Photosets of FFL

Perun

Super Active Member
Anyone seen this before?
Reminds me of "Džombometar": a small calendar, on one side a funny military themed picture (usually a soldier trying to get some) and 305 days on the other side for you to cross as they pass......
(never seen this one, looks like a postcard)

Sasa92

Super Active Member
Finally got around to uploading some of the pictures from the book Legionar written by former legionnaire Milorad Ulemek.

View attachment 4089 Legionnaire from 13DBLE with a Cheetah Redza, mascot of the 13DBLE stationed in Djibouti.

View attachment 4090 Legionnaire from the 2REP evacuate a injured child from an active war zone.

View attachment 4091 Calvi

Il upload a few more by the end of the week.

Attachments

okidoki

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
The 2 cats in my day were called mousha and maskali after the 2 islands of the coast of djib... they were running chained up next to 2eme CT

okidoki

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
With respect !!! that cat never see Chad ...the fellla in the pic is wearing a fourager of the 13 DBLE

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Finally got around to uploading some of the pictures from the book Legionar written by former legionnaire Milorad Ulemek.

View attachment 4089 Legionnaire from 13DBLE with a Cheetah Redza, mascot of the 13DBLE stationed in Djibouti.

View attachment 4090 Legionnaire from the 2REP evacuate a injured child from an active war zone.

View attachment 4091 Calvi

Il upload a few more by the end of the week.
I remember that cheetah in the 13. If you weren't in the CT (compagnie de travaux) it would chase you across their parade ground. It was attached to a cable there.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Part 2.
View attachment 4092 Alpine training in a urban environment

View attachment 4093 Member of CRAP jumps over top of Calvi, 2000 meters.

View attachment 4094
Sasa the abseiling could be the citadel in Calvi. Often the 2 CIE would train there. It wouldn't go amiss in summer when the tourists came to do it near the officers mess down to the public car park below. And of course these same legionnaires would be out on town that night. In case a pretty tourist han any questions to be answered.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
I meant that the picture of the base I uploaded was in Chad not the cat.
Could it be the base guarding the airport airstrip in Abeche? The REP logo is painted on the wall. But that would get repainted each time a regiment takes over epervier. A section at a time would go there. There is usually a commandant or experienced captain who would run it (from the regiment on epervier) with a skeleton crew for 4 months. I spent ten days there IF it is abeche. The 3rd cie and 4CIE took turns in doing guard there. One section from the 4CIE had for mission to do up the local school. The section I was with had to check if a track could be used by vehicles and so on.

Sasa92

Super Active Member
Could it be the base guarding the airport airstrip in Abeche? The REP logo is painted on the wall. But that would get repainted each time a regiment takes over epervier. A section at a time would go there. There is usually a commandant or experienced captain who would run it (from the regiment on epervier) with a skeleton crew for 4 months. I spent ten days there IF it is abeche. The 3rd cie and 4CIE took turns in doing guard there. One section from the 4CIE had for mission to do up the local school. The section I was with had to check if a track could be used by vehicles and so on.
I have no clue, the picture description said Chad and I myself am not very knowledgeable about Chad. I wish tho that the description was a bit more detailed then just a one liner. Joe what was the climate like? In the book it said that days would be above +40 and that a working day would start at something like 3 am due to the heat being low and during the day ( if me memory serves me right between the time the heat is at its highest) everyone goes into their rooms and waits till night.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Ä￾iện Biên Phủ
Not that many photos from the last days and the film reels that was taken, was destroyed, if not by the cameramen, then by time and weather. Last photo is that of an Lieutenant, if i remember well, he was from the 13 DBLE.

Don,

Perhaps I am behind on the times but I have heard the 13DBLE is no longer in dij bouti?. Is this true ans if so where is the REGIMENT now?.

Most viewed threads of the week