a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passport control in airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
With an attitude like that titty you will have a very hard time. Chill out

Mick , i didn't being here for a while and just now receive this message , let's move on . this incident (if you are talking about my intial message) is far back behind us , me and Joe replaced a mutual appologies long time ago in private (over month and half) no taste to discusses about it anymore , as i said it before just misunderstood , sometimes when people for different cultures meeting things you might say or do something, the other side could understand you completley wrong . think about it guys.

176607Mick

Unregistered
Mick , i didn't being here for a while and just now receive this message , let's move on . this incident (if you are talking about my intial message) is far back behind us , me and Joe replaced a mutual appologies long time ago in private (over month and half) no taste to discusses about it anymore , as i said it before just misunderstood , sometimes when people for different cultures meeting things you might say or do something that the other side could understand you completley wrong . think about it guys.

Nothing to move on from mate? Just stating a fact. End

Reaction score
Home Country
Mexico
Will I have to tell the immigration officers that I came with the idea of joining the Legion?

Reaction score
Home Country
Mexico
I'm from Mexico, and according to the foreign relations page, I do not need a visa. They only ask me for a valid passport at least 6 months before my trip, hotel reservation and medical expenses insurance. But my question is whether I would have problems with immigration if I indicate that I am going to try to join the Legion?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
My philosophy is do not give out any info, unless asked and even then... Keep it short and simple. Can imagine it now, at passport control, some over zealous fonctionnaire : chef, my sweet chef, I've just captured one of those sons of mayhem who says he wants to join la Légion !
Relax, if you are from Mexico and are visiting = no other justification is needed... Leave that for Aubagne.

Geneticcz

Reaction score
Home Country
Antarctica
I read in this thread multiple people saying to always have a return ticket to show at customs to make it easier, but how does one buy a two way ticket considering you don't know if you get kicked out after 2 days or maybe you get kicked out after 4 weeks? If one buys a two way ticket with like a month of time between arrival and return then ur fucked if u get kicked out in the first few days because ur stuck in France for a month which can be expensive and you're not supposed to take phones, credit cards or anything else with you to the Legion so?
Just curious how people have done this before or plan to do this.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
You buy a return ticket
You arrive
You try
You suceed
If not... You return

All in all, it is a big aventure whatever the outcome.

Geneticcz

Reaction score
Home Country
Antarctica
You buy a return ticket
You arrive
You try
You succeed
If not... You return (...)
The return ticket must have a date but you don't know if you will be done after 1 day, 1 week or maybe 1 month of selection before you could get kicked out. How does one decide when purchasing the ticket to go to France, what return date to choose?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
the return ticket must have a date. but you dont know if u make it through 1 day, 1 week or maybe 1 month of selection before you could get kicked out. how does one decide when purchasing the ticket to go to france, what return date to choose?

As long as you can, but have in mInd,nothing is guarented. ...it has always been like this
If you are running on a tight budget. ..i suggest you buy your self a one way ticket and have enougth money to buy a return in case of failure. ...where are you flying from ?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
As long as you can, but have in mInd,nothing is guarented. ...it has always been like this
If you are running on a tight budget. ..i suggest you buy your self a one way ticket and have enougth money to buy a return in case of failure. ...where are you flying from ?
Andy is right. Don't tell the immigration that you are going to join the legion, I mean they don't really need to know that with thousands of visitors going to France per day. Buy a one way ticket and IF asked, just say that you are going to be travelling around and do not know your point of departure for the moment. Just have a valid address back home in case they should verify.
Saying that, sometimes a return, or round trip, ticket works out cheaper than a one way. You just have to weigh up what day you knock on the door, how long you can expect to stay until they find out that you have flat feet, or color blind etc. Either way you are going to have to buy a return ticket if it does not work out.

However, not only should you count on having to buy a return ticket, you should plan for any possible medical tests. It's been said enough times, go and get a full medical check up before going and get ANY teeth seen to before leaving.

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
Well, for middle eastern countries and muslim countries like mine, you cannot really obtain a visa with a one way ticket plane. They won't give it to you unless it's a return. So, you have to keep in mind does the French embassy have any problems with your country? Do they feel like youth from your country tend to go to France and never come back again? If so, then your case is like mine you are forced to buy a return ticket. If you not then just save your money.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
It's not big difference in price between one way and return ticker. (at last here) . Here you can, buy really cheap tickets (or even full vacation arrangements) in december
Because travel agencies have deals with air companies so at the end of year they have a lot unused tickets witch then sell for 10% of price (at last here)

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
The return ticket must have a date but you don't know if you will be done after 1 day, 1 week or maybe 1 month of selection before you could get kicked out. How does one decide when purchasing the ticket to go to France, what return date to choose?
Buy a modifiable return ticket. A bit more expensive, but, even if you need to set a date for the inbound trip, you can modify it, at no cost, depending on your needs. Even ‘non-flexible’ tickets generally allow you to modify the travel dates, but then you'll have to pay a fee. Check with the travel agency.

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
I see this thread had jumped again, so just letting know i didnt hit aubagne again since then, was just about to bought a ticket and then some been through uneasy period , and i couldn't left the boundries for a while .
Now things are set up . Even through i can doing much better in another times.
Still my intuition say's something wrong i need to watch out before hit the gates.
Don't know why just wanted to share it ..

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Well, for middle eastern countries and muslim countries like mine, you cannot really obtain a visa with a one way ticket plane. They won't give it to you unless it's a return. So, you have to keep in mind does the French embassy have any problems with your country? Do they feel like youth from your country tend to go to France and never come back again? If so, then your case is like mine you are forced to buy a return ticket. If you not then just save your money.
Actually frenchopones tend more to come here with the one way ticket . But in my mind is always smart movemt to buy return ticket. I'm just totally ignorant about this whole process

Status
Not open for further replies.