a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Preece - Author

K9-

Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Mate ,

you honestly think the guys going to scan every page of his book so you can read it ? If you so interested buy the thing on Amazon !

Not only for me. For every member who wants it. Now is too late. he is banned.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
dont know..first i've seen of it..might have been one of his crazy posts..
...members can ask to be banned and the moderators don't go into the reason as to why regardless of whether they themselves decided to do so....

Last edited:

StevenPreece

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ban's over guy's I'm back on line.

It appears some of my posts were off topic and not some people's cup of tea.

Okay, I'll take that on board.

As for the free copies. When a book is published the author gets 10 free copies. All go to friends and family. Following this everybody wants a free copy. Unfortunately its not possible. Options are, buy them, steal them or borrow them.

Regards

Steve

repman86

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
hi steve read the book, not bad, gives an insight into the way the mind set is for most young men in elite units, ie Marines, Paras,Legion etc, fast paced, waiting for the next excercise, operation or just a good old battle wi whoever fancies it on a night without the lead on under the influence, did you ever look into 'pfs that the corps took on in '98'

repman86

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
What does bein a ninja mean, is it practicle on its own, the style I practiced did not present you with a belt as in pfs it is always progressing and you can learn from the oldest member to the newest,

0341Grunt

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ninjutsu is a fraud. All the Ninjutsu taught today leads back to one man. And it is known in some circles that it is not real ninjutsu. The true Ninja died off long ago. What is being taught today is a "reconstruction" of ninjutsu. If you want to find your inner calm and learn to control your temper it might be best read different philosophy books and do some Yoga. There is nothing new under the sun.

StevenPreece

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Glad you enjoyed my first book. My second book closes my story out.

As for Ninjutsu, your comments are only opinions. There are nine schools of ninjustu. These are 3000 years old. Every Ninja dojo in the world pulls something different from the styles at these schools. Some where ninja schools, some were samurai. I have trained in many different dojos and all are different, but at the same time all are ruthless. I wrote about, the old Form, of Ninjutsu in my second book and also about the advanced the flow, which is beyond the form.

When I got my Blackbelt I was asked where I thought I was. My answer was, right back at the beginning again. Its not about what colour your belt is, but is about your courage and ability.

I have a background in Boxing, Jujitsu and Aikido as well as the high level of aggression that comes from being an elite soldier, such as a marine, a para or a legionnaire etc.

Martial arts don't make you invincible, they give you a better chance. I didn't learn Ninjustu to learn how to fight, I learned it to stop me from fighting, to be able to control my aggression and to control the fire that burned inside me for so long. Its still there, of course. But under control.

Other soldiers will, I believe, understand the level of aggression I talk about.

Regards

Steve

Last edited:

repman86

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
As there is much of a need for self perfection, as there is for self preservation, to become enlightened to our unique potential, of which knows no bounds, and cannot be limited.

Attributes rather than techniques, the dance of the confrontation, the rhythm is the beat of the heart to which you must dance, if you are going to dance then you will have to be healthy enough in order to do so, to be able to get from one range to another, and back again, kicking, punching, trapping, ground, forward, side ward and backward like a concertina pulled and pushed in all directions.

Of course no one as yet is perfect, although we can utilise the whole plethora of movement and attributes that each of our bodies offers us.

In as much, as you spend your time (illusion) scrapping and fighting like some old scrap yard dog (of whom to his/her mind takes no prisoners) albeit from the limitations of the yards yardage and usually a big restrictive chain (all self preservation).

Although if the same scrap yard dog caught on to self perfection, it perhaps would look a little more mellow than its previous chained up character, perfect its cadence perhaps and gain freedom from its previous chained up existence, attract more experiences that are conductive to the previously said dog, so that it may have a better existence (life) rather than just exist.

Should you wish to turn yourself onto self perfection then its like a journey back to the self, there's no fighting anymore just dance and move your body, start banging the conga, drums, play beats with the hands, feet, skip play free running/jumping start back towards childhood and freedom of choice, do all the things that you would do if you were told that you would die in a year, soon everyday will be an adventure.

There are many ways to self perfect the self, essentially do it your way, and if you wish use the common thread skills in order to achieve your aims, I.e, carrenza (wan shadow boxing) entrainment re training, (entrain your body to all environments) the core principles of yoga, ayuerveda, pilates, chi gung, dynamic tension, isometrics, plyometrics, doesn't really matter what the topic or topics are as long as the core principles are recognised and absorbed for their respective use.

Fighting is an appendage of the insecure, remove the wall around you, the energy that you give out like a magnet you will attract back to you, be secure without the need for security I.e (in-secure) the cure for your ills has been at your disposal, all of your existence, you just needed to have the veil lifted in order to see all that potential that through time and indifferent experiences, became a distant feeling or a scratching of the head of something you used to have but you could nt be sure of what exactly it was.

Your human potential is perfect
You just need to find It
ENJOY THE TRIP!

P.F.S origins are based on JKD Concepts and Filipino Martial arts. Although any type of fighting method is used at the time that we might need to use in any given situation. i.e. Muay Thai, Savate, Western boxing, Dumog, Wing chun and Brazilian jiu jitsu for which we turn to the Gracie's for instruction for instance. Irrespective of what indigenous country that you may come from, we all have one head two arms and two legs, so there is only so much you can do with any particular part of the body.
(Given that we have not lost an appendage via an accident, or born without a limb for instance. (If this is the case then PFS can assist you-on an adapt for life programme, specifically designed to your perceived limitations by SIFU PAUL VUNAK of whom then passes on that ability to his representatives around the global theatre.)

Therefore you may notice that there is a common thread through all martial arts (military way), so it is this common thread or common flow that we endeavour to engage;

i.e. To engage the flow and move from one range to the other without the need for thought. Via theeling a combination of feeling with only enough thought for responsible actions, due diligence if you like.
This brings me nicely to the main point of P.F.S. Self Preservation and the influence of JKD Concepts & Filipino Martial arts, of which give us the ability to intercept and destruct rapidly (Rapid Assault Tactics) to get to Head butts, Elbows & Knees.
The concept is to spend enough time on this subject of self - preservation to be able to deal with an incident. It may take a fraction of time in order to threaten you or your family's life. Not to spend a life time and a small fortune on technical advice on how to save ones life that is about as much use to you as a chocolate teapot on a hot day, in a life-threatening situation. Do not waste your time, remember it is your time (of which is an illusion too, absorb what is useful to you personally, and discard that which is not.
Spend the time that you may have otherwise wasted on what makes you happy for me its surfing, study, yoga, phonetics and metaphysics, for you it may be something else.
If it isn't something else then you can find information on the above subjects in my link to CONTACTS. & JOURNEY TOPICS.

StevenPreece

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Repman86: Well that was well put. I did cover philisophy and wisdom during my journey into ninjutsu. I too am alot wiser now.

Evidently my friend. You found what suited you and I found what suited me. Mine worked for me too so I'm happy and that's what counts.

Steve

Last edited:

0341Grunt

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Glad you enjoyed my first book. My second book closes my story out.

As for Ninjutsu, your comments are only opinions. There are nine schools of ninjustu. These are 3000 years old. Every Ninja dojo in the world pulls something different from the styles at these schools. Some where ninja schools, some were samurai. I have trained in many different dojos and all are different, but at the same time all are ruthless. I wrote about, the old Form, of Ninjutsu in my second book and also about the advanced the flow, which is beyond the form.

Well, That's YOUR opinion as well, dude.

StevenPreece

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Life is a journey of experiences, some good, some bad & some we choose to forget.

Opinions: Well we're all entitled to one!!

Regards

Steve

StevenPreece

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
A form is a technique of what I will do next. A flow is a feeling from what you feel when an opponent comes at you. All opponents are different so the forms don't always work.

One must throw away the form to adapt to all situations.

To be formless is to work beyond the physical. When relaxation is power and the empty mind is all powerful. The word shizen springs to mind. Although it is called "no mind" it is somewhere all the elements come from. Earth, Water, FIRE, wind and the void. Everything and yet nothing to those who don't understand it.

Steve

StevenPreece

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
repman86: Your words are wise with philosophy.

However, life;s experiences make things look different. What looks like one thing to one person may appear totally different to another.

So: I need to ask you. What;s your opinion on a parallel universe. I won't explain this, I need to feel your understanding?

Regards

Steve

repman86

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
repman86: Your words are wise with philosophy.

However, life;s experiences make things look different. What looks like one thing to one person may appear totally different to another.

So: I need to ask you. What;s your opinion on a parallel universe. I won't explain this, I need to feel your understanding?

Regards

Steve
oooh the stranger than fiction or is it fiction a universe running alongside ours with maybe another you and me that sometimes overlap if there was no gravity as such would we float into each different universe. two bubbles colliding.

StevenPreece

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In reality I think if you look for things you don't find them. If you don't look you may discover them. There is so much we are not aware of, but when it is found it was meant to be found.

Regards

Steve