Proverbes français

Bizaum

Home Country
Brazil
How fluent do you have to be in French to become a Corporal, or do you have to just be 'Legion French' Fluent? lol
I guess it depends on which caporal course you are going to be sent to. Theres one at Castel (the hard one) which you can be sent to directly after basic (and a preparation period), and theres the one that is shorter and is done on the regiment, for guys who have been in like 4, 5 years or so. I think the guys who learn french quickly are going to end up in the former, and the dyslexic ones who take 3 years to learn a new lang in the later... but also I've never been there and I guess theres more to getting promoted than speaking french.

A1200

Ratings
Home Country
Greece
In my opinion it's is not the language that is important to become a corporal but to have balls of steel ino order to be in lead fo bad ass mother feckers,other way you will not have be respected,so the question is not how fluent you speak french but if you have the guts and if you worth enough to be respected as a small leader.

Stormbringer

Super Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
Bulgaria
I guess it depends on which caporal course you are going to be sent to. Theres one at Castel (the hard one) which you can be sent to directly after basic (and a preparation period), and theres the one that is shorter and is done on the regiment, for guys who have been in like 4, 5 years or so. I think the guys who learn french quickly are going to end up in the former, and the dyslexic ones who take 3 years to learn a new lang in the later... but also I've never been there and I guess theres more to getting promoted than speaking french.
I think the first one that produces Caporeax "fut-fut" does not exist anymore.

CanadianFFL

Super Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
Canada
L'argent est le nerf de la guerre. = Money is the sinew of war.

Décrocher la timbaleé. = Make the the cut.

La meilleure défense c'est l'attaque. = Attack is the best form of defence.

Quand on veut, on peut. = Where there is a will, there is a way.

Têtu comme un âne. = Stubborn as a mule. (One of my favorites)

Chacun pour soi, et Dieu pour tous. = Every man for himself and devil take the hindmost.

Au danger on connaît les braves. = Calamity is the touchstone of a brave mind.

Donner du fil a retordre. = Give someone a hard time.

Ratings
884 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
A man with a beard ressembles his father
A man with out a beard ressembles his sister
A woman with tits ressembles her Mother
A woman with out tits ressembles her brother

maim

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
20 1
Home Country
New Zealand
Plus ca change....
Chacun sa merde
Kif man
Schlook (sp)
Merde alors

mm66

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
United States
I was fluent in French before I went, probably why they took me against all of my negative factors.

Most viewed threads of the week