a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some clarifications

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Hello to all members of this forum!
I'm new on this forum , but I read many many topics about and I found very useful information. I'm 18 years old and planning to go to France on May 28 this year. I have a few unanswered questions.
• I can run 10 km in 55 minutes , i can do 15 pull-ups pretty easily , and 100 push-ups and I walk 6-7 km with 13 kg every weekend.. Is it good or do I need to improve my condition more?
• about medical part, is was operated of inguinal hernia when i was 1 year old, and I have 2 scars. I never experienced pain or anything else and maybe I could bring some documentation if i can find some. Do, you think I can pass medical test ?
• I talked to a legionnaire and he said that to go in Aubagne only with my passport , and leave my id cart at home ? Dut he didn't tell me why.
Sorry for any writting mistake my English is my second language

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Hi, Marius and welcome
Impressive scores, if true!
You have until the 28 th of May to improve, go for it (there is always room for improuvement, why not ? )
Hernia. ..medicin chef will decide (but you will not mention it, understand ? )
How tall are you ?
What is your weight ?
Eye sight, ok ?
Teeth healthy ?
Éducation ?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Marius77,

Welcome to the forum. Go on May 28 as a birthday present to me when I shall be 79 ! Yes it is true.
Bonne chance mon brave.
Chas trained by former WW2 Cdos. Original Number ; RMV202910 (Mne) 20/06/1956.

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Hi, Marius and welcome
Impressive scores, if true!
You have until the 28 th of May to improve, go for it (there is always room for improuvement, why not ? )
Hernia. ..medicin chef will decide (but you will not mention it, understand ? )
How tall are you ?
What is your weight ?
Eye sight, ok ?
Teeth healthy ?
Éducation ?

thank you very much
i m 177 cm
72 kg athletic constitution
yeah my eyesight is ok
i will finish my highschool
i know english and basic french
i dont have a teeth from mandibula, but others are in great shape
it just falls of and no other grew up..
but the scars are visible , the doctor maybe will said is ok? if i will be asked , shall i say that i have operation or not??

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Marius77,

Welcome to the forum. Go on May 28 as a birthday present to me when I shall be 79 ! Yes it is true.
Bonne chance mon brave.
Chas trained by former WW2 Cdos. Original Number ; RMV202910 (Mne) 20/06/1956.

i wish you happy birthday in advance , and thank you for support it motivates me

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Wisdom teeth have not appeared, right ? At 18, i wouldn't think so, anyway, its to be expected (age etc )

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Wisdom teeth have not appeared, right ? At 18, i wouldn't think so, anyway, its to be expected (age etc )
the wisdom teeth did not appear, but if it does , what should i do?
what about thing with passport ? do you have any idee why is should leave my id at home?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
i think i cannot pass the airport check in only with passport , but i will search a lil bit

Id is document recognized only by your country. Yes here in Serbia it's mandatory to have ID with you all the time. So if police ask you for ID on airport and you don't have it with you they can give you 50€ ticked (usually they do not that). In normal countries it's enough to have only one ID document with your (passport)

Ask how things works in Romania, but once fly away country you don't need ID card for sure.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Welcome. I'd say the legionnaire who told you about the ID was so that you would have a back up. If you desert, you will need some sort of ID. Also If you get in and then want to get another passport to go home, the ID may/will come in handy. But for sure the legion does not require anything else but a passport.
The wisdom teeth may be a bit of a problem. If you are under age and trying to join with a fake passport the dentist will see straight away. And of course the passport will be thoroughly checked out.

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
i think i cannot pass the airport check in only with passport , but i will search a lil bit
Wrong, on the airport they prefer passports and outside Schengen you need a passport

In europe a passport is considered an id

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Welcome. I'd say the legionnaire who told you about the ID was so that you would have a back up. If you desert, you will need some sort of ID. Also If you get in and then want to get another passport to go home, the ID may/will come in handy. But for sure the legion does not require anything else but a passport.
The wisdom teeth may be a bit of a problem. If you are under age and trying to join with a fake passport the dentist will see straight away. And of course the passport will be thoroughly checked out.
no i dont want to desert, but i didnt know why he told me that , and my passport is not fake and i dont want to cheat, i just asked

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Marius , when and if you come to France. ..bring both your pass-port and identité carte. .why fly, when you can roll like a Roumanie ? It's cheaper too (i have roumainian freinds here in Nîmes, who travel back and forth, France Roumanie, by bus, Euro lines (will cost you less and the controls, if any, are just formalities )
Until then, prepare your physical. ..check up at the dentist and make sure that you are able to do at least 7 pull ups (10 would be better = marge , you say you can but the Legion way )Btw, ...you can swim ? Can you do 10, 15,20 or 25 mètres under water (am curious )
Explain to me, your éducation

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Marius , when and if you come to France. ..bring both your pass-port and identité carte. .why fly, when you can roll like a Roumanie ? It's cheaper too (i have roumainian freinds here in Nîmes, who travel back and forth, France Roumanie, by bus, Euro lines (will cost you less and the controls, if any, are just formalities )
Until then, prepare your physical. ..check up at the dentist and make sure that you are able to do at least 7 pull ups (10 would be better = marge )Btw, ...you can swim ? Can you do 10, 15,20 or 25 mètres under water (am curious )
yeah i can swim pretty well both underwater and normal and hold my breath underwater for more than 1 min
i did scuba diving with my dad while we was in australia
my teeth are in good shape , but i had one missing teeth.
and hope i will pass medical exam despite my scars
i will follow your advice and bring both (passport and id card)
thanks a lot

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
yeah i can swim pretty well both underwater and normal and hold my breath underwater for more than 1 min
i did scuba diving with my dad while we was in australia
my teeth are in good shape , but i had one missing teeth.
and hope i will pass medical exam despite my scars
i will follow your advice and bring both (passport and id card)
thanks a lot
maybe its cheaper to go by bus , but i think its 30 h long from România to France

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
i was operated when i was 1 year old or younger , inguinal hernia and i have 2 scars
i never had pains or anything and. im nervous about medical examinations

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Legion or not, avoid lifting heavy objects, if you can and if not, at least lift them properly
Reinforce (soft methods) your abdos