Physical Fitness Test

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I have seen the standards to get into the legion. But is there a annual physical fitness test once in? If so what are the events and standards?

OP
T
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I'm Army now and I have been curious what their standards are once you are in.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi TheMrBond, I try not to answer someone's questions who hasn't taken the time to to introduce themselves.
It's kind of like walking into your local donut store and saying 'I'd like to know how much a donut is?' without say "good morning" and not adding on the all polite please at the end of the the question. ☕

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Practically every morning you will go on a long run. If not it's push ups sit ups etc. Whatever happens you will be doing sport each working day unless you are out in the field or on service. Then there are challenges, inter company challenges can be anything from swimming, cross country races football or rugby etc.
When you start a legion stage (course) you usually start with an 8Km run with full kit and rucksack, rifle and helmet to be completed in less than 1 hour.
Also, in the REP anyway, you do all your test TAP before going overseas i.e. 8 Km as previously mentioned, sit ups squats rope and pull ups. It depends on the company but it is usually just the 8 Km test. In the REP you run around the DZ which is clearly marked out 8000 metres, measured out by the BOI

Image courtesy of Pink Floyd
However don't let it worry you. Once you have finished with Castel you will be fit enough for any regiment. And once you are there, it's routine.

Most viewed threads of the week