or played on a play station ! I saw Mr. Charles Stoeng training program and i'm currently doing his program, I can run 17 km in 1 hour and a half, can do more than 100 push ups but i can only do 12 pull ups with the right form at the moment !

I asked the question about that application who simulate the Luc Léger test because i want to know if it's worth it to practice the test from that application or not, nothing more ! If it's not the same test like in the Legion i will find another solution to practice the Luc Léger !

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
AYF1993.

You must forgive a frivolous old man.lol Keep training hard. Aim to succeed and as I said "good luck".

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Interesting app, but Rapace said u can have trouble hearing beeps. On higher levels is not practical to run with phone in hand.
Maybe friend can help you and tell you when the sound signals are.

AYF1993

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Seems OK, but without the sound you don't know !
I tried today that test twice with headphones plugged, once with my phone in hand and once with my phone in my pocket (I was wearing shorts with pockets zipped ) and it was really fine, no discomfort , it was really ok !

Anselme

Reaction score
Home Country
Apps... haha... I won't lose my time with that, just run and do tractions (pull-ups). If you are tought enough on running... Luc Léger might not be a problem I guess.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I tried today that test twice with headphones plugged, once with my phone in hand and once with my phone in my pocket (I was wearing shorts with pockets zipped ) and it was really fine, no discomfort , it was really ok !
Yes. Alternatively you can also purchase those pockets with Velcro that you attach to your arm to carry your smartphone when running. Designed for people who use running apps (that track things like the distance covered, average speed, calories burnt, etc.).

Apps... haha... I won't lose my time with that, just run and do tractions (pull-ups). If you are tought enough on running... Luc Léger might not be a problem I guess.
Well... You can do both. Run to improve your general physical condition and practice the specific test, just to get used to it.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
You should not simply run as fast and as far as you can : this is not the purpose of the test. You should alternate fast run during 5 min and very slow run during the next 5 min to simulate the start and stop movements you have to do for the Luc-Léger.