a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soldier back from French Guiana gets caught with 27 kilos of cocaine

twitch

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Only the most alert soldier ever with temp super strenghth, what's not to love? Jk kinda

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Well, the reason to why, are still to be determined, my guess, i am not defending him, but i will give him the benefit of doubt, he owes someone big money, or done something and they (the local mafia) have pressure on him, would be a scenario that is possible.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well, the reason to why, are still to be determined, my guess, i am not defending him, but i will give him the benefit of doubt, he owes someone big money, or done something and they (the local mafia) have pressure on him, would be a scenario that is possible.

Were he in the Legion would they protect him from mafias and gangsters? I`d guess some guys join the Legion because of that type of scenario ?

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
To be "protected" by the Legion, one needs to follow some rules (like keeping away from troubles, keeping low profile, especially if they gave you a new one). I agree with Don Pedro's hunch, but of course there is a whole story which we will not hear.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
What you may have done in the past, will eventually, jump up one day and bite you in the aft. There are stories going back to WW2 and post WW2, about people seeking revenge. Ok enough, it's not the topic.

Samtoo

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
Home Country
United States
The attempt at early retirement wasnt thought out too well. The REC brought back 'souvenirs' from Tchad....the first trip our officers kicked around our stuff, displayed on the tarmac in Marseille.......the second trip they had the PM, gendarmes and dogs.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Been there, done that, in all regiments i have served in, except 1 RE. And when the words "fouille des paquetages et les véhicules" Search the baggage and vehicles (depending on the missions.), on departure from the mission(s), they would spend the time it took, to find and (warm weather, of course.) on arrival (no fools, aye?) same procedure ( mostly early winter, full winter, or late winter in France). :D Be it, Istres, or the Airports in Paris, CDG 1 or 2.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Imagine getting caught. Dumbass, now live with the consequences.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Either way bro he's in some deep crap!!!

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
To be "protected" by the Legion, one needs to follow some rules (like keeping away from troubles, keeping low profile, especially if they gave you a new one). I agree with Don Pedro's hunch, but of course there is a whole story which we will not hear.
The Legion protection stops immediately if the legionnaire has done something contrary to the ‘Code d'Honneur’. And this accusation seems to be the case!!!

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
The Legion protection stops immediately if the legionnaire has done something contrary to the ‘Code d'Honneur’. And this accusation seems to be the case!!!
Where the **** does it say he's a Képi Blanc?

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Where the **** does it say he's a Képi Blanc?
I think Loustic's remark was general and not related to this particular case. Having said that, you're right. As I pointed it out myself, nothing says in the article posted at the beginning of the thread that the soldier caught carrying cocaine is from the Legion.