a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent wounds and scares that never healed

land4romdwnunder

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
HONEST ANSWERS FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE IN OR WERE IN THE FRENCH LEGION.
I DONT WANT BULLSHIT!!

has anyone ever seen someone get rejected for wounds?

also some burns all over my back for ******* helping someone..
will they accept me for past and current injurrys?

i have military experience..and im fitter then ever.

have a nice day.

jsv

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It might help if you elaborated on the injuries, otherwise you probably will get "BULLSHIT".
Welcome to the forum and have a nice day too.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
It would depend on how those wounds were received ie during a police shootout and what kind of damage they may have done to your internal organs.

SeanG

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Hehehehe where do I start ?? OK guy, for a start you will have to be more specific :confused:
What type of wound is it? A wound from doing the garden i.e. pricking you finger on a thorn, drive by shooting, stab wound ? Until you explain then no answer:p;)

Stoeng

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
You got a huge mouth for a first question!!! Just take the plane to France and you can find out for yourself just like all of us did.
Ah... And before I forget: no, they do not accept people with recent bullet wounds!!

corvee de chotte

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
If your scars have never healed ?then no you will not be accepted as you will fail the medical ,best post some pics

land4romdwnunder

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
A tendon was cut in my right hand by one of those old fashion shaving blades that fold open, I don't know the name (cause of this the tip of my index finger has now bowed in).
A bottle in the other caused just as much harm in the other hand. An axe in the left hand shoulder blade when I was deployed into Indonesia.
Punctured lung in the past from a knife when i was young
and three bullet wounds that this guy I know was recently involved in.
The other small cuts and broken bones that i have had in the past am not to worried about. I also have a large surfing gang tatoo that I think they will not accept me for.
The scar that never healed was the 2nd degree burn on my lower back.

Stoeng

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Soooo?!?! Do you think this is some kind of preliminary selection place? From what I read of your description you are a flipping wreck that will have nothing to do in the Legion. However, nobody can judge your physical or mental state based upon your own and maybe clumsy and probably distorted description on the internet.
There is only one way to find out, take the plane, travel to France and join the place.

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
what do your mates call you ...lucky
sorry mate but you wont get in by the sound of it you been in the wars go take a nice safe job you and war dont mix

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As Flash said - "Lucky"... LOL

Besides anything else going on with history and criminal records (if any) that Stoeng may be able to advise about, the fact of the matter is that if you have scar tissue that won't heal, the spiders and creepy crawlies in most Outre Mer postings will just see you as a lunch box and eat you from the inside out with weeks of your arrival.

You'll be spending most of your contract fighting off potential infections in the infirmary by the sounds of it - and a sick soldier is an expensive soldier.

Not being cruel here - but it sounds as if you've already seen your fair share of excitement in this life . Why not train as an accountant or undertaker or something?

SeanG

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
A tendon was cut in my right hand by one of those old fashion shaving blades that fold open, I don't know the name (cause of this the tip of my index finger has now bowed in).
A bottle in the other caused just as much harm in the other hand. An axe in the left hand shoulder blade when I was deployed into Indonesia.
Punctured lung in the past from a knife when i was young
and three bullet wounds that this guy I know was recently involved in.
The other small cuts and broken bones that i have had in the past am not to worried about. I also have a large surfing gang tatoo that I think they will not accept me for.
The scar that never healed was the 2nd degree burn on my lower back.

Fcuk me have you got a certificate from the doc saying you are alive lol