Not sure if this is the place for farewells

mark wake

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Pro Member
Premium Member
I have just been informed by a forum member that Gatorojo (aka Bart) passed away in his sleep on July 28. – RIP –
Adieu l'Ancien.
Thank you Rapace. I have a heavy heart today bro's. Let's just remember a good brother who has passed away.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
I have Bart's final PM I would like to share. This was received on July 24th. I wrote him and told him very deep personal things and how I appreciate him. I want to point out that this I removed my first name, but told him. I've just replaced it by my screen name DCLXVI. All else is the original PM, my heart is more then hollow with this news. Here is the final PM:

Thanks, DCLXVI, my friend. I wish you a full, rich life, we only get one, make the most of it! Grab it by the horns and take charge. You'll do well!

Bart

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Requiescat In Pace Bart. You passed away in your sleep and in no pain, this was what SarahLouise and I wished for you.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
I cannot help but post again. I hope very hollow at this point and I have decided that I am going to without fail live a richer and fuller life in Bart's honor. I am going to do my very best to get into the Legion and serve with honor for this amazing man. Call me a sissy for posting this, but I don't care. He was one of us here and will be truly missed, especially by me. Raise a glass to this man. Bart, you have profoundly effected my life and I will honor it by living the fullest and most honest one I know how to. Bless you and may you be soaring and completely free from the chains of life. You my friend sleep well and sleep in from time to time, you deserve it my friend. God bless you and your family, you have altered my way of thinking and my heart.
Thank you Bart.

mark wake

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Pro Member
Premium Member
I cannot help but post again. I hope very hollow at this point and I have decided that I am going to without fail live a richer and fuller life in Bart's honor. I am going to do my very best to get into the Legion and serve with honor for this amazing man. Call me a sissy for posting this, but I don't care. He was one of us here and will be truly missed, especially by me. Raise a glass to this man. Bart, you have profoundly effected my life and I will honor it by living the fullest and most honest one I know how to. Bless you and may you be soaring and completely free from the chains of life. You my friend sleep well and sleep in from time to time, you deserve it my friend. God bless you and your family, you have altered my way of thinking and my heart.
Thank you Bart.
I will hold you to that my friend! If you make it in the Legion I will send you my old para smock! God speed and thank you for your posts.

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Bart and I shared a few airborne stories, similar to the brotherhood within the Legion the fraternity of the airborne extends all over the world. We were still debating on who was going to buy the first round when we married up in Florida but as he's now under the care of Saint Michael, the first round will have to be a 'stop drop race track' for a little while.

Following DC's lead, I'd like to share one of our last messages from last Thursday when we were chatting about his health.

"Bart

I'm sorry to hear brother, let's hope we get to hook up one day on this plain anyways. If we don't, then when we do meet on the next plain, save me a good seat.

Steve"

'Hi Steve,

And excellent plan, my brother! See you when ever life throws us together, 'till then, Blue skies and my love and affection!

Bart'

Anyways, I'm sure Bart would have been cool with sharing that.

God bless our brother paratrooper, may he have gentle winds and soft landings, it was truly an honour to have shared a few stories and a friendship with him, he'll remain in my heart until we do get to raise that drink. I'd usually end my conversations with him with 'airborne makes a good man better', and Bart would sign off with AATW.

Airborne all the way Bart, Airborne all the way.

S

Sarahlouise

Unregistered
I had the honour of sharing pm's and a few of Bart's life stories that he wrote and kindly sent me in these past months. What a man! What a life! RIP Bart

Stormbringer

Super Active Member
Rest in peace Bart! It was an honour knowing you on this forum. A fine soldier and a fine gentleman! I only wish there were more like him around me.

twitch

You were an inspiration Mr. Bart as brave in the end as you were on those battlefields. You left this world a better place than you found it, and left in total peace. Will not forget you.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
I am taking an enormous liberty, to post the face that goes with the Name, Gatorojo (Redcat) aka Bart.
Taken at West Point A.D 1961. You can now come and be the ghost that drinks all my beers. Cheers Bart, Love you! :)

View attachment 4497

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Rest In Peace, Bart. I believe we've lost a dear friend, a fine soldier, and a good man when you past away. I'll miss you.

Most viewed threads of the week