a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rucksack and back carrying

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
Well, all my friends do their best all the time to gimme cigarettes/shisha to smoke but I have been standing my ground for 8 years now
On a side note, I only had one surgery throughout my life not really a surgery it was a minor one. Because of playing the guitar a lot i had something called ganglyon cyst grow in my rest and had to be removed it left a scar a small one like 1 cm wide and 4 cm tall but it doesn't bother me anymore. will this present any sort of problem?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Wallah leeh better to take la shay ?
Isn't it better to take nothing ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
I dunno why but my friends get flattered when I they convince me to try to smoke something. I guess to them I am a smoke virgin :ROFLMAO: but my previous lost career as a footballer taught me to always stay away from all smokes if you want to outrun everyone. I am sure it is the same case in the legion

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I don't smoke tobacco/weed/shisha I hate all sorts of smoking. Only downside is that all my friends smoke so a lot of smoke around me. I drink a maximum of two beers per week but usually one 350 ml 5% beer only per week and no hard liquor at all maybe once every 3 months:cool:
Don't go to the REP then!

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I dunno why but my friends get flattered when I they convince me to try to smoke something. I guess to them I am a smoke virgin :ROFLMAO: but my previous lost career as a footballer taught me to always stay away from all smokes if you want to outrun everyone. I am sure it is the same case in the legion
Meet a lot of orange aid people over the years fair play to you, but sorry in my day it was train hard and play hard us brits had a bit of a bad reputation for our drinking and messing about but on the hole we delivered the goods and also kept our company bar in profit 😊

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
Well, I ain't a party pooper. I know how to blend in. The thing is it is quite costly for me to get drunk because I have got a hard head. I am also trying to lose weight so drinking isn't good.
But no! If I make it in, nothing will ever keep of the REP!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Wouldnt replace one day taule for a Pld, for all the kro in the foyer. ..we had our own combines. ..and pizzas

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have at least 9 months ahead of me so plenty of time
since i was a child i always go everywhere with a backpack but not a heavy one for the past 5 years i wear it everywhere weighs around 3-5 kg so nothing serious really . I am buying a rucksack next month so hopefully i can find something good available

How long does it take to dry once you get out of the bath? And don't you find having it on in bed uncomfortable as think I would!😊

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

"Smoke virgin" :) Can you keep that for you self? OMG (Allah or whatever). Please don't share things like that if you ever get in FFL. It's just friendly advice, OK?

You know, Legion isn't what it was, but still most guys joining have some background of "interesting life before". I don't know man, It's just my assumption, but old ass greens here can confirm that (I hope so).

You know... (I think) in 80's If you would say to your mates that you don't smoke, don't drink, "Shaitan misguide you"... newer did some drugs!!! AAA I don't know, but I have some assumption that you wouldn't be accepted as you should to be. But best that guys who served in 80s and 90s tell us something about it.
(I'm not directing anyone towards alcohol and drugs, but , bla bla bla, Just be modest. And that work in almost every aspect of live)

Of course it's nothing good from drunks and junkies, but some lines have to exist, especially in FFL. If someone today think that he will make legion clear of alcohol and drugs... good luck with that! :)

Of course One (legionar) have to know pretty well when is time for drinking and when is time for being a professional soldier. That is crucial!

Why I'm saying this? I never really trusted guys who never drink, smoke... never done drugs. Never lied, never ... etc. they have never even farted in public. :)

Sorry guys. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't trust to that kind of people. you don't have to fall in that category, I'm just wild guessing. Prove me wrong !

Last edited:

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
If you decide to run / force march in the beach be EXTREMELY careful. It is a really good work out, since its way harder than paved and even dirt roads, but its very easy to injure your ankles.
I suggest only doing it with very good boots that support your ankles, and even then only going to the beach on your "low speed" days.
So are you suggesting that all those times we used to run from the camp down to Calvi and back on the beach was wrong
"Smoke virgin" :) Can you keep that for you self? OMG (Allah or whatever). Please don't share things like that if you ever get in FFL. It's just friendly advice, OK?

You know, Legion isn't what it was, but still most guys joining have some background of "interesting life before". I don't know man, It's just my assumption, but old ass greens here can confirm that (I hope so).

You know... (I think) in 80's If you would say to your mates that you don't smoke, don't drink, "Shaitan misguide you"... newer did some drugs!!! AAA I don't know, but I have some assumption that you wouldn't be accepted as you should to be. But best that guys who served in 80s and 90s tell us something about it.
(I'm not directing anyone towards alcohol and drugs, but , bla bla bla, Just be modest. And that work in almost every aspect of live)

Of course it's nothing good from drunks and junkies, but some lines have to exist, especially in FFL. If someone today think that he will make legion clear of alcohol and drugs... good luck with that! :)

Of course One (legionar) have to know pretty well when is time for drinking and when is time for being a professional soldier. That is crucial!

Why I'm saying this? I never really trusted guys who never drink, smoke... never done drugs. Never lied, never ... etc. they have never even farted in public. :)

Sorry guys. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't trust to that kind of people. you don't have to fall in that category, I'm just wild guessing. Prove me wrong !

Remember a day back in the early 80s we had a few jumps lined up in the morning for our company, weather took a turn wind got up and jumps cancelled due to strong winds, got stood down kit back parachutes back and few of us decided to go and have a little bit of green just to chill as you do, well as some of us do and did. Fu_k 2 hours latter its all back on weather sorted itself out about 6 of us stoned paranoia wandering if kit is on right I asked about 3 times for a kit check convinced my parachute was not on right head in a mess on the run up and to get hight but you no what once I had bailed out and the canopy was open hey what a jump stoned over Calvi then ground rush landed ok was a mad morning we all said never again as all of us had freaked out in different ways but parachuting stoned once the canopy opens is cool it is just the getting to that point that messes the head! As for drinkink well come on guys every time we had a company do or regiment do it was tables lined with wine and beer hard place to be a none drinker the stoners were a less known bunch but we did our job and did it well
Work hard play harder, fun times!!!!!!!!!!!!

Countdown

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
When reading about the legion in the 80´s you get the impression that there was a lot of Brits there, compared to nowadays where apparently east-europeans are in plural. I can see why there are many east-europeans today, and why there was a lot of Germans in the late 40´s and 50´s, but is it any particularly reason there was so many Brits in the 80´s?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
When reading about the legion in the 80´s you get the impression that there was a lot of Brits there, compared to nowadays where apparently east-europeans are in plural. I can see why there are many east-europeans today, and why there was a lot of Germans in the late 40´s and 50´s, but is it any particularly reason there was so many Brits in the 80´s?
I got impression that percentage of Brits is more or less constant through the years. As for East-Europeans, you can't put all in one group.

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
Dude read the whole comments, I drink beer regularly, I just don't smoke. I once finished a "zebeba" alone, that's a very cheap Egyptian alcohol that makes an absolute looks like water compared to it. A guy who I haven't seen since 5 years (last time he saw me I was very religious) came back from Russia with a Martini bottle and he couldn't believe that I finished over half of it and the guy couldn't believe that it was me drinking with him. People change. Don't worry about that. I thought I established a basis here that I am just Muslim by name and that I am not a Muslim anymore since 2015. What sort of a muslim eats pork, drinks alcohol and sleep with women bro. As a matter of fact, if people here figured out what I really do I'll be the new jesus on a cross :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's not about shaytan. All Egyptian soldiers here in Egypt finish at least 3 packs of very bad cheap cigarettes everyday in addition to hash. They set up road blocks and search your car if you have any hash they take it so that they can smoke it. They are the heaviest smokers you can ever meet. To me it is simple. You are going to be a soldier, sometimes you are going to run for your life might as well get yourself a healthy set of lungs to be able to live another day :) When you retire, You can smoke all you want.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea

Massive unemployment, low social consideration, violent + corrupt cops, ethnic tension, blacks, asian and irish protestant /catholic troubles.
Maggie Thatcher and torie government. ..who only catered for their own class
..some, like me, saw, "no future"

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What sort of a muslim eats pork, drinks alcohol and sleep with women bro.
Yeap, every true Muslim sleeps with a goat! :) ...Sorry mate, couldn't resist this low and ugly joke. ;)

Egyptian soldiers here in Egypt finish at least 3 packs of very bad cheap cigarettes everyday in addition to hash. They set up road blocks and search your car if you have any hash they take it so that they can smoke it. They are the heaviest smokers you can ever meet. To me it is simple. You are going to be a soldier, sometimes you are going to run for your life might as well get yourself a healthy set of lungs to be able to live another day :) When you retire, You can smoke all you want.

So they don't punish you then? It's a win-win situation. :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
How you came to be atheist from a very religious person? What clicked in your head?

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
How you came to be atheist from a very religious person? What clicked in your head?
I studied English literature that's the first thing. I got to study history and the history of all religions. I figured out that what we call myths in Islam is sacred in another culture and vice versa what they call myth is sacred in our culture so I eventually came up with the fact that all of this is man made 2nd thing is that my college is all made up of girls and you know as a muslim you are not allowed to have female friends just wives. When I started to befriend them they were so nice to me, they supported me through every rough time I went through and they have been there for me just like all my other guy friends. So, I started to question the morality of religion concerning genders you know. Why is it wrong to touch a female? I tried it and it actually didn't feel wrong at all be it a friend or a lover. 3rd thing all the things that are considered "haram" as i said before girls, then you have the food and the halal meat and the pork, alcohol, the swim suits, music, rock music, movies. I just came to the fact that this religion is so outdated I mean it would fit some people living in the middle ages but not the 21st century. 4th thing of course was the time during which the muslim brotherhood ruled the country, they are the main reason why all the youths in Egypt turned to atheism + of course ISIS and Al Qaeda and I am not talking about whether they represent the majority of muslims or not I am talking about the fact that literally like 80% of the regular muslims in the Egyptian streets actually do support them! These regular muslims are supposed to be the "not extremist open minded muslims" yet still they support ISIS, the brotherhood and Al Qaeda. So, I left it all. Quran, prophet, ahadeeth, mosque, veils all that shit doesn't really make sense to me anymore. I wouldn't call myself an atheist though, sometimes I feel I still believe in God other times I don't.
Fun fact about the goats. You know in the 7th century Arab youth when they were so horny used to ehm.....sleep with monkeys :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You know because it is "haram" to touch a woman. I mean look how fucked up it is already