Screw it, I'm actually doing it but...

Nickfury

Top Member
Ratings
62 1
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
My advice for all wannabes is don't talk. Train hard and just do it if you want it. Do it for yourself with no expectation of an internet pat on the back. Hold yourself accountable...or not, what you do or don't do is no ones business but your own.

Too many guys talk and talk and never do anything or don't meet "goals" they set online and end up setting themselves up for scorn and derision when they could have avoided it all by keeping their mouth shut and gone ...or not gone when they were really ready.

If you are going to the legion you shouldnt need anyone's approval or help or advice. You do it for you and you do it on your own. No one needs to know you plans, keep your own counsel and live by your own laws. Be a ******* man, make your own decisions and live with those decisions.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

Home Country
Georgia
My advice for all wannabes is don't talk. Train hard and just do it if you want it. Do it for yourself with no expectation of an internet pat on the back. Hold yourself accountable...or not, what you do or don't do is no ones business but your own.

Too many guys talk and talk and never do anything or don't meet "goals" they set online and end up setting themselves up for scorn and derision when they could have avoided it all by keeping their mouth shut and gone ...or not gone when they were really ready.

If you are going to the legion you shouldnt need anyone's approval or help or advice. You do it for you and you do it on your own. No one needs to know you plans, keep your own counsel and live by your own laws. Be a ******* man, make your own decisions and live with those decisions.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk
this is literally kind of advice ive given people online, meanwhile im bi**hing on ffl forum lol
this thread is reality check/10
growing pair probably is thing i should invest in

thedushan

Home Country
Serbia
Hey randomdude,

I've actually done something similar (i guess, you didnt mention what it is) to the labor job you have mentioned here. In my experience although it is physically exhausting i dont find it as a suitable preparation for FFL as far as fitness is concerned. In my opinion you should keep it simple and focus on blasting the tests (pull ups, luc leger, etc.)

However on the mental side it was really usefull, for me at least. Getting out of comfort zone was one, living with people you dont know in sub par conditions, sometimes hungry, often in harsh weather conditions, always someone above your head yelling because he thinks he hired a Bobcat excavator and not a human being 😃 Some of those things you might find in FFL but you wil need mental toughness to deal with all that.

Home Country
Georgia
Hey randomdude,

I've actually done something similar (i guess, you didnt mention what it is) to the labor job you have mentioned here. In my experience although it is physically exhausting i dont find it as a suitable preparation for FFL as far as fitness is concerned. In my opinion you should keep it simple and focus on blasting the tests (pull ups, luc leger, etc.)

However on the mental side it was really usefull, for me at least. Getting out of comfort zone was one, living with people you dont know in sub par conditions, sometimes hungry, often in harsh weather conditions, always someone above your head yelling because he thinks he hired a Bobcat excavator and not a human being �� Some of those things you might find in FFL but you wil need mental toughness to deal with all that.
thats what i was trying to say mate. most of wannabes are most likely young guys like me, so most likely not used to be treated like crap, so labor job will get us some idea all around, i mean i absolutely hate doing it, but thats the point behind it, and i was trying to make that point with this thread too, but went full internet clown instead because i was bored

Home Country
Georgia
randomdude what random labor do you do?
currently shamshing down some old house with sledgehammer and newly acquired buddies, then loading all waste on truck. when itsdone probs will start to work at same place, but now building some new building.
at least weather hasnt gotten too bad yet, i havent gotten used to it too and im still half man after work, but not as bad as first time, also its kinda fun, like its 50% working and another 50% laughing our asses of at some stupid jokes

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
currently shamshing down some old house with sledgehammer and newly acquired buddies, then loading all waste on truck. when itsdone probs will start to work at same place, but now building some new building.
at least weather hasnt gotten too bad yet, i havent gotten used to it too and im still half man after work, but not as bad as first time, also its kinda fun, like its 50% working and another 50% laughing our asses of at some stupid jokes
yap :), it's interesting phenomenon that guys start to laugh on stupid jokes while working hard. Or you in Georgia? How much did they pay you for that per hour?

You know, "Screw it, I'm actually doing it " shouldn't be an answer for question "Would you join FFL?". ;)

Home Country
Georgia
yap :), it's interesting phenomenon that guys start to laugh on stupid jokes while working hard. Or you in Georgia? How much did they pay you for that per hour?

You know, "Screw it, I'm actually doing it " shouldn't be an answer for question "Would you join FFL?". ;)
its not hourly, and its like 15 euros for 7 hours, it may sound slave labour by west standards, but u can surive a day easily with 7 euros lol living is cheap and even cheaper because i live in small town, (unless u drive car obviously.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NuuJQT8ZM
basically its like this
also u gotta laugh it off when you are forcely doing stuff u dont enjoy i guess

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
its not hourly, and its like 15 euros for 7 hours, it may sound slave labour by west standards, but u can surive a day easily with 7 euros lol living is cheap and even cheaper because i live in small town, (unless u drive car obviously.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NuuJQT8ZM
basically its like this
also u gotta laugh it off when you are forcely doing stuff u dont enjoy i guess
Totally feel you man. It's about same in my country. I think Serbia and Georgia share many things. Both were under Ottomans and Communism, both equally F-up today. etc.

Don't let your government convince you that life is so much cheaper in your country. It is cheaper in comparison to the EU, but surely isn't 5 or 10 times cheaper because for same job in EU you can earn 15 € for 1 hour. Here we need to work whole day for same cash. It's ridiculous.

Home Country
Georgia
Totally feel you man. It's about same in my country. I think Serbia and Georgia share many things. Both were under Ottomans and Communism, both equally F-up today. etc.

Don't let your government convince you that life is so much cheaper in your country. It is cheaper in comparison to the EU, but surely isn't 5 or 10 times cheaper because for same job in EU you can earn 15 € for 1 hour. Here we need to work whole day for same cash. It's ridiculous.
damn commies man, funniest part about it is older people still wet their pants over it, meanwhile they would have gotten shot simply for going into church or celebrating something related to religion..or even for having more than 1 cow lol.... we both in same kind of boat .... also every new guy who shows up in politics field, gets praised as new messiah, then he fs us over, well there comes another messiah, repeat..
also the main reason eastern euros usually move to west eu is obvious pay, work 3-4 years and go back to their country.
funniest part is all they do with their hard earned money, buy most expensive and most unreliable/expensive to run shiny cars, waste it on whores and drugs instead of starting business/doing something more smart with it and actually making life more better in long run... i have nothing against cars, but damn uy best for your money(its their money but damn) like have family too, because family is whats gonna keep us sane in long run lol, at least i believe so, crappy mentality is whats holding us back my dude, no wonder we get made fun of on daily basis....
wow im so wise and so much better than them huh
there are obviously good things too about eastern eu/caucasus but its hard to be optimistic, its like looking for needle in damn straw lol... but gotta try best at least, nones gonna spoonfeed us

Nurman

Home Country
Georgia
Hello fellow compatriot in which brigade did you serve and when if it's not secret :D I was in GSOF, oh and your english is very good for a regular conscript if i remember correctly in my platoon only like 5 guys could speak english xD

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom