SSG of Pakistan

slimbill

Home Country
Pakistan
from what i know you will need to contact the pakistani embassy and they interview you take your qualifications into consideration and give you the answer . yes or no.
Its been a while since this post was active but still, here goes. You need to be serving in the Pakistani army, navy or air force in some capacity to be illegible to serve in the ssg. For this of course, you would have to be a Pakistani citizen and for obvious reasons must be living in the country for a few years. The pay is as expected not that good. A little over half of what a new legionnaire would get, but the benefits for the military in Pakistan are very good. Such as the army giving you houses, cars etc after a certain amount of time.

Hope this helps.

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
Slovenia
Yes but you have to take into account how expensive the live in Pakistan is compared to Europe. I am not familiar with Pakistan but in Indonesia they work for 20 Euros a month so 500 Euros would make you rich as hell.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dont know what it is but I could never see any army as SF if religion comes first over everything else , corruption is also rife in third world countries hence rank is often based on who you are/know rather than what you are capable of , a recipe for disaster if ever there was one., sure the photos look very impressive and the spiel sounds good but I dont buy it.

slimbill

Home Country
Pakistan
Dont know what it is but I could never see any army as SF if religion comes first over everything else , corruption is also rife in third world countries hence rank is often based on who you are/know rather than what you are capable of , a recipe for disaster if ever there was one., sure the photos look very impressive and the spiel sounds good but I dont buy it.
What you say about corruption is true but the army over here stays largely corruption free due to the fact that it has more or less severed all ties with politics. It is not unheard of that enlisted men rise through the ranks to become high ranking officers. The current Chief of Staff started out as a second lieutenant and is now a four star general.

As for the SSG, i dont know about their combat capabilities but their physical training borders on the bestial. Feel free to ask if you want to know more. I know someone who served in the SSG. :)

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
Slovenia
What you say about corruption is true but the army over here stays largely corruption free due to the fact that it has more or less severed all ties with politics. It is not unheard of that enlisted men rise through the ranks to become high ranking officers. The current Chief of Staff started out as a second lieutenant and is now a four star general.

As for the SSG, i dont know about their combat capabilities but their physical training borders on the bestial. Feel free to ask if you want to know more. I know someone who served in the SSG. :)
Well tell us what they are doing physically, how much do they run, march, push ups etc It would be interesting to know

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom

How can an Army severe ties with a government when it gets its funding and order`s from them ??

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
Slovenia
How can an Army severe ties with a government when it gets its funding and order`s from them ??
You don't know anything about Pakistan then ? Its not a democratic country nor communist or oligarchy like America :D (well they are officially probably a democracy) In Pakistan army takes over government every now and then, I wasn't following what going on there but I think after couple of years army gave them right to vote again and general that ruled country left the office. This is not solely in Pakistan however, Turkish army knows to threaten government to keep them in line (even though Turkey is probably best and longest democracy in Muslim world).

Sometimes when government can't do its job some other institution takes over, when Franco died there was large political crisis and to stop it king took over and decided there are going to be votes or something like that. This is just from top of my head as I remember so if anyone wants to correct me please do so.

slimbill

Home Country
Pakistan
I didn't mean the government, i meant having anything to do with politics. The army dabbled in politics a few years back during the start of the war on terror and everything got ****ed up. What i meant was that they stopped putting their finger in the leadership pie. The Pakistan army has always sort of functioned on its own and there have been many problems between the government and the military. Since independence, the army has taken part in 3 separate coups against the government. They don't really get along very well.

G.I. Joe

Ratings
Home Country
New Zealand
Wow - this sounds like a fun place to be and a great military to be involved in.... :/ - lol

slimbill

Home Country
Pakistan
You don't know anything about Pakistan then ? Its not a democratic country nor communist or oligarchy like America :D (well they are officially probably a democracy) In Pakistan army takes over government every now and then, I wasn't following what going on there but I think after couple of years army gave them right to vote again and general that ruled country left the office. This is not solely in Pakistan however, Turkish army knows to threaten government to keep them in line (even though Turkey is probably best and longest democracy in Muslim world).

Sometimes when government can't do its job some other institution takes over, when Franco died there was large political crisis and to stop it king took over and decided there are going to be votes or something like that. This is just from top of my head as I remember so if anyone wants to correct me please do so.
Yep, theres the more intelligible reply compared to mine.

slimbill

Home Country
Pakistan
Well tell us what they are doing physically, how much do they run, march, push ups etc It would be interesting to know
The initial selection is pretty tame, pretty similar to what the legion asks for on its website. 30 to 40 push ups in under a minute etc. Running a mile in under 7 minutes or something. The real brutal stuff is when you get in. Before i go on, what you need to understand is that Pakistan is a poor country with a lot of violence and turmoil. Human suffering doesn't really matter and pain is meant to be ignored.

During training, the recruits aren't allowed to walk in the open. If they are outdoors they have to run at full tilt. Like, if you walk out of the mess to head towards your barracks, you run there. This is supposed to instill the concept of not staying in the open.

A favorite punishment that they employ is rolling somebody up in a carpet and tossing them down a short hill. This is repeated depending on the offense. Another form of punishment which is also part of training is tying somebody to a wooden plank and tossing them into a river. The goal isn't to untie yourself but to untie yourself before a specific point in the river. If you do it after that, you fail and have to do it again. I'm not sure whether they still do this because the person who told me this said that somebody in his group broke a hip on a rock and they put a stop to this for the rest of their training.

Another thing i was told is that during guerrilla training, you are thrown into this large pipe which is completely dark, like a large sewage pipe. And you have to find your way out by feeling the air currents. At intervals, your fellow recruits who wear night vision goggles appear and try their level best to beat the crap out of you and then disappear. The person who told me this said that when he finally saw the opening of the tunnel, he stepped out and was completely blinded by the sun, then he got a boot in the face which knocked him out. The apparent reason for this was that when appearing out of dark areas into bright you cant really see, so to test whether there are hostiles about you should expose your foot or arm first to see if there is any gunfire.

Keep in mind i have never been in the SSG or know of any of its training methods first hand. All this has been told to me by people who served in the SSG.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom

You are right , I dont know much about Pakistan but I do know armies cost billions of dollars to finance and who ever holds the purse strings ( the treasury ) calls the shots.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
The initial selection is pretty tame, pretty similar to what the legion asks for on its website. 30 to 40 push ups in under a minute etc. Running a mile in under 7 minutes or something. The real brutal stuff is when you get in. Before i go on, what you need to understand is that Pakistan is a poor country with a lot of violence and turmoil. Human suffering doesn't really matter and pain is meant to be ignored.

During training, the recruits aren't allowed to walk in the open. If they are outdoors they have to run at full tilt. Like, if you walk out of the mess to head towards your barracks, you run there. This is supposed to instill the concept of not staying in the open.

A favorite punishment that they employ is rolling somebody up in a carpet and tossing them down a short hill. This is repeated depending on the offense. Another form of punishment which is also part of training is tying somebody to a wooden plank and tossing them into a river. The goal isn't to untie yourself but to untie yourself before a specific point in the river. If you do it after that, you fail and have to do it again. I'm not sure whether they still do this because the person who told me this said that somebody in his group broke a hip on a rock and they put a stop to this for the rest of their training.

Another thing i was told is that during guerrilla training, you are thrown into this large pipe which is completely dark, like a large sewage pipe. And you have to find your way out by feeling the air currents. At intervals, your fellow recruits who wear night vision goggles appear and try their level best to beat the crap out of you and then disappear. The person who told me this said that when he finally saw the opening of the tunnel, he stepped out and was completely blinded by the sun, then he got a boot in the face which knocked him out. The apparent reason for this was that when appearing out of dark areas into bright you cant really see, so to test whether there are hostiles about you should expose your foot or arm first to see if there is any gunfire.

Keep in mind i have never been in the SSG or know of any of its training methods first hand. All this has been told to me by people who served in the SSG.
I heard that in the Legion they bury you up to your neck in sand and cover you with honey so the insects eat your face :)

Ginge N

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
England
I heard that in the Legion they bury you up to your neck in sand and cover you with honey so the insects eat your face :)
That's right. BUT it's very easy to get yourself out. You just use your hands to remove the sand from your neck too the top of your head, you can also breath better as well :).

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Ratings
99 2
Home Country
Canada
I can't say it never happened in the past, but I never saw or heard that happening during my time. However, Company Dicipline is another story.

Most viewed threads of the week