a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qualification question

ninja00

Reaction score
Hello, I'm 22 years of age and live in Sweden. I have thought about joining The Legion and leaving the mortal life behind.
My first question is, I have perfect vision, but it is not as wide as it should be because I have very little vision on my left eye, but being born with it my right eye has compensated and I have excellent vision except it's as I said not as wide. For an example I'm allowed to drive vehicles. Regarding this, does this limit my chances to become a member of a special ops unit such as the paratrooper corps in the Legion, or even limit my chances to get into the Legion at all? Considering I match all other qualification for it.
My second question is, how much action will I see as an active soldier of the Legion?
Third question, what role does the Legion pay in anti terrorism?

Thank you.

Bram

Reaction score
Home Country
Belgium
How can your vision be perfect when you can't see excellent with your left eye? You can't see what is happening on the left side like someone that has 2 perfect eyes. I think you would also have trouble with your depth sight so you will probably have trouble with judging distances.
You can always go over there and see what happens.
Your other questions I can't answer, I'm am not a legionnaire. But I'm sure they'll see more action then the Belgian or Swedish army.

ninja00

Reaction score
Well perfect might have been a bad choice of word but its still as good as an average Joe, exept the width factor.

I do not have any problems with depth or judging distances, since its compensated since birth.

And on another note, I see why you compared witht he Swedish army since I'm Swedish, but why with the Belgium? Do you think theres some connection between these countrys or that they are even close to each other?

californiajai

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
As far as seeing action in the Legion...ummm let me see, as i look into the great crystal ball....ahla bihm ahla......oh i see that in the year of then Rat the Legion will see hard times in....oh crap, my crystal ball just shut down, must be a virus!!

No, for real though...what kind of question is that, how in the hell are we supposed to know what your chances are in seeing action when you go in??? REally, think before you ask, please. "IF THE LEGION GOES TO COMBAT WHEN YOUR IN THE LEGION, YOU MAY GET A CHANCE IF YOUR IN THE RIGHT REGT. AT THAT TIME AND IF ITS YOUR CIE THAT GOES AND IF YOUR SECTION CHEF WANTS YOU TO GO.

Do you see what im saying man, we wont know that stuff. As for the eyesight question, as long as you can read the damn eye chart good then you should be fine till your on the rifle range then who knows, but you should be fine in Aubagne. Anti-terror question, there is no dedicated unit for CT but the Legion deploys to combat terror.

Hope that helped you a little, i was a bit of a twat with ya but if your gonna go to the Legion, you'd best get used to it, mate!\

Mle 187-828

Bram

Reaction score
Home Country
Belgium
I serve in the Belgian army. I was talking about my own experience. There is no money for the army so they don't do a lott of foreign missions. Isn't the Swedish army in the same situation?