[Question] Question about Les pionniers

IrishHermit

Ratings
Home Country
United States
Bonjour encore !

I have a question about les pionniers and their beards. In this video clip the legionnaires are wearing a very full beard while other men's beards appear to be trimmed. Are there any rules about how long or full a beard that a pioneer can wear?

Merci pour votre aide.

Tom

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
675 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Bonjour encore !

I have a question about les pionniers and their beards. In this video clip the legionnaires are wearing a very full beard while other men's beards appear to be trimmed. Are there any rules about how long or full a beard that a pioneer can wear?

Merci pour votre aide.

Tom
Hi Tom,

I don't think there is any laid down rules on that subject. I worked with two pionniers as jail wardens in 5RE. Both had short beards, they used to be painters in 1 RE. I know that the day after the St Barbe they both shaved off their beards. It was in the beginning of December, an old tradition I believe. Maybe Martin can throw some light on this.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Hi Tom,

I don't think there is any laid down rules on that subject. I worked with two pionniers as jail wardens in 5RE. Both had short beards, they used to be painters in 1 RE. I know that the day after the St Barbe they both shaved off their beards. It was in the beginning of December, an old tradition I believe. Maybe Martin can throw some light on this.
Joe I was never a pioneer brother. Assault Pioneer in a former life but never in the Legion.

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom