Actual or Former Legionnaire
- Aug 13, 2011
- Reaction score
- Back in Africa
- Best answers
- Home Country
Bollocks, Degueldre was shot for treason due to the putsch. If you intend to assassinate the President of La Republique you can expect an extreme penalty1) Is it true that they have upped the pull-ups at the accession centers from 4 to 10-15 just to get yourself trough the door recently?
Make sure you can do at least 10
2) Is it true that one is better off telling the truth at the gestapo interview instead of trying to mold the story into something that, shall we say, upps the chance for joining? (not that I would have anything to hide)
Lied my arse off to BSLE and got thru'
3) Is climbing rope a mandatory skill at any point during selection? And if you can't do 6 meters in 6 seconds only hands you drop out?
You could do hands only or hands and feet twice, no idea now
4) Is it true that the management wants you to spend your money on additional equipment despite being given standard issue kit, body armor, for example? Or a rucksack? (it would be desirable to buy a 'better one' so the majority of your earnings actually stays in France?)
Bought my own wet suit in the 5th Cie at Bonifacio
5) As for the martial preparation for the selection process, I found Stoengs training plan, which isn't practical for me, no woods in the vicinity.. Should one focus on push-ups, dips, Luc léger, général running and pull-ups mainly? Will it be enough?
Stoeng tells you exactly what you need to accomplish
6) Is it true that the 100 people deserting per year do so not because it is 'too hard' to endure life at the barracks (meaning it's much easier later- more freedom in general) but because they have unexpected family and other matters to tend to?
The stress is mental after you have achieved the rudimentary physical basics
7) A degree of flat feet, are they a problem?
Not for me, make the times/distance
8) How much of a plus is knowing 3-4 languages? And what about a university diploma?
9) Would you say being a légionnaire would enrich ones life somehow? I mean, I know various royalties have served in this institution, including the King of Serbia.
I understand that this is too subjective of a question, perhaps not clearly defined but do give it a shot. Enrichment means different things to different people.
Alan Seagar thought so
10) What about the likelihood of onset PTSD?
Bad dreams, howling nightmares and the night tremors are normal after combat experience
11) Can and will the legion sentance its légionnaires to death by firing squad if they commit a major breach of some written or unwritten rule? (not that I'm intending to do any of it surely, but I found a comment somewhere from a supposed ex légionnaire stating that his friend got shot for doing something forbidden.)