a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skinny Guys

Renard.E

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
You have nothing to worry about, keep your weight at 81 kg. Myself, i mesure 174, i clocked in under 70 kgs when i joined, we weren't all 'chats maigres' or 'Racing snakes' some of the heavier guys sure had their hard time to keep up on the cooper. Now you are all blessed with the Luc Léger.

What was the reason why they change running test from Cooper to Luc Leger?

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Gaius,
One stone is 14lbs (Pounds). I joined aged 17. Eventually I was 5'7" and 142 lbs- fighting weight.
i.e. Ten stones 2 pounds. I was commissioned at 20 declining a para offer.
USMC height requirements 4' 10" to max of 6'8".
We were known as the lean, mean, green fighting machine. We ran and ran for miles!

You sounded quite the fearsome soldier, and a good one to be commissioned so young too. That's very rare from what I hear! It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
My BMI is 20.3 I pass but barely. I'm rather young at the age of 20 years, and I have a high metabolism combined with the amounts of physical activity I do. I will not boast about my prowess but I take good care of my body.

My body has a light frame, and low body fat. I wish I could be like some others, and have a few extra kilos on me, but I suppose I will get heavier should I pass selection and have some time under my belt.

Gaius, if you don't take one or two kilos, you risk to be ejected from selection ! So eat! eat! eat! and all that before you go !

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Gaius, if you don't take one or two kilos, you risk to be ejected from selection ! So eat! eat! eat! and all that before you go !

Gauis you basically just got ordered to carb load... Now carb load, carb load like your life depends on it.

I am in the other boat, well not other, my BMI is for the most part fine. I am 6'1 and 195lbs, but I am a larger framed individual than you are.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Gauis you basically just got ordered to carb load... Now carb load, carb load like your life depends on it.

I am in the other boat, well not other, my BMI is for the most part fine. I am 6'1 and 195lbs, but I am a larger framed individual than you are.

What should I eat? Just shove down burgers or something?

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Way ahead of you boss. About to start eating 5 times a day. I think I can get to 150lbs in a month right?

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Don't go apeshite over eating 5x a day, your metabolism, is identical to mine, i can eat an elephant and you wouldn't notice and not an ounce gained. :D

What would you recommend? Since our metabolisms are similar?

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
What was the reason why they change running test from Cooper to Luc Leger?

Here is why, min Vän. "They changed to the Luc Léger test, because the Cooper test, is imprecise and not really to an advantage to people that lack stamina, or, are cardiacs. I still think it's a darn good way to weed out couch potatoes."

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Democrazy and freedom, yer old enough to die for chicken shit and can't buy a beer before 21? Most retarded. :D

Exactly! Everyone else in the world typically says legal age is 16-18. Old enough to vote for politicians, buy tobacco, pay taxes, go to jail as an adult, and die for your country, but heaven forbid you drink a beer after a day's work oh no!!

"Democracy". My white ass lol

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Go to Canada or Mexico !

Canada maybe, my flight has a layover there for awhile so I might have a beer or two there. As for Mexico, hell no! I'm a white gringo "cowboy". Anywhere outside of Cancun, Tijuana, or Mexico City is bad for business.

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What would you recommend? Since our metabolisms are similar?

Going on what Don said, it's about what you eat not how you eat. Protein every meal of the day, throw in some rice, pasta, good carbs. Burgers and junk food ain't going to do shit for you.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Going on what Don said, it's about what you eat not how you eat. Protein every meal of the day, throw in some rice, pasta, good carbs. Burgers and junk food ain't going to do shit for you.

I'll eat rice and beef/chicken, throw in some shakes and some bread.