T-shirts with printed Legion insignias

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
To help to keep the Foreign Legion Info web site running, you could buy T-shirts with a Legion regimental insignia from his Legion info store.
The owner gets a few $ from each sale through his on line store.
I myself have bought a few for my grandson recently.
The price is very reasonable.

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
To help to keep the Foreign Legion Info web site running, you could buy T-shirts with a Legion regimental insignia from his Legion info store.
no link?

and does very reasonable apply also for the tight dutch and scots? :)

SnafuSmite

I always feel uncomfortable wearing apparel of a military unit in which I have not served. IMHO if you haven't done the time you don't deserve to wear the insignia....

I always feel uncomfortable wearing apparel of a military unit in which I have not served. IMHO if you haven't done the time you don't deserve to wear the insignia....
Yeah imagine running into an ancien while wearing a Legion t-shirt.

"Oh did you serve in the Legion too?"

"Nah, I just thought this was a cool shirt"

"......"

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
I don't think that wearing FFL T-shirt if you were not legionar is bad on its own. Why not? There is many young (and some older) guys who likes legion. Some of them will eventually become legionaries. Wearing that signs they are showing their support

Bad thing would be that when someone ask you about T-shirt you lie that you served. I mean, that T-shirt are not official legion uniform. Anyone can wear it.

"Oh did you serve in the Legion too?"

"Nah, I just thought this was a cool shirt"

"......"
Whatsoever, unpleasant situation like that definitely could happen. Some anciens could interpret that wrongly. (Especially if they had one or two too much)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Good point Snafu. Wearing it around town is like asking around if there are any other anciens in the vicinity. However wearing it to train with can also give you a little more (if that's possible) motivation to train harder and get in to the legion.

However wearing it to train with can also give you a little more (if that's possible) motivation to train harder and get in to the legion.
I'm planning on buying the sweaters and jackets I need for Stoeng's training program from the Legion's boutique for this reason. The profits go the Legion's veterans and disabled AFAIK.

I do like the 2REP t-shirt at foreignlegion.info, but I wouldn't feel like I have any right to wear it.

There's not necessarily anything wrong with wearing these t-shirts, I just wouldn't wear them :D
The only thing I consider 100% wrong is to pretend to be something/someone you're not.

Also, wearing complete uniforms with medals and distinctions you haven't worn is IMO weird. T-shirts is one thing but actual complete uniforms is another.
Of course I'm not talking about wearing a pair of old camo trousers as a work pants, but complete uniforms with kepi/beret, rank insignia, unit insignia etc.

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
the t-shirts are real support shirts for the big crowd and can in my opinion be worn safely cause they dont look the real coloured regimental/Cie shirts.

Every ancien knows the diffence between an Official Regiment/Cie shirt and the one you buy for support and shows clearly you never earned it but bought it from the internet or (legion) shop

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
We should all get MARTIN SCOTT tee shirts that say..." A legend in his own mind".tee hee hee. A lifelong mystery has been solved, pesky warehouse fires burning to the ground.tee hee hee

Most viewed threads of the week