Screw it, I'm actually doing it but...

well hello everyone. had some plans back in the day, but somehow went off the track, ive been thinking about joining all along, worked some crappy/alright jobs, had mantadory military service, went little bit forward in life all around but whatever, here im now and will knock on door when spring comes next year. thats it, this is sworn i dont give damn...
so even more im running short on time.
first, i know all this may sound like tumblr blogpost, and might make u cringe or laugh ur ass off because its actually funny and little sad at same time(sad from my perspective of course)

first, i have watched some documentaries and most wannabes looked kinda out of shape, either damn skinny or skinnyfat, ive felt better and confident about myself and thought i have some decent chances. actually i can easily do 15 pullups/dips, run under min standard, do 50/60+ pushups all basics etc.. can imrprove even more by spring obviously. generally above average joe, felt confident in short. now i kinda think my mindset will be sold in legion selection more expensively than my sweaty pecs, here is story.
i applied for labor job few days ago, got hired and had my first day at work. ill admit, some alcoholic tradies crushed my nacrisist ass, no meantalk, making fun of or anything, (i would not burst out crying in tears but whatever) they all were really nice and freidnly to me if that matters. heres what happend, i was half dead while these workhorses looked like they were chilling on most perfect beach on earth and sipping cuba libre having greatest time on earth you could etc etc etc...
funny i was actually about to join up back in the day, parents drama kept me back, and thank god it did, im more fit now and imagine what a disaster it was going to be then.. (now they gave up larping as shakesphere, thank god)
im really thinking of doing labor job all winter now, because i feel like it will make me more ,,rugged'' (not in urban lumberjack way :D )
is that good idea or im just being overthinking
what do you think
i didnt really feel like posting here for some reason, but i got dude learn stem and drown in poon why ud risk dying kind of replies on other boards, so seems like actual discussion is possible only here.
anyway feel free to to mock me if u want to, i wont kill myself but please actual tips first and heartpiercing jokes second :D

Hello randomdude,

First things first, welcome to the fourm. The Anciens will be along soon with some sound advice in the meantime if you have any specific questions try the search bar, everything has been pretty much talked about and answered somewhere here before, enjoy.

Hello randomdude,

First things first, welcome to the fourm. The Anciens will be along soon with some sound advice in the meantime if you have any specific questions try the search bar, everything has been pretty much talked about and answered somewhere here before, enjoy.
Are you a bot :D? That's some weird reply.
Sure i know, and it's obvious, but discussing something over and over wont hurt, since we are all striving for perfection aren't we? Also i wanted to share story about my hurt feelings lol. Anyway im dead serious about labor job, is this actually good idea man the *-ing up wise, anyone with experiences wouldn't hurt, i mean i would ask my coworkers, but it wouldd be really awkward

Haha no I'm not a bot. Yeah it's pretty obvious, but obvious is not everyone's strong point :rolleyes: there are some "interesting" people on here :D

Anyway, I'm not sure what difference a couple of months working will make to you making it in the legion. You sound like your fitness is up to par so no need to wait unless you legitimately have too.

Haha no I'm not a bot. Yeah it's pretty obvious, but obvious is not everyone's strong point :rolleyes: there are some "interesting" people on here :D

Anyway, I'm not sure what difference a couple of months working will make to you making it in the legion. You sound like your fitness is up to par so no need to wait unless you legitimately have too.
idk man, labor i did today was first time i actually felt out of my comfort zone
sure ive gone in winter for walk/backpacking (main reason was getting ready for ffl honestly, did it in melting hot days too :D) but this was something different, i mean how am i supposed to pass ffl selection/basic camp if doing labor makes me cry like little girl, really blew my confidence down
also i guess i have to, cuz i wont get to france from here without having insurace and some money on my bank account it actually gets checked, some new law been in since autumn
its called visa free shcengen law or something else, too lazy to look up, but im sure its there

I think no matter how ready you are, physically and mentally, there will be times in training and probably throughout your military career that will take you out of your comfort zone. From a few stories on here that I've read it's sometimes the super fit guys that get sent home. Kinda like Australia then, my sister went there to work and had to have a certain amount in her bank before going.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
I don't know how that labor thing will help you, but if you think it will, fine. If you never did before it could be useful.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
IRL_legion what media in Ireland talking about Conor McGregor beating up that criminal and now have to hide. What you think is that real thing or just good marketing?

I don't know how that labor thing will help you, but if you think it will, fine. If you never did before it could be useful.
well, i think it will help me in dealing with doing stuff i dont enjoy and taking it more easy, its million precent chance superiors in legion will throw things to make my mind go off, i think this might work for getting ready for it

huh mcgregor is oddly crazy dude for sure

thats literally what im saying my dude
off topic but i heard wages in australia are alright tho. maybe aussies will disagree cuz they are used to it
Yeah the wages are good but the cost of living is way higher too so kinda cancels it out, rent in the cities is crazy.

Dusa is right though, if you think it will help your chances then go for it. Besides the money will help with you getting to france and if the legion doesnt work out you might have a chance to get your old job back so probably not a bad idea to do it for the few months.

if u dont make it in legion, im just kidding....
it hurts my feelings :D
You started off with hurt feelings in this post and now you've gotten them hurt again mabey you do need that job to make you more rugged lol just kidding... all I'm saying is keep your options open you never know what might happen at selection and you not make it for one reason or another, it wouldn't hurt to have a job to fall back on.

IRL_legion what media in Ireland talking about Conor McGregor beating up that criminal and now have to hide. What you think is that real thing or just good marketing?
Hard to know for sure Dusa, he's been known to be friendly with a few of them guys anyway so could be just a stunt to keep his name relevant while not fighting. He supposedly told the gang if they want him to come get him, either way it's good publicity for McGregor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most viewed threads of the week