a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swearing, Salty Language, Cursing

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
With my own military background, I thought I was pretty well versed in the art of salty language. I learned a thing or two around here, in fact a whole new level. Anciens know how to use their words effectively. Can't imagine how it sounds in French. That is all. Good day, gents.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
With my own military background, I thought I was pretty well versed in the art of salty language. I learned a thing or two around here, in fact a whole new level. Anciens know how to use their words effectively. Can't imagine how it sounds in French. That is all. Good day, gents.

We have not started yet !

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
His sister washes my “bangala” with “zit zitoun”. Bangala is slang for a penis (language from Congo) and zit zitoun is Arab for olive oil.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I've been reading all the old post, Chas. You must have used all the good swears as a young RM cuz I don't see you use that language here. Cheers from the States.
I don't think so. Chas is a gentleman.
Bangala is slang for a peins l

Yeah it's kind intuitive when you use in way you did. :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I remember i met a woman once who liked me to talk dirty & swear...really loved it no joke. Was a posh well bred girl too. :p

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I've been reading all the old post, Chas. You must have used all the good swears as a young RM cuz I don't see you use that language here. Cheers from the States.

I can swear like the proverbial trooper but seldom do. I always felt it was unecessary for martial efficiency. Once commissioned I desisted.

However I am not a goody goody and regularly swear in Chinese. Their swear words and insults are much better. Some are so amusing, insulting and pithy. I also know 4 major Hindustani insults but have no chance to use them.

Cheers to you in the USA in these interesting times.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Ditto for me, I still use sometimes Hungarian/Serb/Arab expletives. However, I dislike to hear expletives that some people use in their daily conversations.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I prefer straight vulgaraty compared to lying out of their jaws from. Politiques, Generals or bakers. ..and the list goes on..

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Ditto for me, I still use sometimes Hungarian/Serb/Arab expletives. However, I dislike to hear expletives that some people use in their daily conversations.

Joe what Serbian curse words you like to use? I totally understand selection of languages you chosen for swearwords. For Hungarian and Serbian I know for sure they really rich with that kind of words.

Especially compared with English. C'mon guys. You consider words "bloody" and "hell" to be bad words. :) We use them when we want to praise someone. :)

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I am not sure which is which, but kurva anyad
Anyád picsája! come to mind. I had to get the spelling via google.
My spelling would have been kurva anja and kurva pistsaia. :)
There were more, but i do not remember them.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Joe what Serbian curse words you like to use? I totally understand selection of languages you chosen for swearwords. For Hungarian and Serbian I know for sure they really rich with that kind of words.

Especially compared with English. C'mon guys. You consider words "bloody" and "hell" to be bad words. :) We use them when we want to praise someone. :)

I fucqued your goats ?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
That chant from "Eyes Wide Shut" is actually Romanian priests chant played backwards.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Bella ciao. ..is actually a Jewish yiddish tradional song, by Klezimir (first recorded in 1919...but existed before)

Back on subject
You, who crawled out of your sister's womb back wards , goat fucque your self

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You have both, reverse and original version on video I posted. Original is somewhere after half.