Something about Algeria

Well... Like many of those web sites, they convey a form of "Good ol' French Algeria nostalgia" (and that's the kindest comment I can make). Not saying the information is not interesting, but take it with a pinch of salt. It wasn't all rosy in colonial Algeria...

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Well... Like many of those web sites, they convey a form of "Good ol' French Algeria nostalgia" (and that's the kindest comment I can make). Not saying the information is not interesting, but take it with a pinch of salt. It wasn't all rosy in colonial Algeria...
True enough.

I have elderly French friends who left and returned to mainland France.
Independence for Algeria was today in 1962.
03/07/1962. A sad day for many but now simply history.

Auroris56

Pro Member
I think the French are f-ing awesome when it comes to politics. They remind me of America, that being they always have their hand in something, and Soldiers get to earn their keep. Or at least try. I know it can be mostly boring and quiet though. Either way America has been at war for the past 16 years. It's a lot quieter now. But soldiers do get a chance to catch a ride to the Middle East and earn their life story.
France also has bad ass geography, that being it's right smack in the middle of everything. With two different accesses to the ocean, and it leaves Spain and Italy cut off. The French can go wherever they want.

Q. What separates the humans from animals ?

A. The Mediterranean... or the English channel, La Manche in French, or as we commonly call it, "the Italian sea ", if you prefer.

Most viewed threads of the week