a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our members' country of origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

33Lilacs

Reaction score
thebeni said:
Not at all. Jutland is a region of Denmark. England is a separate country, along with Wales, Scottland and Northern Ireland. Collectively they form Great Britain/United Kingdom. Granted GB/UK is referred to as a country but it's also referred to as a country made up of four smaller countries.Anyway ask most people from GB/UK and they will say they are either English, Scottish, Welch, or Northen Irish, and not British.
I agree with you. But I also know Scots who call themselves British... as well as people who call themselves Geordies (North East England) first, and English second...
It's more of an individual choice how you view yourself and your background.

joette ✞

In Memoriam....Retired and missed Mod ...
Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
33Lilacs said:
I agree with you. But I also know Scots who call themselves British... as well as people who call themselves Geordies (North East England) first, and English second...
Same in America. I know people (born and raised) who are as American as "you know the saying" and will say they are Italian or Irish or German etc. I know that is their heritage, but all in all they are American, I could say I'm German, French, Scottish, or American Indian...which one would I pick? 0..I just say American..it is called the melting pot. :)

thebeni

Reaction score
33Lilacs said:
Yeah, i know Geordies just like that, but Newcastle is a region not a country. I don't mind being called British but I'm English and in region terms a hedghog.

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
A Hedghog? Hah, this is the way here too alot of terms for different nationalities but we won't get into that.. :eek:

thebeni

Reaction score
That's good to know you're an earthling. If you weren't you might have people asking if you're Carbon or Silicone based life form :D

yatez 44

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
UK fellows were good mates. For accents some could not be understood, speaking English??You had to invent a whole new webster for that. Hell it took me a couple of years to speak American without a Brit accent?? :eek:

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
haha i speak French with a Scot,s dilect garde vo,a ya cu.ts gie me trante pump fu.kin tete du nue, and so on one ev said what i did to his lang was criminal haha couldn't agree more so gave him a beer instead of push ups lol
;)

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
French with a cockney accent, German and Spanish. And of course the Queen's English. Alright me old China.

cobra_hj

Reaction score
Home Country
China
thebeni said:
What about England? I'm English not British.
Er, may I ask a stupid question? What's the difference between English and British?

thebeni

Reaction score
England is its own country. The English language originated from there. Britain is the collective name of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northen Ireland.

Each have their own goverments but the English goverment has the majority power over the other 3.

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
English..only..a little german..ein.. swie.. three.. :D haha

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
flash010 said:
hmmm ish leber dish spelt wrong haha ;)
ish liebe dish........ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.